Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:23 pm
@JPB,
Add the Bengals to your list - I don't think I've ever seen a team do a better job of pissing away a game. And, by the way, in case you can't tell by the syntax, this ain't the Miz talkin'!
wandeljw

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:26 pm
@Miz Cowdoc,
Miz Cowdoc wrote:

Add the Bengals to your list - I don't think I've ever seen a team do a better job of pissing away a game. And, by the way, in case you can't tell by the syntax, this ain't the Miz talkin'!

That must be you, Cowdoc, using your wife's signon. Thank God, I was worried for a second.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:36 pm
Oakland won? Good grief.
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:36 pm
@wandeljw,
Tough to guess, huh?
:-)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:39 pm
@Miz Cowdoc,
I thought I saw something about Gradkowski not playing but I read that so fast it might have been fantasy. I guess, good for them. I remain uninterested until Al and his heirs are no longer in control, which may be in the 24th century.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:49 pm
somebody needs to find kicky, and take all the sharp objects away from him...

the chefs beat the steelers, AND knocked out rothlishoweveryouspellit.
alex240101

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:54 pm
Lions won. Great ending. Eight seconds left, down by six, hail mary attempt. Pass interference in the end zone. First round pick Lions quarterback Stafford was shaken up. Ball was put on one yard line, no seconds left,...for one play. Culpepper comes in to try to win it. Cleavland calls time out. Stafford hobbles back out to finish game. Throws a touchdown. Ties it up. Hanson kicks the extra point to win the game. I was driving,..and what a treat to listen to the play by play. My announcers have had hard years,...and one would think,....we had just won the superbowl.
Ragman

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:38 pm
@maporsche,
Not a problem. I was just trying to be a help clarify for anyone else who might be confused as to which way it was intended. Post them whichever it works best for you and RJB. I was just trying to make it easier. Drunk Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Kicky, could we get him back here? At least to answer re roflsburger? Not to make fun of a guy's name, more of me for not getting it yet. Still, I've been slow to warm up to that guy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:47 pm
@alex240101,
Stafford, my quarterback on the bench, it is to grieve re fantasy football.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:37 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Here is what I have set up as being the tiebreakers in the likely event two or more players end up with the best W-L record in a week:
1) Player closest to the winning NFL team's score;
2) Player closest to the losing NFL team's score;
3) Player closest to the home team's score;
4) Player closest to the visiting team's score;
5) Player closest to the two NFL teams' total points scored;
6) Player ranked lower in the standings.

Johnboy is at 13-2 with the one game remaining. He has Houston tonight (34-20). At 12-3 and having Tennessee are Clubber (21-18), Cowdoc (27-24), Miz Cowdoc (24-21) and Region (38-27). Also at 12-3 but having Houston are Panzade, Liontamerx and Mysteryman. They can not gain on Johnboy.
I still have no computer at home. Maybe today.
spendius

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:35 am
@realjohnboy,
I have me on 12-3 Johnny. With the Texans.

Have I made a mistake?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:46 am
@spendius,
On my scorecard I show you got 4 wrong: Carolina, Pittsburgh, Denver and Cincy. I will go back to find your picks.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 10:17 am
@spendius,
Spendi-Panthers, Colts, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Jaguars, Steelers, Vikings, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, Broncos, Patriots, Bengals, Eagles, Texans (24--9).

Tryin to pull the wool over our eyes lad?
spendius

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 11:49 am
@panzade,
Sorry--I read Bengals result wrong.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:22 pm
We are divided 19-8 in favor of Houston in the game tonight with Tennessee. I see over on the ESPN "Pick 'Em" game that 61% of the 75,000 players have Houston.
It would be a lot easier for me as the scorekeeper here if Houston were to win. None of the nettlesome tiebreaker stuff.
I got the new modem this afternoon...for free. I am back on line at home.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Crazy week with Thanksgiving. I would suggest that we get our picks for all of the games in early. You are more than welcome to CHANGE a pick in the Thursday games prior to the kickoff of that day's games and to CHANGE any of the weekend or Monday games prior to the kickoff of the 1st Sunday game.

That would really help me since last minute nagging could be futile. Thanks.

realjohnboy wrote:

Week #12 games:
Thursday, Nov 26th:
Green Bay @ Detroit
Oakland @ Dallas
NY Giants @ Denver
Sunday, Nov 29th, "Early" games:
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Miami @ Buffalo
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Carolina @ NY Jets
Seattle @ St Louis
Washington @ Phil
Indianapolis @ Houston
"Late" games:
Kansas City @ San Diego
Jacksonville @ San Francisco
Chicago @ Minnesota
Arizona @ Tennessee
Sunday night:
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
Monday, November 30th:
New England @ New Orleans (plus final score)

16 games + 1 final score.
Here are your options: Pick the 3 Thursday games and come back by kickoff of the 1st game on Sunday with the rest of your choices;
OR pick all the way through in one fell swoop (or one swell foop) knowing that you can come back on Sunday and CHANGE picks as long as that is done by the kickoff of the 1st game.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:35 pm
Green Bay
Dallas
NY Giants
Atlanta
Miami
Cincinnati
Carolina
St Louis
Phil
Indianapolis
San Diego
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Arizona
Pittsburgh
New Orleans 21-20

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:50 pm
@maporsche,
I have no preference as long as I can decipher the picks. In your case you said:
A over B etc. I understood that just fine.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:12 pm
Here is how things are shaping up for us in the Week #11 race:
If Houston wins, Realjohnboy (the Amazingrealjohnboy) will finish at 14-2, while the others still in contention will join the big crowd at 12-4. GO HOUSTON!
Should Tennessee triumph, there will be a bunch of us at 13-3 which would take us to the 1st tiebreaker: points scored by the winning team. If the winning team scores:
fewer than 22 points, Clubber wins;
between 23 and 25 (a very narrow window), the week goes to Miz Cowdoc;
between 26 and 30: Cowdoc;
between 31 and 36*: Johnboy;
36* or more gives it to Region.

*If the winning team scores exactly 36, the 2nd tiebreaker is the losing team's total points:
23 or less works for Johnboy;
24 or more would be sweet for Region.

I have entirely too much time on my hands, don't I?