What is one mistake your parents made that you struggle to forgive?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:22 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

But, Jane, the intention is to ruin the thread.
Olga, that is false.

WHAT motive do u believe that I have to ruin your thread
about mistakes in parenting ???

David
msolga

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Speaking of trolls ...... Wink
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:26 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
Best to just ignore the long silly posts, one after the another.
Olga, are u telling us to keep our posts SHORT ?

David
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry, David, I have absolutely no intention of discussing your motives about anything on this thread. Start a thread about "you", if you like & I'll consider it, if I'm in the mood. Wink
In the meantime, next time there's a whole string of irrelevant (to the thread topic) posts from you, I'm just going to automatically give em a thumbs down, without reading them. Not going to waste my time. If it looks like you've actually got something relevant to say & you're not playing games, I'll happily respond.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:48 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
In the meantime, next time there's a whole string of irrelevant (to the thread topic) posts from you, I'm just going to automatically give em a thumbs down, without reading them. Not going to waste my time. If it looks like you've actually got something relevant to say & you're not playing games, I'll happily respond.

A much more sensible approach then playing the motive/blame game. Thank you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:54 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Sorry, David, I have absolutely no intention of discussing your motives about anything on this thread. Start a thread about "you", if you like & I'll consider it, if I'm in the mood. Wink
Olga, I am not going to stand by silently while u falsely defame me
alleging that I INTEND to ruin threads and that I am "playing games."

I am going with the flow of the conversation,
in keeping with the common practice. Its only that YOU hate my opinions
because thay are not politically correct.
I will continue to fight against political correctness and for liberty,
but I will always remain innocent of trying to ruin any thread.

If u don 't want to read my posts, then Y don 't u put me on Ignore ?
That is what the button is for. We can do it reciprocally.

David
msolga

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:57 pm
@Diest TKO,
Thread topic:

Quote:
I was asked this the other day, and I think it's kind of a provocative question.

My response:
Quote:
I struggle to forgive their drug use. They were hippies. Smoked pot. Daily. I don't morally object to the consumption of pot. It was the priority it took in the household that I resented. We also didn't have a lot of money, and we didn't have health insurance. I wanted to play sports, but I was afraid to get hurt and what it would mean to the family finances. I resent them for letting me take that burden, even if they didn't know about it. As far as they were concerned, I just liked art better.

I struggle to forgive them for the selfish choice to indulge.

So A2K, what do you struggle to forgive your parents for?

T
K
O
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:07 pm
@msolga,

I am trying to decide whether to put u on IGNORE
on a mutual and reciprocal basis; what 's it going to be ?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Even if she's wrong about your motives it's worth letting it go David, she has a point about the effect on the threads if not the intent.
dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:13 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

But, Jane, the intention is to ruin the thread. And to be as irritating as possible in the process. It's attention of some sort, I suppose?
Best to just ignore the long silly posts, one after the another. The thread reads a lot better that way, trust me! Smile

I think he's just genuinely obsessed with his guns stuff.....I don't think he INTENDS to ruin anything, that is simply a possible by-product of his obsession if people feel unable to ignore his gun posts.

I think your comments are far more true of hawkeye, for instance.

But now I'M ruining the damn thread even talking about it at all!!!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:13 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Even if she's wrong about your motives it's worth letting it go David,
she has a point about the effect on the threads if not the intent.
I defer to your wishes.

David
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:08 am
@dlowan,
I disagree with you, Deb. The end result is the same. David & Hawkeye can both kill participation in a thread by their posting "styles". Hawkeye by infuriating people by his opinions (& diverting attention to himself) .... David by constantly drawing attention to himself (which BTW was not totally about his "gun obsession" on this thread. Some of it was insensitive, inexplicably inane responses to sensitive disclosures. Go check). His mind-numbing multiple posting thing has killed many a potentially good thread in the past & I wouldn't blame anyone for giving up on this one, in the face of it.

There are A2K threads where such "diversions" might seem OK, might even make a thread more entertaining. But I don't think so in the case of this particular thread. This was one of those unusual recent threads where many people openly shared sensitive & personal information about themselves. I just wish that had been respected. Personally, I really valued the opportunity to say what I was able to say here & also valued what others told us about their upbringing. It was one of the more "special" threads to me. That's why I got so angry. I reckon I've been more tolerant of David than most here, till now. Today was just too much.
msolga

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:10 am
Sincere apologies for the diversion, everyone.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:19 am
@msolga,
Wow.

Sorry you were so upset.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:27 am
@msolga,
He isn't the one who started the gun talk. Someone else brought it up, knowing full well (imo) what would happen in response. Those who incite the trolls are doing as much derailing as the trolls themselves.
JPB

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:28 am
@msolga,
I agree with you on the special nature of this thread to those who posted personal stories. It's difficult to open up and then have the thread turn into a mockery. Such is life on the internet.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:31 am
@JPB,
Yes, I know he didn't bring it up, JPB. It's a question of how much responding to one comment is enough. But it wasn't just the "gun talk", as I mentioned earlier.
JPB

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:33 am
@msolga,
We've been talking about tools when it comes to parenting. I believe that there are also some people who lack the tools to know when they're being inappropriate. There are some such people here. On both sides of the trigger.
msolga

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:39 am
@JPB,
I do know what you mean, JPB, but if they're asked again & again to be more considerate, or whatever .... & pay absolutely no attention, then there'll be times people run out of patience, or cease to take them seriously.
JPB

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:42 am
@msolga,
In some cases I think it's a matter of forgetfulness or personal boundary issues. Others, I believe, simply don't care.