2009 WORLD SERIES. PHILLIES v YANKEES

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 05:44 am
The original claim (farmerman) was that the NY bullpen was too weak for the Yanks to win. Aside from anything else, did anybody else notice the job which Marte did on the Philly left handers in the seventh and eighth?
djjd62

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 06:28 am
good things, bad things about the world series

bad thing - yankees won

good thing - it's all over, for awhile anyway

bad thing - john stirling didn't suffer a heart attack doing that annoying, yankees win ****

good thing - he survives to allow opie and anthony to mock him for said yankee thing and his douchey yankee nick names
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 06:57 am
@djjd62,
Am I bitter? hell no. As a Philly fan, Ive been given an autumn to remember. Not only has nature provided me with a Fall of exceptionally brilliant colrs as Ive hiked the Appalachian region, Ive also been given an opportunity to see Autumn extended into a cyclical occurence that included my Phillies and the dreaded (and admired) New York Yankees. Since I was a kid, my dream ws to have the Phillies play the YAnkees in the big show, as my dad told me happened on the year of my birth. Iwas a child concieved for the adoration of "The WIZ KIDS". Ive seen my dream fulfilled for this year and , no matter the outcome, my Phillies have given me the most enjoyable summer ever. Replete with all the heartbreak and revelry associated with a team that has taken the summer of 2009 and extended it into natures most colorful months of September and October.

I saw my wife, usually taciturn about the Phillies, suddenly burst forth with her admiration of Cliff Lee and Chase Utley. She became another broad from South STreet who was dispensing recently acquired knowledge equal to that of Charlie MAnuel.
NOPE, Im not bitter, Im saddened we didnt win, but Im satisfied for a season well lived and, I can say, as it turns out that Matsui gets traded to Seattle, "YOU WAIT till nxt year, Phillies just need somemore pitching and well be back"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 08:53 am
@gungasnake,
Your ability in reading comprehension is as abad as your understanding of applied science (and any science for that point). Heres what I actually said ,
Quote:
If the first game is any indicator, the Phillies seem to be hot and the YAnkees seem to suffer from a weak bullpen.

How do you get a claim out of that, I was actually posing a possible scenario.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 08:43 pm
Quote from a news source:

Times have not changed that much, since the Yankees won the first of their World Series championships after paying the Red Sox the considerable sum of $100,000 and sending several players to Boston for the services of Babe Ruth.

0 Replies