Setanta

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 04:20 pm
@layman,
Posting videos about yourself? Not surprising. Showing just how pathetic and low your rhetoric is? That's not a surprise either.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 06:55 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
This place just gets loonier and loonier. However, the intent of all too many members here to do nothing but indulge in character assassination is clear.

You mean like the jerk who called me coldpatty and other names after just 3 posts.
That was you. You are the most hypocritical one here.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 07:15 pm
http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/worshipme.gif

Hail Setantahttp://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/s849.gif
Ionus

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:16 pm
@farmerman,
You think you are a sacred institution here, dont you Gomer ? Go chase up the thread and let people see what a dick you are . Your attack on me was because you tried to appear knowledgeable about sailing and embarrassed yourself . The next post was where I found an article on DNA and put it up for discussion, but you and **** for brains have a strange way of discussing anything...its called arrogant bombastic bullshit . Learn some humility before you die .
coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:20 pm
@Ionus,
http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/goodpost.gif
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:26 pm
@argome321,
I agree with your post but I see instincts and emotions as the same thing. Emotions are on a more complex level as they deal with a more complex environment because of more complex senses and storage of information .

If we measure chemicals in the body then the emotion fear is inextricably linked with the instinct to avoid danger . Instincts appear to play a lesser role because the more complex version, emotions, is needed when information is more detailed .
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Ionus

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Ah gees, did you have to ? He'll take that as a serious compliment .
coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 09:40 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ah gees, did you have to ? He'll take that as a serious compliment .

So much for humility.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 2 Apr, 2015 11:39 pm
@coldjoint,
That cartoon is kinda insulting to the posters who he has successfully bluffed, doncha think?
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 09:07 am
@layman,
Quote:
That cartoon is kinda insulting to the posters who he has successfully bluffed, doncha think?

Then it shouldn't bother you, right?
layman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 09:28 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Then it shouldn't bother you, right?

Well, I don't really know the "lay of the land" here at all, but I think some good people think highly of him. I'd really rather nobody insulted anybody, but what can ya do?

To me, someone who routinely relies on insults as a standard M.O. is suspect, even if I tend to completely agree with him. But some don't mind insults at all (even though they personally don't insult people) as long as they agree with the insulter and disagree with the insulted.

That's just the way it is. Whether I agree with someone or not (or them with me) in no way determines whether or not I "like" them. It fact, it's pretty much irrelevant, for me. But for some others, not so much, it seems. Many here act as thought they thoroughly "detest" a person if they don't agree with him. It's just human nature, I suppose.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 09:53 am
@Ionus,
Quote:

You think you are a sacred institution here, dont you Gomer ? Go chase up the thread and let people see what a dick you are . Your attack on me was because you tried to appear knowledgeable about sailing and embarrassed yourself . The next post was where I found an article on DNA and put it up for discussion, but you and **** for brains have a strange way of discussing anything...its called arrogant bombastic bullshit . Learn some humility before you die

Where did I bs you about sailing? . I dont sail. If anyone remembers my posts, Ive always power boated. I hand outfitted and rebuilt a Beal Island 38 from a wrecked hull with which I had a marine architect design a new setup for power boating (yanmar diesel). Id been in and out Northumberland,Gros Morne, the Belle Isle STraits and to Lans Aux Meadows . Id been to Sable Isle and through La Tette in summer squalls.

NEVER HAVE I EVER SAID I SAILED IT. SAIL BOATS are for people with time to waste. Ive crewed on them an sailed sunfishes and other "one design" POS's , but I was never an owner.I did a post about how we, the crew, wanted to kill the captain of the sailboat e were racing. In 2009I built a curach nd a CLC stitch nd glue Kayak.
SO I dont think YOUVE EVER told me anything about sailboats.

I recall arguing with Set about marine artists but set always comes at you well informed. YOU, not so much.

PS, Whenever you have to back away because youve been debunked, you always have started using insult. I say, if your good at something , use it well. Your insults though, are rather unlike those of JM Whistler or Mark Twain.

NOW, as to your DNA reference, it was NEVER an article, it was an outcry you made, about how EVERYTHING WE KNOW re dinosaurs is because of DNA. I merely asked where you find dinosaur DNA and then you went ballistic

DONT LIE your way out of it .

coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 09:56 am
She's mad.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/rofl.gif
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 11:45 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Where did I bs you about sailing?
It was in your posts about your currach . You were confusing locations and different groups of ancient people . I politely pointed out your errors .

Quote:
you always have started using insult. I say, if your good at something , use it well. Your insults though, are rather unlike those of JM Whistler or Mark Twain.
People fall asleep during your insults . I am far better than you at it .

Quote:
NOW, as to your DNA reference, it was NEVER an article, it was an outcry you made, about how EVERYTHING WE KNOW re dinosaurs is because of DNA. I merely asked where you find dinosaur DNA and then you went ballistic
It was an article that said we could find Dinosaur DNA in chicken DNA . You didnt merely ask, you said in capitals (thats considered shouting you know)
Quote:
Quote:
Thinking about it, who says they are extinct ? Ever eaten a chicken ? It seems the T-Rex's closest living relative (based on DNA) is the chicken

WHO THE HELL HAS T-rex DNA??
Your memory fails you again, Gomer . You had the chance to be the expert you like to think of yourself as, but all you wanted to do was put me down because of the fool you made of yourself about ancient peoples .
And here's the article that you said doesnt exist and that I didnt quote .
izzythepush

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 12:03 pm
@farmerman,
I think his absence was effected by a stay in a mental institution. I think he's due back. He's doing this **** all over A2k on lots of different threads.
1 Talk Bollocks and casual racism/homophobia/religious intolerance.
2 Claim to be an expert on everything.
3 Go apeshit when said bollocks are found out.
4 Throw really personal insults around like they're going out of fashion at everybody who doesn't think you're the fountain of all knowledge.

Btw, I think you're a sacred institution, and I don't give a monkeys who knows it.
BBtw, my testicles have recently calcified into what I think is a type of igneous rock. My mate reckons they're more like metamorphic rock. If I send you a picture could you settle the argument for us? In the interests of science obviously.
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 12:11 pm
She's mad, toohttp://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/hissyfit.gif
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 12:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Why do you bother ? Another useless post from you . Do you fantasise about me Ms dizzythetush ? Can you get over your infatuation and contribute ? One day ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 02:26 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You were confusing locations and different groups of ancient people . I politely pointed out your errors .
I would gldly accept correction if you could show me the post. I built the currach not out of any sense of historic obligation but of a good prow freeboard so I could "plow " the bay going fishing.
PS, you dont "politely" point out anything. You usually start out assertive then quickly change over to rude.

Quote:
I am far better than you at it .
. Im glad that Im not a champion of insult. I was beginning to worry whether Id become an asshole like you. Thanks, I needed that reassurance.

Quote:
It was an article that said we could find Dinosaur DNA in chicken DNA
now whats qrong with this statement as presented??

My comment about who hs T rex DNA stns unchallenged . Its a presumptive piece of populr crap. There are NO dinosaurs (from which DNA has been extracted and the chicken comparison was presented for folks to enjoy a cartoonish "Factoid"

BTW, I sent you a PM at the same time because I did NOT want to embarass you further. It was about Dr SChweitzer (mary, not Albert) an her searches for the specific types of amino acids that are found in COLLAGEN , not DNA. Do you recall?
Seems the one whose a friend of Al Zimer is not me.
farmerman

Fri 3 Apr, 2015 02:44 pm
@izzythepush,
you wanna send me a pictur of your nutz? why, I think Pinky is the one with the nut fetish, not me.

Calcification is a sedimentary phenom about 99%. The amount of igneous Calc is very small and its mostly from Italy , Phillipines or Arknsas.(pick one)
Metamorphic calcification would make you MARBLE MAN.

You dont seem to give a **** about Pinky. Dont you find him annoying like a little gnat buzzing around till we gotta smack im with a rolled up newspapaer.