Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:18 pm
@Thomas,
Well of course all the regulars are good people. This has been carefully examined by the regulars and found to be factual. Anyone disagreeing is clearly a troll.
0 Replies

msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:20 pm
@Thomas,
Well that's your definition, Thomas.
And that's fine.
You're welcome to it.
But (as a rule) I don't become involved in commenting until the deliberately disruptive digressions have gone way "too far" & have (imo) made it almost impossible for the thread to function as intended. (there have been a few such threads.)
At that point I feel perfectly entitled to say something (often having ignored/scrolled over page after page after page of idiocy, aggression, insults or whatever ...)
I also don't make it a habit in engaging in a prolonged tit-for-tat exchange at this point, for obvious reasons.
If you don't like that, too bad.
Thomas

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:21 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Indeed. Smile
Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:22 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
But (as a rule) I don't become involved in commenting until the deliberately disruptive digressions have gone way "too far" & have (imo) made it almost impossible for the thread to function as intended. (there have been a few such threads.)
At that point I feel perfectly entitled to say something (often having ignored/scrolled over page after page after page of idiocy, aggression, insults or whatever ...)

Yeah? Well i don't like it either, because you're feeding the troll and you're just making the situation worse. Your response is just what he wants, and that's one of the reasons he keeps coming back, and that's why Thomas hit the nail on the head.
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:22 pm
@Thomas,
Yup. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:23 pm
By the way, Miss Olga, the self-righteous tone of your response ought to embarrass you. Really, get a grip.
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:24 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Your response is just what he wants, and that's one of the reasons he keeps coming back..

I would argue that he was "coming back" well before I came along, Setanta.
And that the thread was well & truly off the rails by that point.
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:26 pm
@Setanta,
I am not remotely embarrassed.
And I have a grip.
Are you finished commenting about me now?
Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:27 pm
@msolga,
That doesn't alter the fact that your responses just encourage the trolls further. I once, recently, convinced FM to stop responding to the trolls, which he did--all too briefly--and their participation dropped off dramatically right away. Eventually, they have only one another to respond to and that palls on them after a while.

But when they can get a rise out of anyone here, especially a response in which the member appears to have responded emotionally (such as righteious indignation), then they're off an running for pages.

YOU are responsible for their trolling whenever you respond to them.
Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:28 pm
@Setanta,
Look **** for brains, you were quite happy to disrupt any and every thread attacking me, but you tired before i did. Now you claim the moral high ground by saying it is all my fault and those who wish to discuss with me ? You are unbelievably self-centred and stupid. What about that thread where you told someone they were stupid because they didnt speak English ? I would really like to see what you would say to my face, but that is not the way of racist cowards is it ? Thank God you have a dog that respects you because you can open a can. You know that if you lose both thumbs the dog is walking, dont you ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:28 pm
@msolga,
No, i'm not finished, and i won't be finished for so long as you feed the trolls who gleefully trash this thread. You're just as much a disruption as they are.
Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:29 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
YOU are responsible for their trolling whenever you respond to them.
And who is responsible for you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:31 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, i'm not finished, and i won't be finished for so long as you feed the trolls who gleefully trash this thread. You're just as much a disruption as they are.
To insist he is right he further damages the thread. What a **** for brains.
0 Replies

Thomas

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:34 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
And that the thread was well & truly off the rails by that point.

That doesn't change the consequence of what you do though: The thread gets derailed even further, and it's even harder to get it back on track. Are you sure this is a consequence you want?
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:35 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta, I have said everything I want to say about this.
Actually I had done so a while ago.
You are prolonging this digression far longer than I want nor care to participate in it.
Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:37 pm
@msolga,
Good. The sooner you stop feeding the trolls, the better.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:39 pm
What exactly is the thread, sorry, was the thread?.
All I can see is who can hurl the most abuse and contempt.?
Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:40 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
It was intended to be a place for atheists to discuss the experience of being an atheist. And you are part of the problem, too, Boss, when you respond to the trolls.
eurocelticyankee

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:44 pm
@Setanta,
OK. Question. Is it wrong for an atheist to despise religion. Is it wrong not to be neutral.
msolga

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:45 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, my intention was to try to get the thread back on track, for what that's worth.
But you see things differently to how I do, obviously.
And you might be right.
Maybe I've created yet another diversion to the one which already existed.
(actually I don't know what exactly would have gotten it back on track at that point, but anyway ...)
But I hear what you are saying & you are perfectly entitled to hold that view.
But for my part, I'd rather not continue with this, as I suspect we could go around & around in circles, creating even further diversion.
And besides, I've said all I want to say. I had quite a while ago, actually ...