panzade

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah edgar. There are 17,892 contradictions in the Bible and they gotta discuss them all....every single one of them on the Atheist thread. Laughing
coldjoint

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:46 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
There are 17,892 contradictions in the Bible

The Koran has that beat, deadbeat.
glitterbag

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 11:48 pm
@coldjoint,
So, magenta guy, how does the Book of Mormon fit in, please enlighten me regarding the Scientology 'belief system' and how it compares to other older religions like the Druids?
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:00 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So, magenta guy, how does the Book of Mormon fit in, please enlighten me regarding the Scientology 'belief system' and how it compares to other older religions like the Druids?

Who gives a good ****? Religion is here to stay and arguing about what is true or not is pointless. In fact the political bias here is ironic because you people swallow more lies than any of these believers.
hingehead

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:06 am
@coldjoint,
Do you like Ted Nugent, coldjoint?
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:11 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Do you like Ted Nugent, coldjoint?

Do you like the Pope?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:24 am
Do you like the Pope?

must be prayinghttp://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/bible.gif
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:59 am
@hingehead,
You nailed it. He worships the fecal encrusted underwear that Ted wore to the draft board. Huge personalities like Nugent and Coldjoint, will devotedly wear fecal matter for a week or more, especially if they think they have more to offer, than actually serving in a uniform for the country that protects them.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:01 am
I don't know the pope, do you? So far I'm happy with Pope Francis.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:29 am
Quote:
Glitterbag asked: how does the Book of Mormon fit in

Prophet Joseph "Dirty Harry" Smith who founded the mormons carried a gun and was killed in a shootout with the authorities, killing two of them in the process because they wanted to arrest him for having at least 35 wives.
The rest of the Mormons fled to Salt Lake City, led by Brigham Young (who had at least 55 wives).
I often wonder whether Smith used to drum up new members for the mormons by firing shots into peoples front gardens, then wave his gun in their faces when they came out and say "I know what you're thinking punk, did he fire all six or has he got one left.. now sign up on the dotted line and make my day.."
Incidentally Smith was a dead ringer for Elvis, i bet his wives found his pelvis irresistible..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JSmith.jpg

http://www.comevisit.com/lds/js3photo.htm
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:02 am
@glitterbag,
None of that has anything to do with you blowholes spewing ridiculous critiques of something you know nothing about.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:51 am
@coldjoint,
Thank you coldjoint, we were all soooooooo confused before you arrived with brilliant words of advice. Bravo. (Round of applause erupts spontaneously)
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Thank you coldjoint, we were all soooooooo confused

That is what is known as an understatement. Carry on.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Yes you are right as usual. We quiver in anticipation waiting for next pronouncement. We bow to you, our lamp of enlightenment. We sing your praises, we wave our fingers in the air with delight when you deign to favor us with your truth. Well, maybe not all of our fingers, but a few.

Things were so dull here before you arrived with your wizard like ability to correct those duller than thou. We raise our voices to glorify your immaculate sense of right and wrong. I have a neighbor who is very good at sniffing out sin, but she can't hold a candle to you. But when it comes to good humor, you are in a class of your own. I doubt anyone could be in your class. Thank you, thank you, thank you for quelling enjoyment for those you deem unworthy of enjoyment. We all understand, those without humor, find humor to be irritating. You would have been a great presence on SB, for thou art the biggest buzz kill with which I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You would have been a great presence on SB, for thou art the biggest buzz kill with which I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding.

Someone have a gun to your head? Bitching and moaning seems to be your forte. Enjoy.
Enaj

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Thanks for the reply, hope all is well with you.

First of all, no where in Luke 23 does it say "and then his body died." Same with Luke 24. I'll offer this verse....

1 Corinthians 15:1-58 ESV

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

Notice that it didn't say that only the body died, but that Christ died; that he was buried, not just the body, that he was raised on the third day,not only the body. Christ died, according to scripture, the whole person, and was in the tomb three day and then resurrected. No where does it say only the body died.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:44 pm
Quote:
Enaj said:@RF Christ died, according to scripture, the whole person, and was in the tomb three day and then resurrected. No where does it say only the body died.

Jesus said the to man on the cross next to him- "Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)
Then Jesus's body died- "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit" (Luke 23:46)
So when his body was then put in the tomb for 3 days his soul wasn't in it..Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm gone, rather late re waiting for the actual thread to show up.

May you thread fuckers roll yourselves into jellyroll blues and trip over symbols and feast on religion yearners.

I include newbies in this, who engage the assholes.

Please read the opening post.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:16 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
You would have been a great presence on SB, for thou art the biggest buzz kill with which I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding.

Someone have a gun to your head? Bitching and moaning seems to be your forte. Enjoy.

I had to explain to another poster a while ago, that this forum is open to everyone who wishes to post. If you are weak in the knees perhaps you might look for a more comfortable place to be. You should realize that as interesting as you think you are, all you are doing is fouling someone else's thoughtful question. (Sound familiar)

So, pitch a fit, dream up insults, but don't delude yourself. You might have been a big fish somewhere else, just not here. You like to ask, who cares except you (meaning me), well I don't care.....but it sure seems like you do.

The truth is, you didn't join to join a forum. You were looking for a place hoping to intimidate others. Try this, say something smart or wise, or just remain a smart or wise ass.
0 Replies

Enaj

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:16 pm
Since this is an Atheism thread, maybe this discussion with Romeo should be moved to a thread of it's own. What do you think Romeo?

Enaj