Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:33 am
@FBM,
Relax chum, all that's just a play on words so don't take it seriously!
You're a Former Buddhist Monk (FBM) so as a matter of interest can you tell us why you ditched Buddhism?
spendius

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:01 am
@coldjoint,
Have you noticed cj that it is only the silliest atheists who have their finger poised reflexively over the thumbs?

The thumbing is one-sided because others don't stoop to such babyish tricks.

Do you know that the assertion that Western poetic thought is incoherent, when it only tracks the evolution of our culture, is a gross example of assertion magic. Such an assertion conveniently frees the critical thinking philosopher of any obligation to add the study of the subject to his CV and thus to pretend, at least to his own satisfaction, that he has intellectual credentials and is well educated. When all he has done is provide himself with a spavined brain.

He ends up, as is to be expected, being unable to separate in his mind the Bible from carefully chosen examples of people who read it in a certain way. In effect preventing himself thereby from ever being able to read it and cutting himself off from the roots of his own culture which include the very alfabet and etymologies of the language he uses and the social institutions derived from it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:14 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Wilso wrote:
It's a trollfest.
Are you talking about this particular thread or A2K in general?

Nope. I was wrong. It's all of it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 07:05 am
"Jesus loves you"... A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison.
spendius

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 08:43 am
@Wilso,
That minority which parades "Jesus loves you" don't half pull Wilso's chain. It obviously energises him sufficiently that he lifts up stones to find examples in order to have something to spout about.

And Mexican prisons are a sign of a desperate dredging operation.

Did anybody else see his ridiculous attack upon women for having the temerity to reject the attentions of suitors they don't fancy.

0 Replies

FBM

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 08:47 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Relax chum, all that's just a play on words so don't take it seriously!
You're a Former Buddhist Monk (FBM) so as a matter of interest can you tell us why you ditched Buddhism?

Did I say I ditched Buddhism?

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/604128_273521302784307_1849165793_n_zps18d470e1.jpg
spendius

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 08:51 am
@FBM,
Don't ever try studying the Bible FBM. It wouldn't be good for you to discover your foolishness.
panzade

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 09:52 am
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10001411_649225568485265_1964957749_n.jpg

wiki
Quote:
In November 2003, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch published a four-part special report detailing Meyer's "$10 million corporate jet, her husband’s $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children," a $20 million headquarters, furnished with "$5.7 million worth of furniture, artwork, glassware, and the latest equipment and machinery," including a "$30,000 malachite round table, a $23,000 marble-topped antique commode, a $14,000 custom office bookcase, a $7,000 Stations of the Cross in Dresden porcelain, a $6,300 eagle sculpture on a pedestal, another eagle made of silver bought for $5,000, and numerous paintings purchased for $1,000 to $4,000 each," among many other expensive items – all paid for by the ministry. The articles prompted Wall Watchers (a Christian nonprofit watchdog group) to call on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to investigate Meyer and her family.

Uh...Joyce!
I've got a question.
Why is your ministry tax-exempt?
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 09:59 am
If God had wanted Joyce to be poor, he would have made an atheist.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 10:54 am
Quote:
Romeo said to FBM: You're a Former Buddhist Monk (FBM) so as a matter of interest can you tell us why you ditched Buddhism?
FBM replied: Did I say I ditched Buddhism?

Your profile says you're a former buddhist monk, I always thought the word "former" meant "was" or am I mistaken?
If you're still a Buddhist, would Buddha approve of you attacking Christianity?
Speaking of words, the "bible contradictions" picture posts you made are backfiring on you for 2 reasons-
1- They're just disjointed out-of-context wordplays that nobody takes seriously.
2- They prove that nobody ever edited out the seeming contradictions, and the bible has therefore come down to us over the centuries unedited and untouched..Smile

spendius

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 12:14 pm
@FBM,
Peniel is where Jacob wrestled with the angel and received an injury to the sinew in the hollow of his thigh which Hippocrates reported as a common crippling injury for wrestlers. It is caused by forcing the legs too wide apart.

You might recall that Solomon expresses adoration for the joints of the thighs in his beloved.

Jacob belonged to a mother-right age and owed his position to having supplanted Esau, his twin, in the womb (by the mother) by "tripping him up". Hosea XII, 3-4 connects this supplanting with the wrestling injury.

Jacob thus being Jah-aceb, "the heel god", as the injury causes the heel not to touch the ground when walking.

Abraham, Jacob's grandfather, had a sacred thigh (Genesis XXIV, 2) and had a servant support it when taking an oath as Jacob later makes Joseph do his (Genesis XLVII, 29.)

The Amiri tribes of Southern Arabia have been reported to kiss the thigh of the Emir in homage to this day. They claim to be the sons of Ma'in and the oldest race in the world. Self evidently matriarchal.

The gait produced by the injury, or the imitation of it, was used by actors on the ancient Greek stage because it causes a swaggering or mincing motion, as with high heel shoes, and was understood when affected off stage to have erotic implications.

The word saleuma meant the oscillation or waggling of the buttocks which was, and still is, understood as the deliberate flaunting of sexual allure. The letters SALM occur in a number of names of ancient kings.

Greek prostitutes were called Salmakides and Isaiah III, 16 chides the ladies for walking in such a lascivious manner and rolling their eyes as they progress.

The gloss Genesis gives to Jacob's lameness is " Therefore the Children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is in the hollow of the thigh, to this day." Which, I have heard, is the letter of the law still in some modern communities although no longer strictly enforced except by the veils of accepted discretion and judicious decorum.

Obviously, the process of supplanting the matriarchy and raising the patriarchy is the crux of the matter which, I presume, meets with your approval. One doesn't wrestle with an angel all night in 7 minutes.

Your prejudiced determination to discredit the Bible is what is in the way of you reading it properly and causing you to jump to premature conclusions in an understandable gush of adolescent enthusiasm.

0 Replies

Smileyrius

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 12:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo my friend, I thought you were ok with contradictions being in the bible?
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 12:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
If God had wanted Joyce to be poor, he would have made an atheist.
Nah. Joyce would still have figured an ambidextrous interpretation of the Bible to reap the largest profits.
Setanta

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 01:15 pm
@neologist,
You've got a gall to criticize anyone else for their interpretations of the bible.
0 Replies

panzade

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 01:38 pm
@neologist,
Have you ever watched her in action?
She could sell Kias and building lots like nobody's business.
farmerman

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 01:55 pm
@panzade,
Read an interesting book "How Jesus became God' its an interesting exercise in the processes of historical research into timelines of "who said what and when"

Setanta

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 02:11 pm
The first major "heresy" of christianity was Arianism. The Arians held that the "Son of God" was less than the father, and a distinct entity--on much the same basis that the JWs make the same assertion. Arius was condemned as heretical by many of the bishops who attended the First Council of Nicaea, where Eusebius wrote the Nicene Creed--and Eusebius was considered by many of his contemporaries to be an Arian, but he made no public statements. They managed to cobble together a compromise statement to the effect that the putative Jesus and God were "of the same substance." Constantine, if he was a christian at all (a subject of some perfervid christian propaganda), was an Arian. Most of the successful "barbarian" conquerors of the empire from the 5th century onward--most notably the Goths and Vandals--were Arians. It's an interesting subject.
0 Replies

panzade

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
Author please.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 03:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Read an interesting book "How Jesus became God' its an interesting exercise in the processes of historical research into timelines of "who said what and when"

More like an interesting book about how a best-selling author keeps himself in form as a best-selling author in a choice controversial realm to which spin-doctoring has been applied that the White House can't even imagine.
0 Replies

Krumple

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 03:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
2- They prove that nobody ever edited out the seeming contradictions, and the bible has therefore come down to us over the centuries unedited and untouched..Smile

yeah that is why it is well documented that copies have been found that do not match modern day texts. Not only that but many different sources either have errors or omissions and some even have contents that none of the others have.

I find it incredibly ironic that christians on one hand will claim humans are evil and must seek redemption yet these so called evil humans have never tampered with the bible? Not even a little? Just absurd. Then they want to say that the satan has his hands in everything but he never tried to corrupt a few ancient scribes to add in nonsense? Just silly how you guys make claims about stuff and have NO supporting evidence WHAT-SO-EVER.

In other words, you are a nut case Romeo Fabulini. You have a mild mental illness that needs professional attention. How do I know, because no rational person would actually say the things you say.