Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 02:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Like I said, "i can spot an atheist (or religious crackpot) within 5 minutes of meeting him/her, even if none of us are talking about religion!
It's hard to define but there's just something about them that gives them away"

It works the other way too, as atheists and crackpots can sense my immense spiritual power and begin to squirm and become uneasy..Smile

"Believe in God, the demons also believe and tremble" (James 2:19)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sexy-smileys-947.gif
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 03:00 pm
Cicerone said:
Quote:
Humans are war-mongers and natural beasts of war

Yes, the survival instinct is still in our DNA because without it the human race would have died out in caveman times.
But that doesn't make us animals, as nowadays we can switch off that instinct whenever we like.
"In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger!" Shakesp's Henry V

Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 03:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Cicerone said:
Quote:
Humans are war-mongers and natural beasts of war

Yes, the survival instinct is still in our DNA because without it the human race would have died out in caveman times.
But that doesn't make us animals, as nowadays we can switch off that instinct whenever we like.
"In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger" Shakesp's Henry V

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikynTH9oJg8&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

We ARE animals, Romeo...and many of us are also barbaric.

The evidence available seems to indicate that it is a lot easier to assert that we can turn off that "instinct"...than to actually turn it off.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 05:52 pm
Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
We ARE animals, Romeo...and many of us are also barbaric.
The evidence available seems to indicate that it is a lot easier to assert that we can turn off that "instinct"...than to actually turn it off

I was quite barbaric in my earlier years, culminating in a 3-month jail sentence in 2002 on a vigilante rap, but I'm a lot more mellow nowadays..Smile
For example when my miserable old bastard neighbour came hammering on my door a couple of years ago telling me to stop feeding the pigeons "because of the mess they make", my first instinct was to get a knife from my kitchen and stick it in him (I could feel the blood draining from my face in sheer fury, and my heart rate skyrocketed as the adrenalin kicked in), but within a few seconds I'd decided to OVER-RIDE those base instincts and humbly apologise to him, and he went away.
I still feed the pigeons but he hasn't been back, maybe he could sense he was within a whisker of dying that first time and doesn't want to push his luck..Wink

PS- Here's where I was a "guest" for 3 months, and now when I see films like Shawshank Redemption, Escape from Alcatraz and Macbeth, I can smugly boast to myself thinking "been there, done that"..Smile
"The raven himself is hoarse that croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan beneath my battlements!"- Lady Macbeth
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jailhouse.jpg
neologist

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 07:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .I still feed the pigeons but he hasn't been back, maybe he could sense he was within a whisker of dying that first time and doesn't want to push his luck..Wink
I guess you're a real tough customer, Romeo. I'm sure glad you haven't started slapping us around yet . .. . Mr. Green
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 08:48 pm
Neologist said:
Quote:
I guess you're a real tough customer, Romeo. I'm sure glad you haven't started slapping us around yet

Yes, I'm a hard man alright, for examp when I was released from jail i was homeless, jobless, lady-friendless, near-penniless and living rough in a remote wood shivering with near-hypothermia with a wonky thyroid, but not for an instant was i downhearted because i was too busy laughing at myself!
"Oh great" I thought, "I've ended up as Bigfoot"..Smile

But I soon got out and up thanks to my superhuman survival instincts, it's a gift all we holy men have-
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want"- (Philippians 4:12)

PS- Hey campers and survivalists, don't spend a fortune on a fancy tent that's heavy and takes ages to set up, get a simple little single-skin like mine (below), it's a Texsport Trail Tent.
Remember, a tents job is NOT to keep you warm, it's to keep the rain off.
It's your SLEEPING BAGS job to keep you warm..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/texsportTrailTent1.jpg

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:31 pm
Drat, I accidentally deleted Walken from my stunning post on page 350 so here he is again in an analogy of God being like a bullet in a gun, and atheists saying "I'm not worried about pulling the trigger, there's probably no God"..Smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/9595/tfa5.jpg
neologist

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 12:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .my stunning post . . .
Stunning is a good word
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 01:29 am
Me in my new replica Waffen-SS camo jacket bought for 30 GB pounds (45 US dollars) a couple of months ago. It didn't last long though, I decided the pattern was too bold so I tried to fade it by leaving the jacket soaking overnight in a bowl of concentrated bleach, but next morning it disintegrated into pieces in my hands as if it was tissue paper, so I had to dump it (sniffle)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ss-dot4_zps2c47ed98.jpg~originalhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ss-dot1_zps8cb217bc.jpg~originalhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ss-dot3_zps104dbfa8.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:11 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
We can't see ya. You're in camouflage.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:39 am
Thomas Jefferson, in a letter from Paris to a friend,--

Quote:
If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Govenors, shall all become wolves.

How can we be attentive when we don't know what's going on and a man has to risk his freedom to let us know.

It does seem to be a very important aspect of public affairs that our communications are routinely intercepted by the billion and stored for future use.

If it is said that Mr Jefferson lived in a bygone age and has no relevance now then it ought to be at least considered that everything else he said falls under the same provenance.

Taking him at his word, it would seem that he would have thought that the hounding of Mr Snowden was the policy of those who seek to rule as wolves might.

Although it is quite possible that members of hoi polloi who claque along with the hounding are merely seeking to be awarded gold stars by the authorities so that, if the **** hits the fan, they will be rewarded by positions in the new state that emerges for being so very, very good and all.

That being a particularly important consideration for Media franchises and what not besides it being so for individuals.
spendius

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:45 am
@spendius,
Mr Jefferson also said that--

Quote:
. . . .honest republican governments should be so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much.
neologist

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yes. you are a farce to be reckoned with, Romeo.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 10:47 am
@spendius,
I'm sorry about those two posts. They were meant for the Snowden thread.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 02:40 pm
Apparently this thread has become fly paper for self-aggrandising freaks.
Romeo Fabulini

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:15 pm
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
Yes. you are a farce to be reckoned with, Romeo

You JW's sit out wars mate, but you sure like fighting in here..Wink
Okay I'm happy to deck you again, listen to this-

That's the sound of the wind whistling through your cold bare houses at Christmas, Easter and birthdays..Smile
WIKI- "Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter, nor do they observe birthdays, nationalistic holidays, or other celebrations they consider to honor people other than Jesus. They feel that these and many other customs have pagan origins"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses
spendius

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:19 pm
@hingehead,
What's your objection to that hinge? Is it that you don't consider yourself a self-aggrandising freak

Well--you wouldn't would you?

Are you starting a purge on the strength of it?

These Liberals eh?? They are aching to be moderators.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 06:49 pm
@hingehead,
The monkeys took over the zoo.
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 07:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
Yes. you are a farce to be reckoned with, Romeo
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
You JW's sit out wars mate, but you sure like fighting in here..Wink
Okay I'm happy to deck you again, listen to this- . . . . . . . . .That's the sound of the wind whistling through your cold bare houses at Christmas, Easter and birthdays..Smile
WIKI- "Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter, nor do they observe birthdays, nationalistic holidays, or other celebrations they consider to honor people other than Jesus. They feel that these and many other customs have pagan origins"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses
Could have sworn that was the sound of another Romeo whiff. I won't go into the scriptural reasons for not celebrating as you have already shown a disdain for scriptural reasoning. But I invite you to quiz my grandsons vis a vis their heartbreaking stories of deprived holiday joy.
They might tell you that school christmas vacation is a good time to holiday on the Oregon Coast or that Easter is the day all the JWs and Jews get to go the movies. Or that, in our family, they get to go to gun shows to see all the cool stuff they can get to use when they and the folks go fishing and camping. What a hard life, I tell you.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 10:04 pm
Neologist pouted:
Quote:
I won't go into the scriptural reasons for not celebrating as you have already shown a disdain for scriptural reasoning

Still looking for a fight mate? Okay stick out yer chin..Smile-
You JW-cultists have extracted assorted bits from the Old T and cobbled them together to create a lumbering, creaking Frankenstein-monster of a belief system like all cults do, so that you can sit back thinking "we know more than all the other poor dumb slobs out there", it's a vanity thing plain and simple. Learn-
"If anyone preaches a perverted gospel they're accursed" (Gal 1:6-9)
"Ignorant people distort things,to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)

so that makes JW's a bunch of ignorant spiritual perverts..Smile

How did you become a JW anyway? Did you suddenly wake up one morning and think "I don't believe in blood transfusions and i don't believe in celebrating christmas, easter and birthdays, so i think i'll join the JW's"?
If I ever wake up thinking that, i hope somebody'll measure me up for a straitjacket real quick..Wink
My only beef with allegedly "christian" cults like the JW's is that they get Jesus a bad name, so that makes them Satanic to the core.
As I've said before mate, do yourself a favour and free yourself from the JW's clutches - "and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)

Remember, Jesus saves, NOT the JW's or any other oddball cult,- Jesus said "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10),
right Oddball?

"Yeah right baby"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/vibes.jpg~original