Wilso

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:21 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Since this is an Atheism thread, maybe this discussion with Romeo should be moved to a thread of it's own. What do you think Romeo?

Enaj

You call his communication discussion? Ad nauseum posting of ridiculous bible verses, and meaningless emoticons than make him look even more of a ridiculous fuckwit than the ad nauseum posting of ridiculous bible verses.
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:31 pm
Christianity is terrorism

http://youtu.be/35D-s0qEU3I
glitterbag

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:34 pm
@Enaj,
This is only a discussion with Romeo and his warped ill informed views on religion, if you continue to discuss religion with him. He is the one who should mosey on down the highway, because he doesn't have a clue that not everyone thinks exactly like he does. I suggest you buy a copy of "misquoting Jesus" written by a man who actually learned Greek and every other language needed to read the 'original' scripture. Much to his horror, he found that original scripture varied and often didn't even come close to the written word. As far as the bible is concerned, it's simply been translated and retranslated into so many different languages over the last 2000 years, and rewritten to conform with different religious standards. The very best you can hope for, is good advice. Or check your Horoscope. The bible doesnt contain hidden meanings, or something so magnificent that mere mortals cannot comprehend without guidance by a self-proclaimed prophet. If there is a God who made us in his likeness, why in the world would he/she give us a guidebook that is not easily understood?

Enaj

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:30 pm
I just thought that being that he wants to discuss Christianity that maybe the Atheism thread wasn't the place for it.
chai2

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:34 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The bible doesnt contain hidden meanings, or something so magnificent that mere mortals cannot comprehend without guidance by a self-proclaimed prophet.

I've personally always thought the bible was incredibly boring. I don't understand why it gets the attention it does.
farmerman

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:44 pm
@chai2,
and who was it was empowered to sell the movie rights?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:45 pm
@Enaj,
You can find this guy on a dozen threads and argue the same points, endlessly, if you and he wish. We are trying to have a thread for atheists to gather.
panzade

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:13 pm
@Enaj,
You know they do that because they have no respect for others.
Narcissism at its worst.
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 01:50 am
http://i57.tinypic.com/1zejdzc.jpg
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 03:32 am
Quote:
Enaj said: Since this is an Atheism thread, maybe this discussion with Romeo should be moved to a thread of it's own. What do you think Romeo?

But atheists are asking questions in this thread (for example somebody asked about the mormons) and I'm simply answering them!
You don't want me to run out on atheists and leave them at the mercy of all sorts of fundy religious crackpots who might wander into this thread and try to take it over do you?..Smile

PS- anyway i'm in plenty of other threads in this forum, i like to spread myself around..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/way-madmaxRomeo_zps01ae368c.gif~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 03:51 am
Quote:
Glitterbag said: The bible doesnt contain hidden meanings, or something so magnificent that mere mortals cannot comprehend without guidance by a self-proclaimed prophet. If there is a God who made us in his likeness, why in the world would he/she give us a guidebook that is not easily understood?

RIGHT, RIGHT! Crackpot cults like to say the Bible is beyond the grasp of us ordinary poor slobs unless they help us understand it; for example the Jehovah's Witnesses say-
"If you try to study the Bible without our help,you go into darkness" (Watchtower 15 Sep 1910,page 298 )
No wonder ex-bounty hunter Paul had to remind people-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

Fact is, "The common people heard Jesus gladly" (Mark 12:37)
so any cultist who tries to pretend the Bible is too difficult for us to understand is a "spiritual pervert", but they can't get under its radar..Smile-

"If anyone preaches a perverted gospel they're accursed" (Gal 1:6-9)
"Beware men who spoil you with enticing words, deceitful philosophy" (Col 2:4-8 )
"They want to win you over and alienate you from us" (Gal 4:17)
"Ignorant people distort things,to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:32 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Christianity is terrorism

Shouldn't you be making citizen's arrests Wilso? Or at least reporting Christians to the police.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:39 am
@Wilso,
Where's the logic and reason in no electricity Wilso?

It's a twee little, somewhat feminine, affectation that you can have mains electricity without Christianity. Why do you continually ignore that fact?
spendius

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:46 am
@spendius,
Quote:
46 words into Pslam 46, you encounter the word "shake"
46 words from the end of Pslam 46, you encounter the word "spear"
William Shakespeare was 46 years old when work was being finished on the KJV of the Bible!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:50 am
Quote:
Chai said: I've personally always thought the bible was incredibly boring. I don't understand why it gets the attention it does.

UFO's, giants, ghosts, replication of matter, ESP, aliens, time manipulation, out-of-body-phenomena, levitation etc, the Bible was doing it all long before David Blaine..Wink
hingehead

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:55 am
@Wilso,
Must be a good post Wilso, because there's a page of 'user ignored' s under it!
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:58 am
Quote:
Panzade said: they [Christians] have no respect for others

Right..Smile
For example here are busybody christians out disturbing the homeless by taking hot soup to them, shocking!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Dublin-soup-run_zps44591cd8.jpg~original
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 07:46 am
@hingehead,
It was a rubbish post, hinge. That's why people ignore it.

If you get to decide what's "good" what's the use of elections or even debate? It's North Korea **** except for you being a non-entity. You'll be declaring us all "reactionary filth" next.

And it looks like we might be well advised to make sure you remain one.

When you do decide to join the debate just explain how all the conveniences of modern life, your own included, would have come about under the aegis of atheism. In the absence of all the churches in every village and town in Europe and most of the USA I mean.
0 Replies

panzade

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 08:23 am
@hingehead,
Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:39 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Where's the logic and reason in no electricity Wilso?

It's a twee little, somewhat feminine, affectation that you can have mains electricity without Christianity. Why do you continually ignore that fact?

I will ask the question once again. What the **** are you dribbling on about you ******* DIPSHIT?
0 Replies