izzythepush

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 03:15 pm
@farmerman,
The sort that won't leave you alone and tries to fly up your nose? Sort of.

I put him on ignore a few days ago, I just can't be arsed dealing with him.

Actually, when I told my daughter what I'd just posted she was horrified, because she knew the answer. She said it would be sedimentary rock too, so problem solved.
Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 03:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Did you mean sedimentary rocks...or sedentary rocks?
izzythepush

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 03:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're too late, the problem is solved, the rock is identified.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 03:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Ditto re someone I always listen to. He is a rich source of real information, not to give him sainthood, but he sure gets listenhood x ten.

Meantime I'm clamfloogled how a thread about a2kers with no belief in religion and their real life situations regarding that gets to be such a gallumphing quagmire of despond.
I take it as human nature underbelly, rather like pork belly cheeks in fancy restaurants.
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 07:14 pm
@ossobuco,

Quote:
I take it as human nature underbelly, rather like pork belly cheeks in fancy restaurants.

It is a real love fest. Good thing Blowholes can't procreate. You guys keep thinking so highly of yourselves(someone has to do it).

As for your opinion of me( I can't speak for the others)....

http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/funny_meter.gif
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 08:30 pm
@farmerman,
It doesnt matter what you say Gomer, I showed you what was said and you avoided just like the first time . Why do any of you clowns pretend to be open minded and fair when clearly you are belligerent close minded fools ?

You were wrong about what was said, how it was said and the reference I gave . But your fans thumbed you up because you can do no wrong if you just keep bluffing like the pompous arrogant old fart you are .
Quote:
I would gldly accept correction if you could show me the post.
I just posted major corrections and you didnt acknowledge them . That doesnt matter when you are an institution . You take your fans and your lies and shove them where even your ego would not retereat to .
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 08:38 pm
@Ionus,
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/Muttley.gif
0 Replies

layman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 08:46 pm
This post isn't particularly relevant to anything, but, given some of the recent posts, I will make this observation.

I'm new here, so, as I said before, I don't exactly know the "lay of the land." It is obvious that some adverse relationships have developed here between certain posters here for reasons about which I have absolutely no knowledge. Because I don't know, I don't presume that either side is right, and I don't particularly care.

But I do know what has happened since I've been here. In my case 4-5 (maybe more, I don't really keep count) made repeated, persistent, and quite uncalled for personal attacks on me. I really didn't even attempt to retaliate, but that didn't stop them. On the contrary, it seemed to encourage them because they thought they had somebody they could push around--someone who they could intimidate with their preposterous swaggering bluster and bluff. So they just kept at it.

They tried HARD to make an enemy out of me--and, to a certain extent, they succeeded. I don't like their sorry asses any more, and I will certainly point out their failings to others without hesitation. They wanted it that way. BADLY. So they got it.

As I said, these running feuds are just a waste of time to me, but if I'm attacked I will defend and retaliate. They set the tone. They want a fight. They have one, from me.

Now, then, since "sides" have been drawn, and since I know by personal experience how these people operate, I am naturally inclined to believe and "side with" those who claim to have similar experiences with them. And, of course, I've seen them play their petty games with others firsthand, now, too.

So, now, to my dismay, I am a part of a "faction," I suppose. It's obvious that these would-be bullies will not, and even can not, change their petty-ass ways. All the more reason the punk-ass bitches deserve scorn and disapproval.

Like I said, no real point. Just making some observations.
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 08:57 pm
@layman,
I have been at it from day one. A virtual mob attacked for my negative opinions of Islam. It seems facts they do not like are just not facts.

And the arrogance is based on nothing else but progressive propaganda and the fear of not fitting in or being called a racist or bigot. Words they toss around so much, they have lost their meaning.

layman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 09:02 pm
@layman,
I'm still not sure who's who, and who's from where, but, best I can tell there is a little "gang" of Limeys, all probably at least 70 years old, who roam this site in a pack and engage in gang attacks. As cowards tend to do.

All of these codgers should be old enough to remember how we helped save their ass during WWII and how we gave them extensive "free" assistance in rebuilding their sorry-ass country. You would think they might be grateful, but I think our help had the opposite effect. As Nietzsche once noted: "If you want to make an enemy, do someone a favor." The weak, petty, and resentful types will never be grateful. They will just hold a grudge because they had to turn to you for help with something they couldn't do for themselves.

I think it was Mark Twain who said:
Quote:
“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a Limey.”

PS: My apologies to the run-of-the-mill Limey, who is most often a quite agreeable chap.
layman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 09:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And the arrogance is based on nothing else but progressive propaganda and the fear of not fitting in or being called a racist or bigot.

Yeah, Joint, I agree that's an element, but I wouldn't say it is "nothing else," for the ones I'm thinking of. It may be little more than that for some who are quick to express their disapproval and act as those who disagree with them are sub-human animals, unworthy of the common courtesy that they would extend to a dog.

It's all part of the same "gang mentality" and the presumption that the withholding of their personal approval will change the opinions of others. But it's more than "just" that with the ringleaders and/or those who chronically gratuitously insult others. They aspire to more than merely achieving conformity from others. These types are on petty power trips, presumably rooted in a lack of self-esteem and self-satisfaction. They seem to think they can somehow improve their self-image by denigrating others and then high-fiving each other. It don't work that way, I'm afraid.
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 10:14 pm
@coldjoint,
I try to walk a middle line but the sheer vitriolic ranting of some has me fighting back . You cant give them an inch without them saying 'nyah nyah told you so' and then they bring up your compromise later in a totally different context as though agreement was a bad thing .
I have a sizable physical build and if I was standing in front of them they would definitely behave themselves, cowards that they are . Many of them are here because they cant talk to friends and neighbours . Little wonder why...
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 10:32 pm
@Ionus,
http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/wootrock.gif
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 11:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
the arrogance is based on nothing else but progressive propaganda and the fear of not fitting in

A: I am greener than you ! I want to save sharks and you only want to save whales !
B: Nuh-ah ! I am greener than you ! I want to save cockroaches ! I have every turd I have ever dropped since I was 15 in a compost bin !
A: I once hugged poison ivy and spent 3 weeks in hospital just to show I love nature more than tree huggers !
B: I believe in land rights for gay albino black hindu Palestinian transexuals ! Thats how much I look for a minority cause to champion !
A: Thats nothing ! I think all humans should die so we can have a 'natural' earth for future generations to enjoy !
B: So ? I killed a child for not belonging to a minority ! Thats how green I am ! I even want to save the Panda, an animal that nature gave up on because its only on heat for 2 days a year ! And I blame people for its extinction !
A: I believe in Global Warming !
B: Shocked Do you really ?
A: No, I got carried away . No one is that stupid . Confused
layman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 11:44 pm
@Ionus,
Heh, Ionus, quite humorous, actually. And, needless to say, likely to meet with a strong wave of condemnation (especially of you, personally) by a certain faction on this site.
Ionus

Sat 4 Apr, 2015 01:52 am
@layman,
3 people will mark it down because it is me and they are mentally ill so it is my fault . 4 people wont see it because they have me on ignore . 1 person will think it is about purple cars and start a debate in that direction . 6 people will attack me as a bigot and not being green . 3 people will argue details . 3 people will get it and smile, so for them I continue to post .
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 4 Apr, 2015 03:51 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
It doesnt matter what you say Gomer, I showed you what was said and you avoided just like the first time . Why do any of you clowns pretend to be open minded and fair when clearly you are belligerent close minded fools

All I can say is that youre delusional as usual.
0 Replies

timur

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:11 am
So, can we go back to fighting on our irreconcilable stances on atheism?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:13 am
Okay...back in operation.

Fun thread...lots of discussion...lots of disagreement.

This is the way a good forum should work!
argome321

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Fun thread...lots of discussion...lots of disagreement.

I disagree! Laughing Razz Mr. Green