Setanta

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 02:58 pm
@DrewDad,
Nerd humor is not only entertaining, it's totally opaque to jokers like him.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:19 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

We used to do pilonidal cysts all the time when i was in the Army Medical Corps. Truck drivers, jeep drivers, tank drivers--they get 'em all the time. The army calls it "jeep riders disease." Lush Lamebrain must have sucked somebody off to get a deferment for that, it's as common as dirt in the Army.

wonder if he had to push cheney out the way to get to it? Smile
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Hey, I love the mascot. Very, very appropriate!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:29 pm
@Setanta,
So youre saying that Limbaugh's deferment was for a sore on his ass?

How dare he talk of "values" and make it sound like he is honoring our kids in uniform. I spit on him. "Ptoo"
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:44 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

This is a hillarious article comparing the current political envirnoment to "Star Wars" and the conservative who wrote it thinks the conservatives are ... the rebels. Yes the party of pre-emptive war, litmus tests and lock step voting doesn't see themselves as a clone army run by an evil emperor. They see themselves as the underdog, rag-tag army of farm boys, homeless princesses, ruffian smugglers and aliens (possibly illegal) with hearts of gold.

An excerpt from the article:

Quote:
The recent departure of Arlene Specter can be likened to the lancing of an abscess to remove the nidus of infection which is necessary for a body to be healed. Similarly, the Republican party must purge out the Republicans In Name Only (RINO) if they do not immediately repent. The “force” of the Republican party is their conservative principals, just like the Jedi Luke Skywalker, they must resist temptations away from this force.

Hillarious, indeed! But also very frightening. It reminds me of a political party that rose to power in Germany and its forceful policies of purge and purification in furtherance of their principles.

farmerman

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 04:16 pm
@Debra Law,
They will have to create a national emergency in order to.... Shocked
dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 04:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

It's my understanding that emergency rationing of long-neck Bud lite could occur before the next election cycle.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 05:32 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

farmerman wrote:

It's my understanding that emergency rationing of long-neck Bud lite could occur before the next election cycle.

i'd be willing to kick in a couple of bucks if it meant making bud lite scarce sooner.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 10:42 pm
@Debra Law,
Nothing like conservative principals to make schools run efficiently.

American universities are in trouble if spelling skills like these are enough for Dr. Tony Magana to earn a doctorate.
Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:05 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Nothing like conservative principals to make schools run efficiently.

American universities are in trouble if spelling skills like these are enough for Dr. Tony Magana to earn a doctorate.

A doctorate from Harvard! His writing is atrocious. His biography fails to tell us what he studied in those ivy halls of higher education. He says he earned a doctorate, but in what field? Is Magana a doctor in the same way that Samuel "Joe" Wurzelbacher was a plumber?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:22 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

Foofie wrote:

The Republicans will have to find another personality that the masses look up to, a la Ronald Reagan. There are a few in Hollywood. Be patient.

A Chuck Norris and Sarah Palin ticket looks promising if Joe the Plumber (who now embraces gay friends who he won't allow within a mile of his children) becomes a regular speaker at their fund raisers and campaign appearances.

Oh gosh. Things don't look so promising anymore.

GOP disaster: First Specter and now Joe the Plumber?

Quote:
Plumber, perhaps the most well-known quasi-plumber turned author turned war correspondent turned economic advisor turned political reporter turned public speaker, announced today that he " like Specter " was throwing in the towel.

Who got this exclusive? Credit TIME magazine. Nice scoop. And there’s worry that traditional journalism is dead?

Michael Grunwald reports that Plumber (we know he has another last name but Plumber is easier to spell) is “so outraged by GOP overspending, he’s quitting the party " and he’s the bull’s-eye of its target audience.”

“But he also said he wouldn’t support any cuts in defense, Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid " which, along with debt payments, would put more than two-thirds of the budget off limits,” Grunwald adds.

You can see why the GOP enlisted him to be an economic advisor a couple months ago.

Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:51 pm
Didn't Joe the Plumber also have a stint as a country western singer?

He's definitely a man of virtually unlimited non-talents.

He was recently interviewed for Christianity Today:

Quote:
In the last month, same-sex marriage has become legal in Iowa and Vermont. What do you think about same-sex marriage at a state level?

At a state level, it's up to them. I don't want it to be a federal thing. I personally still think it's wrong. People don't understand the dictionary"it's called queer. Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do"what man and woman are for. Now, at the same time, we're supposed to love everybody and accept people, and preach against the sins. I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing.

Wow. Whatever are we going to do without this man's imbecilic insights into our nation's divisive issues? The GOP will mourn his defection, or not.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 12:57 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

Didn't Joe the Plumber also have a stint as a country western singer?

He's definitely a man of virtually unlimited non-talents.

a consummate opportunist. i'd bet money that he will soon sidle up to the secessionists.

it's the new black.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:10 am
@Debra Law,
Hey Pea Brian.

Is that the best you can come up with? Joe The Plumber?

This is the man the democrats are trying to lynch because he has a different point of view than you?

Maybe one day you will get a job and you will have a better understanding of reality.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:39 am
@Thomas,

American schools and universities are controlled by the left and have been for decades.
Foofie

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:01 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

American schools and universities are controlled by the left and have been for decades.

In my opinion, there is a correlation between some of the "Beat generation" finishing their education in the late '50's, and entering academia as professors. Needless to say, many ex-Beats would not fit in, in corporate America, but some of academia seemed to accomodate them?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:24 am
@Debra Law,
Thanks for the really important piece on Joe the Plumber. I'm not sure that the GOP can recover from Joe's departure.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:11 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Where else you gonna learn engineering? at water boy school?

clown
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:13 am
@farmerman,
Code:Where else you gonna learn engineering?

Work for the rail road you tool.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:38 am
It's amazing how far the pendulum has swung with public perception. Only a few years ago the GOP was the Conservative Family Values party, but now public perception sees them as the "spend it behind your back while denying you're doing it", angry and intolerant, hypocrite party. And the more the right wing fanatics talk, the deeper they dig their own hole. The GOP is in a very nasty downward spiral.
0 Replies