Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:34 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Guesses about sports, games and traffic intersections are, as Setanta so clearly put it, based on experience...and calculations. They may be right...they may be wrong...we may find out they are either one or the other...or we not.

Guesses about whether gods exist or not...or whether there is more to life than what appears to be...

...are just blind guesses, InfraBlue.

Guesses about the true nature of the REALITY of existence...are blind guesses.

Or so it seems to me. If you disagree...tell me what "beliefs" you have about the actuality of the REALITY of existence...that are not blind guesses.

If you present a reasonable, compelling argument, I am certainly willing to change my position...partly or in total if appropriate.

There are beliefs about gods and reality that are also based on experience, though, so these too, according to your experience criteria, are discounted as being blind guesses.

Whether you change your position or not is immaterial. I'm merely pointing out the inconsistency in your assertion.

There is no inconsistency in my assertion...so you cannot be pointing any out.

Of course there are "beliefs" about gods and reality that are based on experience...but every "belief" about gods and REALITY is a blind guess.

If you think not...name one that is not. We can discuss it.
Setanta

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:57 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:
But your not happy or satisfied if you don't believe in happiness or satisfaction. You gotta believe in these things for them to work their magic. They are the God.

This is an example of how you wander away from reason and just make assertions which are consonant with your preconceptions. Happiness and satisfaction are not "god." You just say that because that feeble nonsense is as close to are argument for god as you're able to come. Many people in this world are happy and satisfied, and they don't for a moment agree with your point of view.
Olivier5

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Why do you ask questions which I answered already? Can't you read my answers?
MWal

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:30 pm
@Setanta,
What point of view do I hold? You can claim happiness, but it doesn't necisarly make it so. I am happy because I want to be, and if you feel the same you certainly share my point of view in life.
Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Why do you ask questions which I answered already? Can't you read my answers?

I asked them a second time, Olivier, because you are avoiding them by moving between two different questions.

The first had to do with what Mano wrote. He wrote: “There is no second chance, no opportunity to have a do-over, there is no afterlife where wrongs are righted and cosmic justice meted out to the evildoers.”

I asked you , “Do you think it is something Mano knows, Olivier...or just something he is guessing?”

Your answer, after a lot of trying to evade it was: “The answer to your question is obviously: I don't know, and how could I?”

But I didn’t ask you if you knew whether he knows that stuff or not. I asked you what you think. Do you think he knows that stuff…or is he just guessing.

(He really is just guessing, Olivier…unless he is GOD.)

Then I asked if you thought he was GOD.

And instead of answering…you simply said that was not what you said.

I know it was not what you said…but if he is not GOD…how could he know the stuff he asserted about what happens or does not happen after death.

So I can read your answers...and your avoidance, Olivier. I can read you also...like a book.
Wink
MWal

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your doubt translate to hate to the faithful mind. You just don't know yet, because you don't believe. I am on the faithful fastback, I know everything because I believe, you only know what is mainstream science, or knowledge. My knowledge is supped up thank you very much. I have been to Heaven. To call me into doubt is to not know, is to draw hate to me.

Just because I have seen grace and glory and you have not is no reason to doubt me, you mustn't know the good faithful word, and the good passive word. Wind, and fire.
Olivier5

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So you want me to make a wild guess about some dude I never met... Hmmm. Why would anyone do that, Frank? And why would anyone describe that as "thinking"?... Ts ts ts...
Setanta

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:39 pm
@MWal,
No, i don't "share" your point of view. I don't believe that there is a god, or that one must believe that in order to be happy. There are more than a billion people on this planet, at the least, who don't believe there is a god, and yet most of them are happy. You're just babbling now.
MWal

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:48 pm
@Setanta,
All I know is I say I believe, and you say you don't, logically there is one. And we will only fight over it until it becomes mainstream knowledge. I want people to be happy, with happiness crimes go down, and love goes up, and ain't that what I believe in in the first place? Please, sir, be happy.
Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 05:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

So you want me to make a wild guess about some dude I never met... Hmmm. Why would anyone do that, Frank? And why would anyone describe that as "thinking"?... Ts ts ts...

The guy says he knows stuff that he cannot possibly know about REALITY.

Yeah...you should be able to offer an opinion.

But you are doing your usual weasel act.

So...do it.

Soon...it will no longer be an act.

Tsk, tsk, tsk yourself.
Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 05:10 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:

Your doubt translate to hate to the faithful mind.

You just don't know yet, because you don't believe. I am on the faithful fastback, I know everything because I believe, you only know what is mainstream science, or knowledge. My knowledge is supped up thank you very much. I have been to Heaven. To call me into doubt is to not know, is to draw hate to me.

Just because I have seen grace and glory and you have not is no reason to doubt me, you mustn't know the good faithful word, and the good passive word. Wind, and fire.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVIVBm1DW-TlY25H3W8nwp723dpug-hpDCGeGb_R_seMo9efkBRA
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 05:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
How do you know that he is not a god? Maybe that's the true nature of his reality...
Setanta

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 05:26 pm
@MWal,
I am happy, you seem to assume i'm not, and i say that's because your propaganda tells you that. You say that "logically" there is a god. Will you please provide your logical reason for that statement?
MWal

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 05:31 pm
@Setanta,
Whaaaatta? Logically happiness is what God needs to be God, and happiness is real. So really god might exist.
Setanta

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 06:53 pm
@MWal,
I will leave aside that almost all human accounts of a god are of anything but a happy character--I note that you say god might exist. God can just as easily not exist. Happiness doesn't need a god for peeople to experience it.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 07:22 pm
@Setanta,
I don't think their goal is happiness, but to have a life after death.
0 Replies

MWal

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 07:47 pm
@Setanta,
But you don't know that. You don't realize the nature of happiness, and just what is happy.
edgarblythe

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 08:04 pm
Oh I'm so happy. Happy happy happy. You are not happy like me. Only a man who believes as I do could be so happy. If you could see through this computer you would see a face like a textbook for happy. You only wish you could be so happy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 08:14 pm
@MWal,
How do you know that? You've slipped back to the hateful point you were at when you called atheists goons. I'm not going to waste any more time on you.
husker

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 09:04 pm
chuckles you guys still chewing on this..... I'll watch by the sidelines Smile
0 Replies