The Threat To America That Is Barack Hussein Obama

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 03:36 pm
My grandmother always used her whole stewed tomatoes (the home-canned ones) when she made spaghetti sauce--fantastic stuff.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
On another thread I gave a basic recipe for marinara for a Grilled Shrimp Pomodoro (which is now what you find the better Italian restaurants, but I was introduced to at The Daily Grill in Fascist Island). I use S & W Italian canned tomatoes (from Costco), put them in the blender to chop them a little finer, heat it in a pan with olive oil and fresh garlic, the add shredded fresh basil and the end. I just toss that with Angle Hair Pasta and top it with grilled shrimp, but any kind of meat or vegetable (primavera) like all the colors of bell peppers, fire roasted, skinned and sauteed in olive oil -- or grilled eggplant!

I wonder what Italian restaurant the Obamas go out to in Washington DC -- I know they were out for fine dining last week. If they don't care for Italian, then he can't be labeled with the Italian fascist sticker.

(Gee, I remembered the "c" in fascist).
spendius

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:14 pm
@Lightwizard,
Gee LW--I thought you were a bloke. Sorry.
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:13 pm
@spendius,
Gee Spendi -- and I thought you were a hermaphrodite who could only do barbecue.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:24 pm
@Lightwizard,

HOW DARE YOU !! You insulted barbecue!!

ROPE, get my rope!!
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:30 pm
@farmerman,
It's bad barbecue.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, and having read back (and seen that I yelled about tomato paste before on this thread), I'll be interested in dtom's take on how to use it without ruining something..

Yes, I know, this is a thread about Obama..

but, hey, the guy likes italian food..
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Then he is an Spaghetti Fascist.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:43 pm
@Lightwizard,
I think they did go to an ital gourmet type restaurant in DC, forget the name..

Set, I've never gotten into canning. (Woman infests neighborhood with botulism from her canned tomatoes..) To have home stewed and canned garden grown tomatoes sounds like, ah, paradiso.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:46 pm
@Lightwizard,
Is that like a Flying Spaghetti Monster?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
I think I'm wrong on the recent visit to an italian restaurant, remembered it was Michel Richard's place, with a name like Citron. That's ok, I like him too.
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Exactly the same thing -- neither exists and some Wingnut case who belongs in Bellevue will not make it any different in their ravings .
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:31 am
hmm, think next time we grill, I'll try some dijon; seems sort of interesting. The things they get het up about.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:37 am
@revel,
You're going to grill dijon mustard?
revel

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 08:36 am
@Lightwizard,
Smile, no; just try using the mustard instead of mayonnaise or ketchup as a condiment to grilled burgers. Never thought of it before, but then again, I am not too creative in cooking.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 08:46 am
@revel,
Mustard w/o ketchup or mayo is known as a "Texas burger".

Maybe Obama's trying to tell us something after all.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:40 am
@revel,
I always stuff my burgers with blue cheese, so nix on the mayo as that adds too much fat and interferes with the taste of the blue cheese. Of course, no ketchup (really interference with the bc) but Dijon or spicy mustard is good. Only time I ever use anything close to mayo with blue cheese is on a Cobb Salad because I like Caesar as the salad dressing (it's basis is actually a making a mayonnaise but with garlic and Parmesan cheese).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:43 am
@DrewDad,
I guess I like Sad Texas Burgers!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:45 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Mustard w/o ketchup or mayo is known as a "Texas burger".

Maybe in Texas it is. The rest of us tend to humor Texas as a family will a large but dull-witted boy given to violent and pointless outbursts.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:49 am
@Setanta,
One of those violent and pointless, dull-witted boys made it into the White House from the Lone Star State.