jespah

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Got my sitting muscles ready.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:45 pm
Oy, I didn't realize that this thread turned serious:
another waiting room - we're pretty experienced by now, aren't we, jespah?
jespah

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 06:15 am
@CalamityJane,
I wish we weren't, my friend. I wish we weren't.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 06:27 am
I just discovered this thread. I feel for the two of you. Don't have any experiences to compare and don't listen to Celine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:43 am
@chai2,
Geez louise, Chai.

Will be thinking of both of you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:02 pm
Continued best wishes to chai and Wally
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:55 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Chai wrote:
I need to bash something/someone.

An European, a Frenchman?

Go ahead, I'll lend you an ear, I'm in a helping mood..

Yeah; I see the ear.
Francis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm "here" for friends..
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 12:24 pm
ok, first time since my last post I've sat down.

He wasn't in renal failure (98% sure). He had not eaten or drunk for 2 days.

As I said before, we were planning on next week making the rounds to all his doctors, and get everyone on the same page.

Wednesday AM, I had made breakfast before leaving for work, and left him his to eat. I know he ate that. The night before, Tuesday, his tremors had increased to where I watched him drop a glass 3 times in a row in about 5 minutes. In the morning he was doing pretty good, but we both knew they would increase throughout the day. So, I left him a big glass of ice water (about 3 cups) with a straw in it, and a paper tower wrapped around it for better grip. I put another big glass of ice water in the fridge with the same set up. Then I went off to work.

I tried calling him several times a couple of hours later, but he did not answer his cell. I took a quick run home, and found him sleeping in bed. I woke him up and he was totally lucid "Hi Sweetie, what are you doing home?" We talked a few minutes and he said he was getting up in a minute. So I left. I didn't think to look to see if the water was there...it was probably around 11am.

I came home, and, as usual at the end of the day, he was worse. He got up and said, I'm going back to bed (all these would have been worrying me if I didn't know we were going to the doctors next week, and had seen the neurologist just a couple days before).
Next day, Thursday, I came home to find a disaster. He was sitting outside, very poor color, the only response I could get was for him to lift his head about an inch, and mumble incoherantly. His hair looked like he had feel into something, like dead brown plant matter. He has a cut on his arm, and God knows what else.

I went into the house to call his doctor....stopped and sniffed....The Gas was ON!!! The house was full of gas!!!

Leaving the door open, I turned off the gas and quickly looked around, expecting to see dead cats. I was releived to see the oldest on sitting in a chair, looking up and meowed at me. I opened all the windows and fans. Then I went over to my neighbor and asked him to help me get him in the car so I could drive him to the ER. I knew right there that he was not going to be coming back home, not with the fact he could have killed all of us.

What they first thought was acute renal failure was extreme dyhydration and lack of food.

On Friday I check out what I had to do to get him in a drug rehab, and was told I'd duscuss that with the discharge planner at the hospital. So, that won't be until Monday. I'll have to discuss with her whether his condition is unstable enough to be in one that also has a medical area. That's all I can say about that for now.

I also cancelled his appointments, and went to his cardiologists office to talk to him. I figured he wouldn't be there on Friday, but was glad to talk to his nurse. I told her it needs to be noted on his chart that I either have to be present, or on the phone when he sees the doctor, as it's all coming out how much he has been lying, and how manipulative he's been.

Then, I went to the hospital. He was much better, but still mixing up his speech sometimes. When I told him what he had done, and how he couldn't come home, I was amazed that he immediately agreed. I was expecting that to be the worst part of all this. When I told him what I said to the cardiologists nurse about his lying and being manipulative, he just calmly shook his head in agreement. When I was leaving, he asked if I'd bring him his cell phone, and I said no. Which, again surprisingly he accepted. It's like he was testing the waters, but found them too cold.

Today, he's even better, just spoke to him on the phone.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you know what this reminds me of?

The dog whisperer. It's like I've had this rottweiler in the house tearing it up, and I finally figured out how to make that "PPPSSTTT" and snapping thing to get his attention and let him know he isn't going to keep being the out of control pack leader.

That's all I have to say for now.

FYI, I'm not in a bad space, I'm very happy not to have him around for awhile, weeks I guess. There are going to be some big changes.
sozobe

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 12:35 pm
@chai2,
Whoa nelly.

Thanks for the update, lots going on for sure.

Glad that you're feeling a measure of relief (hmm, maybe not the right word). Hope things resolve in the best way possible.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 01:03 pm
@sozobe,
Thanks for the update.

I hope, all will be going the way everyone wants it to go.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 01:56 pm
Much thinking about Chai2.

Sweetie, correct me if I'm totally wrong here, but are you saying here that the Mr. has a drug problem? That's what it sounds like to me.

I went back and read your "Welcome to Wally World" thread, from January, and I saw what I hoped was a resolution to this problem... 4 months ago.

If this is a drug problem, I can't help but be REALLY ANGRY for what he has put you through, and for so very long. Oh, I wish I lived closer, so I could hug you!

Does this help at all? The "real" Boris Kitten can hug you via the Internet:

You have cats at home, right? Not a cure, NO, but all help is good help.

Sending loving thoughts your way.
Izzie

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 02:08 pm
@chai2,
listening... hearing... sending hugs too... as and when you need 'em girl. x

Glad he's in hospital. So glad you are in the right space to deal with all this. Know it still must be very difficult for you but really very pleased you'll have some respite.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 02:23 pm
glad that an impending disaster was averted, and hoping that they will be able to do whatever it takes to fix Mr.Tea -- and that he will finally fully realize his share and cooperate. Hope you're getting some rest now.