BBB is in the hospital

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:36 am
Need some of the good A2K ohmming for BBB. Just got back from the hospital and need you guys to send some good vibes in the direction of BBB please.

As you all know she's been having lots of medical problems the last 6 months and has been immobile for most of that time. After receiving cortisone injections in most of her joints on the right side and her spine, she was in less pain and was able to begin physical therapy last Tuesday to try and regain some of her muscles that atrophied.

After the physical therapy session in the morning, around 4 pm she started having severe pains in her ribs and thought she might of torn a muscle or cracked a rib. The pain wasn't as severe on Thursday so I took her to her next PT appointment. The severe pain in the ribs came back and the tech suggested she get an x-ray to see if anything is broken.

Friday morning she was seen by Urgent Care at the local clinic. They did an x-ray and found fluid in her lung and diagnosed her with pneumonia. The doc asked if she'd been sick recently and BBB had not had any symptoms at all. Luckily the doctor was proactive and thought further on what the causes might be for fluid being in her lungs and had the Rio Rancho clinic send a tech over with Doppler to check for blood clots.

As soon as the test was over the doc called an ambulance and sent BBB to emergency at Presbyterian because she has massive blood clots from her hip all the way down to her ankle in her right leg where the knee prostheses is located. They took a cat scan and discovered that one of the clots had migrated to her lungs and that is what was causing her rib pain and the fluid to accumulate in her lungs.

They monitored her for 12 hours in emergency and then admitted her to the hospital where she'll be for at least 3 or 4 days. She's receiving injections for immediate blood thinning and is also being put on coumadin (the same stuff Dys and Farmerman were on). The coumadin won't take effect for 3 or 4 days so they want to keep her in the hospital and give injections until the coumadin levels are correct. She's also on morphine to try and block the severe pain she still has in her ribs. Doc says the clot is acting like an inflamed pimple on the lining of her lungs and is probably rubbing up against her ribs when she breathes.

They don't think she'll need any filters installed into her veins to keep the clots from going to her heart or brain. They're monitoring her for that too.

The strange thing is that she had very thorough Doppler scans done on the veins in both her legs just two months ago for another medical problem and nothing showed up then. So, these clots have formed just in the last 2 months. Emergency room doc says it was probably due to her long-term immobility the last 6 months.

She's rather depressed about things so your ohmming will definitely do her some good.

I'll know more when I go back to the hospital in the morning and will give updates when I can. If anyone local wants to call or visit let me know and I'll give you her room number.

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:44 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet, I'm so sorry to hear this! Not that long ago BBB was doing so well & sounded so pleased with herself.
Yes, I'll definitely be be Ommmmmmmmmmming ..... strenuously!
Get well soon, BBB!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:45 am
@Butrflynet,
Oh Butrflynet - ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming in the UK.

So very sorry this is happening after having done so well recently.

Please do send my love and best healing wishes and keep us posted. Hope you are holding up too girl.... strength to you, both you

(((((((((BBB 'n 'Net))))))))))
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:46 am
@Butrflynet,
((BBB))
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:49 am
@Butrflynet,
Sending good thoughts her way.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:52 am
@Butrflynet,
She's very lucky to have such competent and alert doctors to have caught the blood clots.

Here's for a quick and safe recovery.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:59 am
@tsarstepan,
Best wishes for a quick recovery from downunder BBB.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 02:21 am
Awwwww. Things just keep happening, don't they? Tell her Roger is pulling for her.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 02:34 am
Muy sunflowers for BBB.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 04:45 am
@Butrflynet,
MAJOR BIG TIME OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM. I suppose that her coumadin <although not fully pro-timed is acting in its full fashion. If shes kinda quiet , she can stand to ahve a heaviwr dose for a wee bit of time.(Im assuming they probably started her off at 5mg pr day)

((((((((((((((((((((Big one for BBB))))))))))))))))))))))

She will now be part of the "Brotherhood of the clot buster"
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 05:10 am
@Butrflynet,
Best wishes and prayers for a quick and complete recovery for BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 05:49 am
oh god.
I am reallllly glad they found that now.

Big hugs.. and lets hope things go well.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 06:10 am
Putting my hoper into high gear for BBB's full recovery.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 06:24 am

sending the ultra-potent Bahstin vibes to BBB...
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 06:43 am
Wow. Really glad her Doctors were on the ball.

Ommming from the chilly north.

(Take care of yourself too Butterflynet.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 07:19 am
Ohhmmmms, prayers and love.

How are you holding up, BFN?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 07:27 am
Ohmmmmmmming here in Chicago. Get well soon, BBB.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 07:37 am
Oh my goodness. Begone o clots, begone with you.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:12 am
I'm send BBB Good Vibration ala The Beach Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc&feature=related
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:15 am
sending good thoughts to the bumblebee and the butterfly
0 Replies