Help Save My Cat

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:31 am
even with clean litter box and every precaution.... one of my cats shits, constantly, right at my recording workstation. I love this cat, but not as much as I hate an unlitterbox trained cat.

any suggestions besides bad bladder and bowel control, because she has no trouble going... before I get rid of her? Because she's about to go. She did this as a kitten, and we broke her of it but now she's back at it with a vengance and nothing in her enviroment has changed. Believe me, this cat is under no stress.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 5,980 • Replies: 78
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 10:08 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I would take your cat to the vet before you toss her out of your house.

BBB
Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 10:30 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
cat's tryin' to send you a message.

what have you been doing to piss it off?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:05 pm
She obviously wants her litterbox next to your workstation.

My oldest cat is about 15, and started suffering (on our part, not hers. she's having a grand old time) from feline dementia 2 or 3 years ago.

She suddenly started peeing in the middle of the dining room, thankfully a tile floor.

The litter box was very cleaned, changed more often than it had to be. We pulled it out into the center of the mud room to make sure she had easy access. We sprayed the dining room floor with that stuff to deter cats. We got a second (actually 3rd) box for her own private use. Nothing worked.

That is, until we put the litter box in the middle of the dining room. No problems since then, as far as she can see.

She literally spent the next year and a half in either the dining room, or the kitchen, where the food is.

Then, one day, I was in the back of the house and looked up, and there she was, in the doorway. She must have been lost. Since then, about once a month, she'll come stand in the doorway a few seconds, then go back to the dining room.

Cats are much more stubborn than I could ever hope to be. When she dies, the litter box goes back in the mudroom. Unfortunately, the other 2 cats we have have never known a dining room without a litter box. I hope they will adjust.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:34 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Could not agree more he should have her check out by a vet as the first step.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 04:35 pm
some cats just want to piss and poop in one spot.
They get it in their head that they SHOULD go there, and they do. No medical issues necessary.

You could try to move the litter box, but now.. you will have to work around ****.
Can you lock the cat out of that area?

If you can not, and you are willing to make an investment.. place a scat mat where he goes. Next time he walks on it, he will get shocked.

But this does not sound like a medical issue. This sounds like a cat who wants to pee and poop in one spot.
Medical, you would see a lot of pee and poop every where. Not just one particular spot.
I could be wrong, but I dont think so..

No. squirt bottle will not fix this. Kitty will just wait until you are gone.
sneaky fuzzy things
BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:37 pm
@shewolfnm,
Yes Shewolfnm you could indeed be wrong and for that reason the cat should be check out by a vet before bringing out the water gun or doing anything else.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:07 pm
Bear,

Cats suffer stress even when we don't know it. It might be the tiniest of changes in the house that can cause a cat to stress, so don't count that out if there has been any change at all in your household, even if it seems inconsequential to you. Of course, take the cat to the vet to make sure there are no medical reasons for it doing this.

Have you tried different litters? Some cats are pretty particular about the type of litter or how many cats use the box. They can be pretty quirky sometimes. I had one cat in my shelter that would only use the litterbox if it was way up high away from anyone and everything. I had cats that would not use a little box with a lid or one another cat used. Unfortunately, it's a lot of trial and error when you are trying to figure out the reason for a bad behavior.

I do hope that you can get this resolved. I know it's hard loving an animal but not being able to put up with certain behaviors. I've seen it happen time and time again. First the vet, then try anything and everything!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 08:56 am
the cat goes today. I've had enough. My youngest boys's cat goes too...because he treats this place like a hotel and never comes home....so he loses his cat. That's it.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 09:31 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
My youngest boys's cat goes too...because he treats this place like a hotel and never comes home....so he loses his cat. That's it.

This sounds like a really good way to alienate your kid.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 09:48 am
my kid is almost 19 and deosn't contribute to taking care of the cat..... at this point he needs to learn a little something about the consequences of his actions..... since it doesn't seem to be sinking in so far....
DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:13 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
All I'm saying is that if you do this without warning then you need to be prepared for some major backlash.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:43 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
and don't tell the cat you are doing it in, they really take umbrage to that ****...
BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:51 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
So you think it is a good idea to punish a cat for the behavior of your son?

The word asshole just jump into my mind for some strange reason.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:01 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Quote:
the cat goes today. I've had enough.
My youngest boys's cat goes too...because he treats this place like
a hotel and never comes home....so he loses his cat. That's it.

Feed them and have them both
as outdoor cats; thay 'll probably be happy with that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 03:30 pm
@BillRM,
**** yourself...that jumped into my mind. come to my house and clean the carpets you nosy ********** or shut the **** up.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 03:31 pm
@Rockhead,
rock youknow I wouldn't do the cats in...I'll find them a home or take them to a no kill shelter. I hate getting rid of them and Iwill miss them but Ican't live in a house that stinks of cat **** and piss.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 05:27 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
My my you are too cheap to take the cat to the vet to see if there is a medical reason for the behavior and then you wish to get rid of another cat to punish your son.

You are a real winner and by the way there are cleaning agents that contain bacteria that will take care of the smell problems ETC in short order and can be found in Pet-Superstore and most pet stores.

Of course like taking care of your obligations to provide vet care to your pets it might cost you a few dollars and you are indeed an asshole and worst a cheap asshole.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:27 pm
@BillRM,
I 've covered the carpet in that miracle cleaning agent and it's done no good at all. The cat has a clean bill of health and has had all the care it requires.

Like I say...**** yourself. You don't know a goddam thing and you're showing yourself to be a condescening ignorant ****. Let's don't talk anymore slugo.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 08:09 pm
wow.

this board is full of assholes just looking for an internet fight huh?

it is a GOD DAMN cat yall.

Find that hair that is in your ass and pluck it out please.

jesus christ.

If people would put that much energy into taking care of other HUMANS, and worrying about other HUMANS we would see a better society
But no
it is easier to sit on your ass and whine, bitch, moan and point fingers about "animal rights"

It. is. a . CAT. for christs sake.

Why is it that no one can just have a conversation about what is going on with them with out everyone trying to find a PC button to pick a fight about?

get the **** over it. Its a CAT. Rolling Eyes

ya wanna talk about assholes.. geeze