Help Save My Cat

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 06:00 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

wow.

this board is full of assholes just looking for an internet fight huh?

it is a GOD DAMN cat yall.

Find that hair that is in your ass and pluck it out please.

jesus christ.

If people would put that much energy into taking care of other HUMANS,
and worrying about other HUMANS we would see a better society
But no
it is easier to sit on your ass and whine, bitch, moan and point fingers about "animal rights"

It. is. a . CAT. for christs sake.

Why is it that no one can just have a conversation about what is going on with them
with out everyone trying to find a PC button to pick a fight about?

get the **** over it. Its a CAT. Rolling Eyes

ya wanna talk about assholes.. geeze

No one says that the animals have RIGHTS
in this matter, Shewolf.
In this situation, thay appear to be guests;
its not as if thay were paying tenants.

Your post implies that cats have no value; I deny that.

If Bear thought that thay amount to nothing,
then I don 't think that he 'd have taken the time n labor
to post this thread in the first place.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 06:01 am

This thread reminds me a little bit of Abuzz,
tho not quite that bad.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 06:40 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

wow.

this board is full of assholes just looking for an internet fight huh?

it is a GOD DAMN cat yall.

Find that hair that is in your ass and pluck it out please.

jesus christ.

If people would put that much energy into taking care of other HUMANS, and worrying about other HUMANS we would see a better society
But no
it is easier to sit on your ass and whine, bitch, moan and point fingers about "animal rights"

It. is. a . CAT. for christs sake.

Why is it that no one can just have a conversation about what is going on with them with out everyone trying to find a PC button to pick a fight about?

get the **** over it. Its a CAT. Rolling Eyes

ya wanna talk about assholes.. geeze

Good Morning and thank you.

hey, let's all dump on bear, cause he decides to get rid of a cat he was never that fond of in the first place.

I'm sure it'll alienate his son with whom he's had an extremely close relationship with all these years.

Yes, by all means take the cat to the vet and spend all this money for the vet to say "it's a cat, it pisses where it wants" God forbid we miss the 1% chance there's something wrong physically with it.

Cat's pissing in the wrong place because it's stressed? Oh, you mean the stress of living in a house with bear, who pissed off with it all the time?

Bear's not going to go out back and shoot the cat, he's gonna try to find it a home, or the best he can do.

Maybe the son does need a reality check. I think Bear knows better than we do what his son needs.

OK everyone, let's all fight over a cat pissing on the rug, and tell someone they're an asshole for not wanting to deal with it, what with their busy life and all.

Bear, I know what it's like to have a cat do something that makes you want to just cash in its chips.
You need to do what's best for you.

I would say good day to you.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 07:11 am
I am not talking about cats having rights or not having rights. If someone chooses to take an animal into their home, they need to make sure they have done their best to take care of that animal. Bear has done so.. or do you all not remember reading and commenting on his posts ABOUT the care of this cat? yeah.. now you dont remember that huh? Too blinded by some PC rule that you feel you now have a place to scream about it at ..

I am talking about how god damn stupid and arrogant it is to slam someone for getting rid of a pet that obviously does not work with their needs. or ..How idiotic it is to put human emotions into an animal. " Ohh wahh.. that poor cat is gonna have a bad life. that poor cat wont 'feel' love. wahh wahhh" Self actualization belongs to HUMANS .. not cats.

he is finding it a new home.
he is taking it to a shelter

he is DOING something about it and it is what he NEEDS to do if the cat DOES NOT fit in his house.
I know he has taken that cat in before. He has posted about it.
He has posted about all the things he has gone through with that cat and has gone above and beyond what most others would do.
But when he gets to the point of not being able to fix a behavior issue , he becomes a shitty person? What the **** is that? If someone has a dog that bites over and over again, it is ok to rehome that animal, but if a cat wont use a designated toilet, causing your house to smell of urine and possibly create an unsanitary living space.... its not?

And I am sorry. Teenagers are dim bulbs. If you are not willing to be forceful with kids at that age you might as well sign away your life.

This is self righteous judgment in its finest.
And it is pure bullshit.

There is nothing abusive about finding another cat a home but it sure does open the road for people to sit on their ass and scream and moan at someone in a way to stroke their own ego.
I have gotten rid of animals when I could not repair behavior issues and i would do it again in a heart beat.

I have also rescued more then my fair share of animals.
I will pull over to help an animal if I can.
But I will remove one from my house too if he / she is just not a match.
its NO big DEAL.

Like I said, take that unnecessary energy and put it to some real use instead of sitting on your ass judging someone for finding a HOME for an animal.

ugh.
Im done with this Rolling Eyes self righteous bullshit.
chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 07:26 am
Hey, I know....

Bear should give the cat to BillRim Job.

He can take the cat to the vet and have it checked out, and then provide a nuturing home.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 07:32 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:
And I am sorry. Teenagers are dim bulbs. If you are not willing to be forceful with kids at that age you might as well sign away your life.

This is self righteous judgment in its finest.
And it is pure bullshit.

Is this directed at me? If so, how is being concerned about Bear's relationship with his kid either "self righteous judgment" or "pure bullshit"?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 09:38 am
@chai2,
thank you chai... and actually I am quite fond of all the cats... or I wouldn't be in such a stew about getting rid of them. They receive nothing but love, eats, catnip, toys and attention in this house. The curl up with me all the time and rub heads with me... a sign of great affection and attachment with cats.

And I know you and most everyone else is aware that I do have a close and loving relationship with my sons. My daughters as well.

Of course anyone who wants to judge me over such a superficial matter is welcome to a big mouthful of my penis. And yes, I'm speaking of Bill the church Lady and no one else.

PS we are making one last ditch effort to keep the cats. We've taken yet another litter box and placed it right next to my workstation where the shitting and pissing is taking place to see if we can get the cat into the habit of useing the box...then move it. Meanwhile, I am trying to edit dvd and music video, record and rehearse right next to a goddam stinking litter box. I'm a real prick all right.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 09:44 am
@shewolfnm,
Right Shewolfnm using a family pet in a pissing contest with your son is a moral thing to do, in your opinion?

Sorry a family pet is not a human however neither is he a piece of furniture that should be traded out when you get a little tired of it.

Second the reason we can form two ways emotional bonds with both cats and dogs is that there is a large overlap in the capabilities to feel similar emotions with such pets.

Once more anyone who can used a family pet as a tool to hurt another human family member is an asshole with out question.

One footnote taking a cat to the public shelter in my area of the country is a death sentence 99.9 percent of the time.

BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 09:56 am
@chai2,
I had taken all my cats in from off the street and after doing so, I had accepted the moral duty to provide care and a loving home to them for the rest of their lives my friend.

My mother dog is over 15 years old and a few months ago had a tumor in his mouth area and if he was a car I would had taken him to the junk yard as it make not a bit of economic sense to had a big vet bill for a dog who had already outlive his breed lifespan by a number of years.

However, he is not a car or a worn out piece of furniture but a living member of my family and I ended up paying over two thousands dollars to have the problem taken care of.

Frankly every time I see how happy he is to see me and then go for a walk with him it is money damn well spend.

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:12 am
@BillRM,
What's your point?

oh, that's right, there isn't one.
chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:18 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

thank you chai... and actually I am quite fond of all the cats... or I wouldn't be in such a stew about getting rid of them. They receive nothing but love, eats, catnip, toys and attention in this house. The curl up with me all the time and rub heads with me... a sign of great affection and attachment with cats.

And I know you and most everyone else is aware that I do have a close and loving relationship with my sons. My daughters as well.

Of course anyone who wants to judge me over such a superficial matter is welcome to a big mouthful of my penis. And yes, I'm speaking of Bill the church Lady and no one else.

PS we are making one last ditch effort to keep the cats. We've taken yet another litter box and placed it right next to my workstation where the shitting and pissing is taking place to see if we can get the cat into the habit of useing the box...then move it. Meanwhile, I am trying to edit dvd and music video, record and rehearse right next to a goddam stinking litter box. I'm a real prick all right.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is the litter box on a hard floor or carpet? I'm sure you have newspapers under it, but I've got a suggestion....

I learned this through trial and error with Miss Dippsy Doodle-**** for Brains-Prissy Pants.

Get a box of puppy training pads, and put a couple of them side by side (overlapping just a bit) on the floor, and put the litter box on top. Then if the cat decides to piss next to the box, it goes on the pad.

The ones we use have some kind of gel in it, and it really works. Every week or 2 **** for Brains decides to use the pad instead, and the gel really captures the order.

Use the clumping litter, it's better.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:30 am
@chai2,
You are so dumb that you can not see the points in my posting?

Sad does someone else boot up the computer so you can get aline?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:31 am
Pet Smart - this is the kind we get. 40 lbs. for 12 bucks. works great, and we have 3 cats.

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-5480294t400.jpg

Here's the puppy pads we use. Petsmart again.

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-5123850t400.jpg

Here's a tip for cleaning the litter box and keeping the odor down....

Keep a waste basket near the litter box, with a garbage can liner in it. Keep a stack of old newspapers nearby.
After scooping the clumps into the garbage can, shove a section of newspaper on top of it, so that it's snuggly on top of the clumps.
You can continue to make these clump/newspaper section layers for days, then just take the bag out to the trash.

I have a sensitve nose, and I rarely smell anything when I come in the house each evening. If I do, it's because one of them just used it.

Trick is to do it a couple times a day, so it doesn't get out of hand.

Hope that helps.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:41 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
"Bi-Polar Bear"]
Quote:
thank you chai... and actually I am quite fond of all the cats

How many do u have ?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:45 am
thanks for CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions chai.... and bill...everyone sees the point her post...and yours as well... she's being helpful... you're being a self righteous prick patting himself on the back for saving your dog and imagining it gives you some sort of moral high ground. It was a nice thng to do and congratulations for having the money and compassion to do it. Now shut the **** up....please.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
three
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:47 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Right Shewolfnm using a family pet in a pissing contest with your son is a moral thing to do, in your opinion?

your purposeful stupidity is astounding...truly.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:48 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I found that one of those covered litterboxes really helped with the smell, but it was kind of a pain when you went to clean the box.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:59 am
I'm going to try the puppy pad thing... and one of thelitter boxes is the covered kind with that charcoal filter that's suposed to eliminate odors.... unfortunately NONE of the cats will go in it whne the cover is on... so it sits in a storage closet Mr. Green
ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 11:06 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
The puppy training pad things are great. Great for catching spill-over.
0 Replies