hitler youth or true-blooded american kids?

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:35 pm
IMPERIAL, Calif. " Ten minutes into arrant mayhem in this town near the Mexican border, and the gunman, a disgruntled Iraq war veteran, has already taken out two people, one slumped in his desk, the other covered in blood on the floor.
In a training exercise run by Border Patrol agents, Explorer scouts from Visalia, Calif., prepare to storm a “hijacked” bus.
The responding officers " eight teenage boys and girls, the youngest 14 " face tripwire, a thin cloud of poisonous gas and loud shots " BAM! BAM! " fired from behind a flimsy wall. They move quickly, pellet guns drawn and masks affixed.

“United States Border Patrol! Put your hands up!” screams one in a voice cracking with adolescent determination as the suspect is subdued.

It is all quite a step up from the square knot.

The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence " an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters.

“This is about being a true-blooded American guy and girl,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy here in Imperial County, whose life clock, he says, is set around the Explorers events he helps run. “It fits right in with the honor and bravery of the Boy Scouts.”

The training, which leaders say is not intended to be applied outside the simulated Explorer setting, can involve chasing down illegal border crossers as well as more dangerous situations that include facing down terrorists and taking out “active shooters,” like those who bring gunfire and death to college campuses. In a simulation here of a raid on a marijuana field, several Explorers were instructed on how to quiet an obstreperous lookout.

“Put him on his face and put a knee in his back,” a Border Patrol agent explained. “I guarantee that he’ll shut up.”

dyslexia

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:36 pm
@dyslexia,
hey ma, I got a merit badge in waterboarding illegal aliens.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:41 pm
From the attitude, I suspect you disapprove? Why is that?
dyslexia

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:43 pm
@McGentrix,
attitude?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:46 pm
Brown shirts included?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:48 pm
That wasn't attititude. But, no boubt you'll see some soon!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:59 pm
Border Patrol agents are nothing more than racist rent-a-cops. (Since they are just a political stunt by conservative hacks, I don't know what else we could expect).

A friend of mine was on a Greyhound bus traveling from Chicago to Boston (a domestic trip). The Border Patrol enters the bus and pulls of the two brown-skinned passengers for questioning.

The white passengers were unmolested. If there were such as thing as a European "illegal immigrant" , they would have it made.

This kind of thing is typical as anyone with brown skin will tell you.

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 03:47 pm
Good ******* grief.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:03 pm
@dyslexia,
Dyslexia wrote:
“Put him on his face and put a knee in his back,” a Border Patrol agent explained. “I guarantee that he’ll shut up.”

Oh, that's just lesson one. Lesson two: the human pyramid.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 11:09 pm
Well these little thugs will need a new name, but for the time being they are this countrys version of Hitler Youth. Christ on a Cracker.
aidan

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 11:18 pm
@glitterbag,
McGentrix asked:
Quote:
From the attitude, I suspect you disapprove? Why is that?

I disapprove because this:
Quote:
The training, which leaders say is not intended to be applied outside the simulated Explorer setting,

is not what's likely to happen. Kids of fourteen and fifteen, and of a certain personality type and frame of mind, inflamed by this sort of rhetoric and invested with this sort of 'power' and 'training', will most likely not be able to wait for their once a week Explorer meeting to try it out.

They'll probably start eyeing the latino students at their school with suspicion and wonder if they shouldn't be running them down and checking their green cards.

And if a kid wants to have this training, that gives you a certain amount of insight into their tendencies right there.
Some kids volunteer in soup kitchens, or reforest mountainsides by planting seedlings- others chase down and subdue illegal 'aliens'. Yikes...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 11:46 pm

I am not prepared to award a monopoly on bravery to Hitler nor his youth.

These guys were preparing to defend America.

David
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 11:50 pm
Aiden, I think you got me confused with someone else........not that I necessarily disagree with your take, I didn't engage McGentrix...unless I'm drunk and missed it.
aidan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:04 am
@glitterbag,
I clicked reply on your post to reply - and then I used McGentrix's quote.
contrex

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 01:05 am
@aidan,
I'd like to know why the OP used the phrase "true-blooded". It has uncomfortable Nazi race-science overtones. Maybe he or she was being ironic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 02:48 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Dyslexia wrote:

Oh, that's just lesson one. Lesson two: the human pyramid.

Nah...that's for sissies.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:14 am
Those citizens who r defense minded
have my admiration and my gratitude.

That applies to citizens of all ages

David
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:31 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence " an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters.

“This is about being a true-blooded American guy and girl,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy here in Imperial County, whose life clock, he says, is set around the Explorers events he helps run. “It fits right in with the honor and bravery of the Boy Scouts.”

Good grief.
This is really alarming.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:28 am
Quote:
It is all quite a step up from the square knot.

Jaysus! No kidding.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:00 am
@ebrown p,
Quote:
The white passengers were unmolested. If there were such as thing as a European "illegal immigrant" , they would have it made.

There is. There are at least hundreds, and probably thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of eastern Europeans who entered on tourist or student visas, and just stopped reporting, or never reported at all. There was one i knew in Colubmus, Ohio, who hooked up with an American slacker, and that guy provided him all the "expertise" they needed to survive. They worked for a political campaign in Kansas and Nebraska for cash, no questions asked and no papers. (I long managed small businesses, so i know for a fact that they were dodging immigration laws--specifically the IRCA of 1986--which required employers to obtain two forms of identification from new employees if they are citizens, and the appropriate document, a "green" card, if they immigrants entitled to work. This is all reported on DoJ Form I9. The boys were working completely under the table for a Republican candidate.) This guy was from St. Petersburg, and went back once in the early 90s to visit, and re-entered the country on a different visa in a different name with a fake passport (which were apparently available for a song in St. Petersburg in those days, or so he said). He then resumed his former life of working for cash, no papers, and bumming drinks in the bars at night. The last time i saw him, he had been in the United States illegally and comfortably for about six years. Slim, about 5'10", blond hair, blue eyes . . . what's not to love? He claimed he ran into Russians, Poles and other speakers of Slavic languages all the time--and gave them hints on how to get along.

I hope they have the good sense to teach these Scouts that people with brown skins are their only legitimate targets.