layman

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Apparently there has been a change of heart. Somebody, maybe ionus I can't remember who exactly, said the only response he got from an inquiry about the removal was that anyone was free to start a new thread that did not violate the terms of service.

Assuming that it was originally deleted, I agree whole-heartedly with whoever decided to restore it, and I know that many others do too.
Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:26 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

Quote:
Fun thread...lots of discussion...lots of disagreement.

I disagree! Laughing Razz Mr. Green

Funny! Wink
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:27 am
@layman,
Oh look, we have another Anglophile on the forum!
Ionus

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:29 am
@layman,
Quote:
maybe ionus
Oh for shame....of course it was the great me! Cool
I know what did it...it was my threat to go on strike! That must have been it...or the 35 cent voodoo doll...but I was trying to hit the next door neighbour with that curse.. Confused
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:29 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Apparently there has been a change of heart. Somebody, maybe ionus I can't remember who exactly, said the only response he got from an inquiry about the removal was that anyone was free to start a new thread that did not violate the terms of service.

Assuming that it was originally deleted, I agree whole-heartedly with whoever decided to restore it, and I know that many others do too.

Right on, Layman.

Yeah, we all get a little testy with each other once in a while...but for the most part, discussions on topics such as these...gonna generate some heat.

We can all take it...although we all oughta just tone it down a bit.

We can disagree without hating and vilifying each other.
layman

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:32 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Oh look, we have another Anglophile on the forum!

You mean me? Fraid not. I'm an Anglophobe, a francophobe, and every other kinda phobe except when it come to the greatest country in the whole damn world, which, as is obvious to all, is the USA!
Ionus

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
We can disagree without hating and vilifying each other.
You're new here, arent you .
Ionus

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:34 am
@layman,
Quote:
I'm an Anglophobe, a francophobe, and every other kinda phobe
They sent a phobe to Mars once but it crashed .
0 Replies

timur

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:37 am
Ionus wrote:
They sent a phobe to Mars once but it crashed .

Wasn't it supposed to land on Phobos?
Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:37 am
@Ionus,
Been here almost from the start...and was with Abuzz for several years before that.

We can do it...we can disagree...and do so heatedly, passionately...without hating and vilifying each other.

Just takes a bit of work, patience...and the ability to pass over some of the stuff those jackasses write.
Wink

0 Replies

layman

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:39 am
I'm so glad I'm livin in the USA! Anything ya want, they got it right here in the USA! I'm with Chuck, eh?

Ionus

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:39 am
@timur,
That would explain the crash...
0 Replies

timur

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:41 am
Frank wrote:
the ability to pass over some of the stuff those jackasses write.

I have little patience with jackasses that think they know what I think (or believe)!
George

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:45 am
So glad this thread is back.
I love the smell of venom in the morning.
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:50 am
@layman,
Now that my man, is MUSIC !!! I wonder how they got that lot together ?
Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:53 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
the ability to pass over some of the stuff those jackasses write.

I have little patience with jackasses that think they know what I think (or believe)!

If you use the letters I enlarged just as written...

...it would make a great title for your autobiography.

Oh...I guess you would need a comma between the two words...although the avatar would work just fine as is.
Olivier5

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:55 am
@layman,
I was being sarcastic. Racism and xenophobia are for losers.
0 Replies

timur

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 10:15 am
Frank wrote:
..it would make a great title for your autobiography.

Whatever the title, at least I would have something worth narrating, unlike your crappy notions...
layman

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 10:20 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
I wonder how they got that lot together ?

That clip comes from a documentary about Chuck Berry called "Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll." Richards, who has always idolized Chuck, was in it throughout. It kinda ended with a big-ass concert performed in Saint Louis at a theatre from which Chuck (being black) had been excluded as a child (he grew up in Saint Louis). Robert Cray and Linda Ronstadt (who sold a lot of records covering that tune) came to appear in that concert, mainly because they also have great admiration and respect for Chuck. The great Johnny Johnson (0n piano) was Chuck's partner for years, beginning the early '50's.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 10:21 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
..it would make a great title for your autobiography.

Whatever the title, at least I would have something worth narrating, unlike your crappy notions...

Of course,you could title your worthwhile narrations, "How I lived up to the happiness shown on the face of my avatar!"

That would be spot on.

Gloomy Gus!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY-3gsY7XV3JdquoYWaSddDdLCZDXz3JfGf7E7fCE6iwwUAKnDoxQFQA