It is good to know yourself
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:11 am
The thriller in the chiller
aidan

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:16 am
@dadpad,
okay, this is very bad, and I promised myself I wouldn't do it, but a friend was playing in his band the other night and someone in the audience asked him to do a Michael Jackson tribute and he said the only one he'd play would be:

'Don't let my son go down on you'

(sung to the tune of Elton John's - Don't let the sun go down on me)
panzade

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:52 am
@aidan,
welcome to the dark side aidan

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8283/86817222.jpg
aidan

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:57 am
@panzade,
Laughing Laughing

I know - bad, bad, bad....but it was so original and totally off the cuff....and his delivery was just so deadpan ...I'm still laughing
(not that Michael's dead....just you know...)

(and I'm justifying/rationalizing it as in: it doesn't necessarily have to do with pedophilia - this guy's son is an adult)

anyhow - I'll go back to behaving now.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 09:23 am
@aidan,

Did his demise get much attention in England, Rebecca ?
aidan

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Actually David - I was in America when he died - so I wasn't here and I don't watch tv - but I was talking to a friend last night here when I got back, and he said that he didn't buy a newspaper on Sunday, because he was sick of the coverage- so I guess it was pretty pervasive here.

My parents are very conservative politically - so they have fox news going all the time and the day after he died these same people who reviled him while he was alive were saying **** like, 'Yesterday when Michael Jackson died and the whole world stopped...'
How hypocritical...and so I was telling my friend that and he said that over here they were saying similar stuff like, 'Yesterday= when Michael Jackson died and the music stopped...'

I have to admit I'm conflicted. I think he was a talented dancer for sure and this is one of my all time favorite songs:

I heard it today and I started crying thinking about him and what his life could have been but yet turned out to be.

You know - he was just like all the rest of us - good and bad and everything in between...but yeah..he definitely had a voice, didn't he?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:42 pm
@aidan,

Well, I am very conservative politically,
but I never had occasion to bear him ill will.
aidan

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
And that's what I like about you.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 08:33 pm
Apparently it's not too soon any more.

Last night mention was made of the Michael Jackson impersonators who trapped in a never ending cycle of surgery trying to stay looking like him.

As was the postulation that if he died of swine flu then wearing a facemask does diddly squat.

What happened to this guy?:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mZhUCm6EiKo/SkT6MDk6QXI/AAAAAAAADXw/t_fSD85P004/s400/mij.jpg

0 Replies

chrissylm37

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 03:47 pm
@aperson,
Who the hell do you think you are saying we don't care about what's going on in Iran? You have a lot of nerve. Your the one cracking jokes about MJ so it's obvious that your not even thinking about what's going on over there. And what's wrong with his kids names? Have you checked out what most celebrities are calling their kids nowadays? Also....who cares that MJ didn't know when to stop having plastic surgey, it's his money, and "YES" it's very inappropriate to joke about anyones death no matter what they did or "DIDN'T do"in their life. Nobody has a perfect past.....not even you. You obviously have nothing better to do than criticize deceased people for your own pleasure. Do you feel better about yourself now that you put others down? GROW UP.
chrissylm37

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 04:03 pm
@aperson,
Before you start downing MJ for his kids names check out these celebs kid names and you tell me if MJs kids names are that bad.......check out Jason Lees kids name (Pilot Inspektor) and Sylvester Stallones kids names (Sage Moonblood). I'd rather be called Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket.

CELEBRITIES KIDS NAMES
Aanisah (Macy Gray)
Apple (Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow)
Astrella Celeste (Donovan and Linda Lawrence)
Atherton Grace (Don Johnson and Kelley Phleger)
Audio Science (Shannyn Sossamon)
Aurelius Cy (Elle Macpherson and Arpad Busson)
Blue Angel (The Edge from U2 and Aislinn O'Sullivan)
Bluebell Madonna (Geri Halliwell)
Brooklyn (David and Victoria Beckham)
Calico (Alice and Sheryl Cooper)
Camera (Arthur Ashe and Jeanne Moutoussamy)
Destry (Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw)
Diezel Ky (Toni Braxton and Keri Lewis)
Fifi Trixibell (Bob Geldof and Paula Yates)
Fuchsia (Sting and Frances Tomelty)
Gaia (Emma Thompson and Greg Wise)
Gulliver (Gary Oldman and Donya Fiorentino)
Heaven (Lil' Mo)
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (Paula Yates and Michael Hutchence)
Hopper (Sean Penn and Robin Wright)
Ireland (Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger)
Jaz (Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi)
Jazz Domino (Joe Strummer)
Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson and Alejandra Genevieve Oaziaza)
Kal-El Coppola (Nicholas Cage)
Kyd (David Duchovny and Tea Leoni)
Lark Song (Mia Farrow and André Previn)
Lennon (Liam Gallagher and Patsy Kensit)
Liberty (Ryan Giggs)
London Emilio (Slash)
Luna Coco Patricia (Frank Lampard and Elen Rive)
Marquise (50 Cent)
Memphis Eve (Bono)
Moon Unit (Frank Zappa)
Moxie CrimeFighter (Penn Jillette)
Ocean (Forest Whitaker)
Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf)
Poppy Honey (Jamie and Jules Oliver)
Rocket (Robert Rodriguez)
Rufus Tiger (Roger Taylor)
Saffron Sahara (Simon and Yasmin Le Bon)
Sage Moonblood (Sylvester Stallone and Sasha Czack)
Satchel (Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee)
Seven Sirius (Andre Benjamin and Erykah Badu)
Shiloh Nouvel (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie)
Sosie (Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick)
Suri (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes)
Tallulah (Bruce Willis and Demi Moore)
Willow Camille Reign (Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith)
Zola Ivy (Eddie Murphy and Nicole Mitchell)
panzade

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 04:04 pm
@chrissylm37,
Yay chrissy!
My heroin...errr heroine...
errr heroess

tell hit like it is sistah
0 Replies

chrissylm37

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 04:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Just because he settled out of court doesn't make him guilty of the crime. It just makes the parents of the so called molested kid guilty for lying for money. If MJ or anyone else for that matter molested my kid I wouldn't stop until he was put away in prison for life. I'm sure most parents would want a child molester put away so they wouldn't be able to do it to other kids. It's just common sense.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:32 pm
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 07:56 pm
@chrissylm37,
Quote:
Before you start downing MJ for his kids names check out these celebs kid names and you tell me if MJs kids names are that bad.......check out Jason Lees kids name (Pilot Inspektor) and Sylvester Stallones kids names (Sage Moonblood). I'd rather be called Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket.

You know, I'd actually rather be called something normal by my parents, like the however many other billion parents there are on the planet...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 09:36 pm
@aperson,
aperson wrote:

Quote:

You know, I'd actually rather be called something normal by my parents,
like the however many other billion parents there are on the planet...

People can change their names.
Thay shoud, if thay wanna.

I 'm glad my name is David

David
aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 01:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Aanisah (Macy Gray)
I think that's VERY PRETTY!
(if that's pronounced ah-NEE-sah).

I also like Willow for a girl (the name Jada Pickett and Will Smith chose for their child)- but I also like the name Jada - I like names that show some creativity and originality.

In terms of Michael Jackson and the names he chose for his kids - Prince and Paris are passable and at least in the ballpark of understandable, but I'm sorry- he did Blanket a real disservice. Must have been upping his dosage by that point.

But your point about the parents of the children who sued and settled is a good one.
aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 01:34 am
@aidan,
the above was in response to Chrissy's posts.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 01:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You really think that makes it acceptable for people to call their children ridiculous names? Then you truly are biased, and God help you if you can't see it...