Reasons a married man gets lonely.

lonely man

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 03:09 pm
I married the love of my life in 1994 and she passed in 2007 her and I were best friends very close and always here to heart I had had so much fun with her It took me 2 yrs to get over her death but I miss so much how much i was in love and having her there for me. I've remarried in 2010 been with my current wife but not getting along been married to her for 4 yrs now I feel so lonely her personality and mine are so different I do dishes after a hard days work mow 2 and a half lots work in the garden weed eat around the house take out garbage clean dog poop feed them I live in a house that most people would consider it a pig barn Cuz that's what it is hoarding and junk every where she don't do anything after work she watches tv and knit pics and bitches and criticizes me for the way iam we took marriage counseling together but not helping I'm so lonlely
Germlat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:44 pm
@lonely man,
You can't expect one person to be like another. Stop comparing her. Maybe you could help out with the chores.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:22 pm
@Ferostie,
The unhappiness of one partner deserves the attention, respect, and energy (to problem solve) of the other partner, not the ignoring & disrespect of the other partner. Marriages don't usually survive the continued ignoring of such (even if it's in the distant future).

Marriages also don't often survive the continued neglect of a partner (same qualifier)

How clear have you made it to her where your emotions are going? Going to a counsellor isn't necessarily helpful (esp when she doesn't take it seriously) as we humans can always tell ourselves 'everyone goes through a rocky patch / counselling...but get through it'
Germlat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:27 pm
@vikorr,
Yes...but not if you don't see the partner as an individual. If he expects for the new partner to be his ex-wife for instance.
vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:29 pm
@Germlat,
I think you'll need to clarify what you just said - I didn't follow it. Wait, are you thinking that I'm replying to the 'lonely man' post, or the OP?
Germlat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:34 pm
@vikorr,
I think the OP is still grieving a loss. He has a new partner and expects the new partner to have the qualities of the previous one. So he is disappointed. It's best to realize peoples have individual qualities.
vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:38 pm
@Germlat,
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
0 Replies