Obama the Clinical Narcissist

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:08 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
In my opinion, the idea that Obama is worshipped is found in extreme-right propaganda, not in the expression of actual Obama supporters.

I'm not so sure about that-- I'd say the worship goes into the issue of style and worship with Liberal leaning magazines -- Vogue, Vanity Fair, Huffington Post.

Maybe Afghanistan is going to be for Obama what Vietnam was for Johnson. I mean, Obama is "carefully considering adding more troops", which I interpret as: "You want to pass your initiatives then you better give us our war..." I hope I'm wrong.

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:16 pm
@Gala,
Quote:
I'd say the worship goes into the issue of style and worship with Liberal leaning magazines -- Vogue, Vanity Fair, Huffington Post.

Bullshit...er... I mean (ummm) could you please give some examples

I read the Huffington Post. They are often quite critical of Obama-- for example on Health Reform and DOMA.

I think you are confusing these with the Conservative leaning magazines (who do, in fact, have a cult-like response to anything Obama).
engineer

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:32 pm
@Gala,
Just as a sanity check, this is the leading editorial on Huff Post today: Barack Obama Is Doing My Job; Why America Needs Him to Do His. If this is coming from his worshipers I hate to see what is coming from his detractors. Oh, wait... I have seen what's coming from his detractors. Yeah, this guy's got it easy.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

You don't pay attention to what's going on then.

I don't suppose you could provide actual examples?

Cycloptichorn

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:44 pm
@engineer,
It is no use engineer... it seems like Gala has already swallowed the sweet Kool aid of Obama hatred.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:55 pm
@McGentrix,
Dude, nobody is worshiping Obama in that clip. Why did you even post that?

My guess is, a lack of ACTUAL examples is why you posted it.

Cycloptichorn
McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

You don't pay attention to what's going on then.

I don't suppose you could provide actual examples?

Cycloptichorn

ebrown p wrote:

It is no use engineer... it seems like Gala has already swallowed the sweet Kool aid of Obama hatred.

Or any other of ebrown p's posts really. Most of yours as well.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The stupid thing about McGentrix's "example" was that this was actually one of the examples we were talking about... people getting out ahead of Obama and pushing him away from the center.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:01 pm
@McGentrix,
Ridiculous, I might as well say that you worshiped Bush, because the vast majority of your posts including him were positive ones.

The truth is that the 'cult' meme was started by your side in order to rob legitimacy from us who genuinely like and agree with the guy. It seeks to paint people as unreasonable, when in fact our positions are quite reasonable.

I think that, as was stated earlier, there's more evidence of a cult of Negativity towards Obama coming from your side of the fence, bro.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

@Cycloptichorn,
Did you watch the video with the sound on? If you did you wouldn't say such nonsense.
Cycloptichorn

@McGentrix,
I did, and they weren't worshiping Obama. It's a ridiculous comment on your part.

Cycloptichorn
McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I did, and they weren't worshiping Obama. It's a ridiculous comment on your part.

Cycloptichorn

What does the following mean to you?

Quote:
“HEAR OUR CRY, OBAMA!”

“DELIVER US, OBAMA!”
DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:48 pm
@McGentrix,
There are a few flaws to your logic:

1. Requests for intervention aren't the same as worship.
2. Borrowing the language from church is not the same as transferring worship from the church to an individual.
3. A single anecdotal piece of evidence is not compelling. It's like holding up John Hinkley as an example of how everyone hated Reagan; it just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Get a grip. Obama passes gas just like the rest of us.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:53 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Get a grip. Obama passes gas just like the rest of us.

Speak for yourself, I only fart noble gases.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:55 pm
@DrewDad,
So, what, according to your logic, would be Obama worship? Do they need an altar with candles and a picture of Obama while wearing cloaks and on their knees praying? That would seem to be a rather narrow sighted perspective and assuredly hard to find evidence of.

I guess my definition would be a bit broader. But, it's out there and denying it doesn't make it go away.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:58 pm
@McGentrix,
I'm saying that every celebrity has his or her fans. "Fan" comes from "fanatic".

Even if he has some fans, people aren't worshiping Him.

Not too long ago, you were a fan of Bush. You wouldn't hear a word against him without jumping to his defense. You might try contrasting that behavior with the Obama supporters on this board and think, "who is more fanatical?"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 02:02 pm
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

And where do you think Bush 2 will end up on this list?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of Warren G. Harding. Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 02:34 pm
@ebrown p,
What's with the hostile knee-jerk reaction?

I'm talking about the Style section of Huffington Post, that part is worshipful. Vogue had Michelle Obama on the cover, Vanity Fair pretty much had their love-fest in February...

I'm actually on the fence about how he's doing as president. It's hard to know if he's strong or not.

The conservatives loathe him, which has given rise to all the ridiculous Tea Parties.

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 02:37 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:

Lighten up, I voted for him and was an early supporter-- nonetheless, as you've seemed to exhibited here, the man does not walk on water. So touchy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 02:38 pm
@Gala,
She's on the cover because people are interested in her, not because of some love affair they have for her.

She sells magazines. If the Octomom sold more magazines, she'd be on all the covers.