Obama the Clinical Narcissist

wandeljw

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 05:49 am
@Gala,
I am also unable to see that Obama has "stoked" any worship. Your evidence is not convincing.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 05:59 am
@Gala,
Quote:

You can't seem to see the nature of the worship is far different from previous presidents.

Nope. It is basically the same-- certainly no different that Saint Ronald, or JFK.

The obsession is all yours.
djjd62

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 06:12 am
@ebrown p,
it's interesting that in GW's presidency the worship skipped to Cheney

there are posters here who adore that scumbag, ummm, person

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 06:18 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

it's interesting that in GW's presidency the worship skipped to Cheney

there are posters here who adore that scumbag, ummm, person

Really? Who would they be?
Gala

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 06:20 am
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Nope. It is basically the same-- certainly no different that Saint Ronald, or JFK.

Maybe JFK, but not Reagan. His worship came from older people.

What are you talking about, the obsession is all mine?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 06:20 am
@djjd62,
I was always impressed when Bush talked while Cheney drank a glass of water.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 06:28 am
@McGentrix,
omsigdavid practically orgasms when he mentions cheney's name

others (and i'm not going to search back to see who, sorry) have berated me more for disparaging cheney then they ever did when i said the same about bush
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:21 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

The issue with your proof of hypocrisy is that I did not suggest that it was Obama's fault or try to attribute anything to Obama. I said that there were people that worshipped Obama. Go back and reread the posts Joe. His being a narcissist is something you will have to take up with the author of the thread, not me.

Fair enough. But then so what if there are people who worship Obama? There are people who worship Reagan. There are probably people who still worship GWBush. That doesn't say anything about Obama or Reagan or Bush.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:26 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

The issue with your proof of hypocrisy is that I did not suggest that it was Obama's fault or try to attribute anything to Obama. I said that there were people that worshipped Obama. Go back and reread the posts Joe. His being a narcissist is something you will have to take up with the author of the thread, not me.

Fair enough. But then so what if there are people who worship Obama? There are people who worship Reagan. There are probably people who still worship GWBush. That doesn't say anything about Obama or Reagan or Bush.

Then you agree with me and there is no point in your trying to "show my hypocrisy".

We are not, however, discussing Reagan, or Bush. We are discussing Obama and when someone mentioned they did not see the Obama worship, I disagreed and discussed why.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:37 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Then you agree with me and there is no point in your trying to "show my hypocrisy".

Let's not be too hasty.

McGentrix wrote:
We are not, however, discussing Reagan, or Bush. We are discussing Obama and when someone mentioned they did not see the Obama worship, I disagreed and discussed why.

Then explain this quotation:

McGentrix wrote:
Obama is hardly in the same category of President as Reagan yet.

Did you mean that Obama is hardly in the same category of hero worship as Reagan? If that's the case, then I agree with you. If not, then you'll have to explain that remark further.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:44 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Let's not be too hasty.

My point is that that there are people the do actually worship Obama (not in the god sense, but in the he can do no wrong sense) and you have agreed with me that they exist so lets do be hasty.

Quote:
McGentrix wrote:

Then explain this quotation:

McGentrix wrote:
Obama is hardly in the same category of President as Reagan yet.

Did you mean that Obama is hardly in the same category of hero worship as Reagan? If that's the case, then I agree with you. If not, then you'll have to explain that remark further.

You brought up Reagan. Obama has not really accomplished much yet. He has started some stuff, but after a year in office with nothing under his belt, his accomplishments have not yet achieved those of Reagan while he was in office. Give Obama a chance to actually prove himself before comparing him with Reagan.

So, I meant that Obama has not reached the same level of accomplishment that Reagan did during his 8 years in office in only a single year. Despite the hero worship thrust upon him.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:17 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
You brought up Reagan. Obama has not really accomplished much yet. He has started some stuff, but after a year in office with nothing under his belt, his accomplishments have not yet achieved those of Reagan while he was in office. Give Obama a chance to actually prove himself before comparing him with Reagan.

I never compared Obama to Reagan. I compared Obama worship to Reagan worship. Would you care to address that?
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:21 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I never compared Obama to Reagan. I compared Obama worship to Reagan worship. Would you care to address that?

Not really. It's enough that you agree with me already.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:33 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
My point is that that there are people the do actually worship Obama (not in the god sense, but in the he can do no wrong sense)

And our point is, so what? Every celebrity has these people. Every politician has these people.

This tells us nothing about Obama. It tells us nothing new about the world, or the United States. It's nothing but gossip, trivia, grousing, and a red herring.
ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:38 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
My point is that that there are people the do actually worship Obama (not in the god sense, but in the he can do no wrong sense)

I am pretty sure I am closer to Obama supporters than you are. I don't know anyone who thinks Obama can do no wrong-- many of us are upset with him for specific things we believe he is doing wrong.

This is a strawman.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:42 am
@ebrown p,
More of an ad hominem, I'd think.

I'm sure there's someone who thinks Obama can do no wrong.

Quote:
There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it. . . . To prove a point one may seek out a foolish Communist, 13th century Liberal, Scientologist, High Frontier advocate, Mensa member, science fiction fan, Jim Bakker acolyte, Christian, or fanatical devotee of Special Interest Lib; but that doesn't really reflect on the cause itself. Ad hominem argument saves time, but it's still a fallacy.
Larry Niven, N-Space (1990)
"Niven's Laws"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:44 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

I am pretty sure I am closer to Obama supporters than you are. I don't know anyone who thinks Obama can do no wrong-- many of us are upset with him for specific things we believe he is doing wrong.

This is a strawman.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I don't expect much from you ebrown, but at least follow the flow of the conversation.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:54 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Indeed, it's always refreshing when a conservative admits that Obama worship is no different from Reagan worship. I'm glad we can agree on that.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 10:00 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Indeed, it's always refreshing when a conservative admits that Obama worship is no different from Reagan worship. I'm glad we can agree on that.

Perhaps now you can demonstrate ebrown p's hypocrisy...
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 10:13 am
Quote:
Perhaps now you can demonstrate ebrown p's hypocrisy...

I read all through these posts, I don't see any hypocrisy from ebrown. Perhaps you can copy and paste the relevant post with an explanation of why you think it is hypocrisy from ebrown.

As for the subject matter, typical. Sure there are some hero worship, mainly coming from African Americans who are understandably proud that one of their own actually is the President of the United States. But by and large, ebrown is right, on a lot of issues, Obama has been willing compromise whereas the leadership in the democratic congress have not (the public option being on example), nor has a lot of leftist pundits on TV or in the press or Internet blogs. There has been a lot of complaints about the torture related issues and a lot of complaints from the left concerning Afghanistan. And he has been getting pressure from leftist on gay rights issues such as "don't ask, don't tell" and what not.

Defending Obama from a lot of misinformation or distortions from the right is not the same as agreeing with everything the man says or does, although I do agree with a lot of Obama's agenda or else i wouldn't have voted for him and I do think he is a very motivational stirring speaking on issues which have not expressed well in the past like racial issues and nuclear disarment and trying to use more diplomatic alternative methods for troubled nations and states rather than a "you are either with us or against" kind of attitude.
0 Replies