spendius

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I have conceded nothing to you...and I thank you for another declaration of victory. They tickle me no end!

That's Apisa whining about Olivier stealing the tune he can't get out of his head. Obviously his best one because there is only one.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:39 pm
I used to write essays for free..Smile
There were websites called something like "Ask an Expert" and "Homework Help" and "Student Assist" etc where pupils used to ask us to do essays for them which they then passed off as all their own work.
Feedback from the delighted kids indicated that I was regularly getting top marks, but then a few teachers, tutors and parents smelt a fish and I was banned!
I switched to chatrooms and got banned from there too after a kid said "My parents drag me off to church every sunday but I don't want to go, what should I do?"
"Refuse pointblank to go" I replied, and his parents went ballistic and got me kicked off..Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:
You are an out of control, overly angry person, ci.

No, I'm not angry. Just stupefied by people like you who know how to psycho analyze people on a2k by our postings. You're actually a joke. You're not only ignorant, but stupid as well. Oh, I'm not angry; just expressing my observations about people like you - a know it all who says nothing.

You are very angry.

The first step in remediating that condition is to recognize your problem.

Be truthful with yourself, ci. Recognize and acknowledge your out-of-control anger...and you may be able to rein it in.
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:51 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
Ever been paid for an essay?

I'm actually paid to write, at least that's part of the job, and have published extensively.

A shipping clerk is paid to write...it is part of his job.

Have you ever been paid for an essay, is what I asked.

Quote:
Try and write to any journal or editor out there about the "qualifier". Then PLEASE PLEASE copy-paste their replies on A2K!

I doubt that would be material for an essay that might qualify for payment, Olivier.

Why don't you try to publish an essay that laughs at the idea that some ideas make logic and sense when qualified...but not, when not.

Quote:
Forget that, try to explain your convoluted truisms to your wife, and see what she says!

A truism is a truism.

What are you saying?

Has the pressure of this discussion driven you mad?
cicerone imposter

@Frank Apisa,
Okay, I'm angry. LOL
You're also an idiot!
coldjoint

@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

You are very angry.

Don't forget stupid, Frank.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Okay, I'm angry. LOL
You're also an idiot!

Okay...you are angry. That is a good beginning.

Oh...I am not an idiot. You ought really to stop calling so many people stupid or idiots. Doing so reveals too much about yourself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Olivier5: I define 1) knowledge as empirical, based on observable phenomenon [sic]

Frank: you CAN make a logical comment about something you cannot observe. “I do not know if there are any living beings on any planet circling the nearest 5 stars to Sol”…is totally appropriate. No need to observe to make that comment.

O: Literally, this is a comment about what you KNOW, and you can "observe" what you know - it's inside your head, not lightyears away.

F: My thoughts, of course [...] are in my head. Can you name an idea you have had that is not in your head?

O: if they are in your head, they are observable by you. So you failed to present a convincing example of "a logical comment about something you cannot observe."

F: I have knowledge of my thoughts. I do not have knowledge of beings on other planets.

O: Thanks for conceding my point that knowledge must be based on empirical facts, which one can observe. Your counter-example was embarrassingly off-mark.

F: I have conceded nothing to you.

O: You have, but unwittingly so.
Olivier5

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I am saying that you wouldn't dare to share any of your boring truisms with anyone else but us, poor A2K posters. The minute you share that material with anyone else, you'll loose all credit with them. And you know it.
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:00 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Olivier5: I define 1) knowledge as empirical, based on observable phenomenon [sic]

Frank: you CAN make a logical comment about something you cannot observe. “I do not know if there are any living beings on any planet circling the nearest 5 stars to Sol”…is totally appropriate. No need to observe to make that comment.

O: Literally, this is a comment about what you KNOW, and you can "observe" what you know - it's inside your head, not lightyears away.

F: My thoughts, of course [...] are in my head. Can you name an idea you have had that is not in your head?

O: if they are in your head, they are observable by you. So you failed to present a convincing example of "a logical comment about something you cannot observe."

F: I have knowledge of my thoughts. I do not have knowledge of beings on other planets.

O: Thanks for conceding my point that knowledge must be based on empirical facts, which one can observe. Your counter-example was embarrassingly off-mark.

F: I have conceded nothing to you.

O: You have, but unwittingly so.

Nope...not at all, Olivier.

I cannot observe any beings on any planet except for Earth.

But I can logically, honestly, and appropriately say, “I do not know if there are any living beings on any planet circling the nearest 5 stars to Sol.” There is no need to observe any other planets in order to make that statement.

But I thank you for trying to argue that I am wrong...because you highlight just how desperate and absurd you are getting in order to try to make me wrong at any cost.

Why are you doing that?

You have such a low opinion of me and my opinions...one would think you would just laugh at me and move on.

Perhaps you actually enjoy being my plaything. Wink
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:04 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I am saying that you wouldn't dare to share any of your boring truisms with anyone else but us, poor A2K posters.

I have shared my thoughts, the thoughts you suppose to be "boring truisms" with many others, Olivier.

Why do you think otherwise?

Quote:
The minute you share that material with anyone else, you'll loose all credit with them. And you know it.

I have shared that same material with friends and acquaintances...and they seem to hold me in very high regard.

You really have fallen over the edge in your anger and frustration with me.

It doesn't look good.

You are beginning to look foolish.

I guess I should stop prodding you to make yourself look foolish, but I have not yet tired of all this.
Wink
Olivier5

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I ate you alive and you still think I'm your "plaything"? LOL... Thanks for making me laugh so much!

As an epilogue:

cicerone imposter

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
frankie boy, the condescending asshole-idiot said,
Quote:

Don't you know? We're all angry! LOL
spendius

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:30 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I'm shocked at the way Frankie is dodging our questions, he hadn't used to duck a fight..(sigh)

Your newbie creases are showing Romeo. Apisa ducked out of a fight with a few itsy-bitsy atheists, the cod variety, and left A2K for a good few years. He came back because where he rebounded to must have been ducked out of as well.

And he ducks out of replying to my posts. He claims it is because I don't respect him and that is one thing he does have right. And it is not a valid excuse for not responding to another debater because it would not at all do in any respectable debating chamber. Imagine it. Cameron refusing to respond to Miliband because he claimed Miliband doesn't respect him. It's like throwing some of your toys out of the pram and keeping the fluffy ones to cuddle up with.

His refusal to respond to my posts proves that. He finds you, Olivier, much more cuddly than he does me. You aid his self-complacency you see. I have proved my self unworthy. He probably hums I Did It My Way when scrolling by my posts, assuming, without actually knowing, that I have not revised my position. Believing I have not I mean. A form of madness Apisa says.

It's a bit complicated but it's all to do with Darwin reducing, at a stroke, the self-esteem which had previously been enjoyed in all sorts of different ways. After Darwin it didn't matter what anybody did or said because they had all been leveled with the brutes. Basically a mobile tube with a hole at each end and a reproductive organ. But latterly adapted to flourish in every niche where life can get a start.

Some refined ladies were reported to have fainted clean away and been carried from the hall when Darwin revealed his masterpiece of ironic prose from which the likes of Roadrunner evolved. And Tom and Gerry.

So talking up self-esteem came into mass popularity. Except for those who are comfortable with being a mobile tube with a hole at each end and a reproductive organ. And there's always Senokot in reserve.

A period in hospital is enough to remind most people of the stringent scientific appraisal of their condition and thus validate Darwin's hypothesis.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I ate you alive and you still think I'm your "plaything"? LOL... Thanks for making me laugh so much!

As an epilogue:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4[/youtube]

More claims of victory!

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

You are a plaything for me...and you help me to enjoy my play.

By now it is probably obvious to you...but you just cannot stop yourself.

So anyway...have you ever been paid for an essay?

Oh, did I mention that writing is part of the job of a waitress?

Wink
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

frankie boy, the condescending asshole-idiot said,
Quote:

Don't you know? We're all angry! LOL

We???

Do you have an angry mouse in your pocket?

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/clown.gif http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2-joke.gif 
http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/clown/p0815.gif http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2_joker3.gif

coldjoint

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Do you have an angry mouse in your pocket?

Turd, Frank, not mouse.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I've been paid for writing books, but not essays.

Can you once again "make a logical comment about something you cannot observe?" Last time you tried, the result was priceless.
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 May, 2014 02:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yup, all of us who you have said we are angry. You don't know shyt, but you know that we're angry. That's a hoot!
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 May, 2014 03:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I've been paid for writing books, but not essays.

Sounds like "I am a Frenchman."

Are you saying you are a published author?

Or did you write a manual on how to grate cheese?

Quote:
Can you once again "make a logical comment about something you cannot observe?" Last time you tried, the result was priceless.

I doubt my last effort was "priceless"...but it was honest, logical, and appropriate.

That seems to bother you.

Why?