Thomas

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:15 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Oh, but they do! Don't ever fear religion will disappear any time soon. Humans are hooked.

Have you considered that there is a reason for that?

I'm not CI, but I'm certain there is a reason for that. There also is a reason that humans get hooked on writing silly chain letters and responding to them. Or that humans get hooked on heroin. I don't think we disagree on this point at all---unless you were to jump to the conclusion that because humans get hooked on it, it's got to be good.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:16 pm
@farmerman,
No. That's no good fm. If you allow anybody to knock on your door as they think fit you will get what you get.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:18 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
I'd love for this thread to return to it's original purpose.
Do you mean snickering like little school girls behind the toilet block about how stupid Theists are ? What good would come of that ? More arrogance from fools who dont realise the contradiction in being described as an Atheist. I have asked them to prove there is no God. They cant. If they had half a brain they would admit to being Agnostic. No-one can prove there is a God. No-one can prove there isnt, but it is impossible to prove a negative. Still they call themselves Atheists.
edgarblythe

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:22 pm
As I have said many times, the religious have to stop in to police the atheists. They couldn't stand it if we had a good time on here.
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:26 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Do you mean snickering like little school girls behind the toilet block about how stupid Theists are ?

No, that isn't what I meant.
I meant I'd like to see the thread return to the purpose for which is was intended. Simple as that.
Obviously a notion like aesthetics talking to atheists about atheism appears to be too threatening for some.

0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:27 pm
@Ionus,
Are you just constantly angry IANUS, if some folk want to believe in god and some folk don't, what's it to you, IANUS. What are you getting so worked up about. IANUS.
farmerman

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:27 pm
@Ionus,
I think you are really overthinking this thread. The use of parallels and substitute concepts , while a nice try, falls on ears that say"SO WHAT?"

You have a path that you are comfortable following. Others have similar ones that dont coincide with yours, why try the missionary stomp on us animists?
You will never convince people who are used to evidence to reach their conclusions. You seem to insist that evidence neednt be payed any attention to , just "go with yer gut and believe in the big Kahoona in the sky ". AS a matter of fact, even my gut likes evidence. SO far, you , spendi and Intrepid have engaged in phrases arrived at by rote yet are totally free of anything concrete or even compelling as debate. WHere are ya going from here? will you cede back this thread to the people whove been interested in it on its original stated purpose and I, at least, wont follow you around anywhere ifyou wish to engage elsewhere in discussions with folks similarly convinced as you?
edgarblythe

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:34 pm
lonus and spendi have a single goal. To disrupt the thread. It isn't even about belief versus non belief anymore. They know they aren't able to touch us and it makes them feel threatened, left out, even. They want to hurt us because we have rejected their crap and trollish attitudes. It will continue like this for as long as they get replies.
Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
They couldn't stand it if we had a good time on here.
The KKK think they have a good time too doing much the same....telling jokes and hoping one day to be brave enough to push someone around when they dont have a crowd to back them up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
It will continue like this for as long as they get replies.

Let me emphasize this.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:40 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Are you just constantly angry IANUS, if some folk want to believe in god and some folk don't, what's it to you, IANUS. What are you getting so worked up about. IANUS.
Very Happy I am very impressed with your literary efforts ! Those night classes are really working. Are they a follow on from gaol ?

There was no discussion when I showed up. Just attempts to justify a false believe but ridicule and sneering sarcasm. I would do the same at a KKK rally. Fools and bigots are best met head on. They are cowards.
eurocelticyankee

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:44 pm
@Ionus,
Here you poor man, listen to this and chill, it might save you from that inevitable tightening in the chest.
Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:50 pm
@farmerman,
I dont want anyone to believe "in the big Kahoona in the sky". I have a lot of knowledge of the history of religion and that is how religious people are best delt with.....honest evidence, usually historical in nature. This thread had people feeling arrogant and righteous by putting other people down. If there was a religious thread doing that, I would be there too.

I hate extremists and there seems to be some assumption that if you claim to be Atheists (despite the impossibilty of proving God does not exist) then you must be a lovely person with no personality defects. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some of these clowns would be unsuccessful in most measures of personality strength, just like a lot of religious nuts. I fight where I see stupidity.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
They want to hurt us
Rolling Eyes Really ? Are you a poor poor victim ?

Quote:
we have rejected their crap and trollish attitudes.
Very Happy A2K definition of troll (n) - someone who has the audacity, the nerve, the sheer stupidity to disagree.
Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:54 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Thank you for your kind thoughts.
0 Replies

failures art

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:59 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

So after we finish saving everything to the point where evolution is stymied because we wont let things become extinct, what is your hope then ?

Excellent statement to demonstrate your poor understanding of evolution. "Stymied"... priceless.

Ionus wrote:

That the earth wont end in a fireball of the sun's making ?

Most certainly a fireball like that would destroy the earth. Not a matter of hope. If the knowledge that such a catastrophe is possible wipes out your hope, you probably didn't have hope to begin with, or more likely, you're eager to make excuses.

Ionus wrote:

That the second coming will save everyone....ooppss.....you arent like me are you....I dont know if there is or isnt a God. You believe there definitely isnt a God......maybe you hope that aliens will save us....a sort of poor man's science God.

We save ourselves or we don't. That's it. That's all. Those that quit fighting and wait for a god or an alien or a unicorn to save them don't have more hope, they have less. They are the quitters.

A
R
T
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:02 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
A2K definition of troll (n) - someone who has the audacity, the nerve, the sheer stupidity to disagree.

No, that is what you choose to believe.
It's methods employed to disagree (and also disrupt) which define trolling activity.
Thomas

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:09 pm
@msolga,
Alternative definition: A troll is a someone who makes good people disrupt threads. No troll ever disrupted a thread by him- or herself. It's only because they push good people's buttons, and because good people let trolls provoke them into responding, that threads get disrupted---by the good people.

Yes, that means you, Olga and Farmerman. [hairy eyeball]
Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:12 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
Excellent statement to demonstrate your poor understanding of evolution
You have based this on.....
Quote:
Most certainly a fireball like that would destroy the earth.
You do know the earth has a life dont you and no matter how many species you save they will all perish when the world ends in a billion years time.....or sooner, but definitely it will end.
Quote:
We save ourselves or we don't.
Is this a wild guess or do you have something in mind ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:16 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
No, that is what you choose to believe.
Even if I chose to believe what someone else believed, it would still be my belief. Are my beliefs bad by themselves ?
Quote:
It's methods employed to disagree (and also disrupt) which define trolling activity.
And if you have been a member for years there is nothing you can do that warrants being called a troll. You can be abusive and none of the other regulars will say anything bad. As soon as someone else defends themselves, they are a troll. Very convenient inbred organisation you have here.
0 Replies