Debra Law

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 04:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Prop 8 was considerably dissected in that the Gay activists for prop 8 commited a serious error in not going after the black vote and thereby, losing it by no means that would allow Buchanan to declare a "connection" that GOP could mine. The concept of "values" always presumes that the other side of your precious fence is peopled by evil no-accounts who , as atheists and libertines all, have no morals like yours.
I Havent heard that kind of **** since the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican.

It's very telling that he considers GOP exploitation of socially divisive issues to be one of the party's trump cards. It highlights the duplicity of the Bush mantra, "I'm a uniter, not a divider." It does indeed escape their comprehension that they do not control a monopoly on religion and morals.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 04:25 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

The Republicans will have to find another personality that the masses look up to, a la Ronald Reagan. There are a few in Hollywood. Be patient.

A Chuck Norris and Sarah Palin ticket looks promising if Joe the Plumber (who now embraces gay friends who he won't allow within a mile of his children) becomes a regular speaker at their fund raisers and campaign appearances.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 04:32 pm
@Debra Law,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MjdtULzbIHQ/STWj9VDNnYI/AAAAAAAABc0/6qJDKJyLdUg/s320/SUCKA+Drank+the+kool+aid+didnt+ya.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 05:14 pm
@Debra Law,
I think that theres a serious reinvention of Tom Ridge going on behind the curtains. I dont think that these deep conservatives like Jindal et al are even electable anymore, and someone like Colin Powell cant be counted on to believe the GOP bullshit anymore, ever since he was used to be Bush's messanger of WMD's to the UN.

The GOP is seriously headless. (AS you say though, their best strategy is to become i"invisibly obstructionist" to solving the problems theyve handed off . That is apparently the plan that they are unfurling.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 05:18 pm
A Newt/Rush ticket should be the tonic that rescues them.
farmerman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 05:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
NEWT, Hes tan, hes rested, hes ready .

And you get this guy for spare change
   http://www.vanityfair.com/images/politics/2009/05/rush-limbaugh-0905-01.jpg

GIVE ME YOUR CHILDREN , THEY ARE SO TENDER
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 05:31 pm
Newt's orphanages ought to be a best seller.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think that theres a serious reinvention of Tom Ridge going on behind the curtains.

and i seriously think you are right. i really couldn't figure out why they didn't put him in with mccain. that ticket would have had a very good chance of winning; and by extension lining the "real" republicans up for a possible 12-16 year oval office.

sarah palin? please.
farmerman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:15 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
WOW, you agree with me? I usually am not taken seriously because of my beanie with its propeller.
Tom Rige needs to get some cosmetic surgery so he doesnt look like HOSS CARTWRIGHT when hes on stage.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

...I usually am not taken seriously because of my beanie with its propeller...

hahaha! it's called thinking about stuff. Very Happy
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 06:24 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
It's very telling that he considers GOP exploitation of socially divisive issues to be one of the party's trump cards. It highlights the duplicity of the Bush mantra, "I'm a uniter, not a divider." It does indeed escape their comprehension that they do not control a monopoly on religion and morals.

And liberal democrats do control a monopoly on religion and morals?

For a pea brain, you think very highly of yourself.

You may want to consider everyone's personal freedom of choice, religion and morals before shoving yours in their face.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 06:32 am
@Woiyo9,
Whenever you quote debra law, you make baby Jesus cry. You shouldn't do that.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 06:56 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Quote:
...they do not control a monopoly on religion and morals.

And liberal democrats do control a monopoly on religion and morals?

For a pea brain, you think very highly of yourself.

Wait, you think that either the Democrats or the Republicans have to "control a monopoly on religion and morals" and you're calling her a pea brain?
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 07:16 am
@DrewDad,
NO POLITICAL PARTY in my view has a monopoly on any "religion and morals" which is exactly what my post implied.

You may want to dust off the old brain and read it again.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 07:40 am
@Woiyo9,
No, that's not what you implied. She said Republicans don't hold a monopoly. You then asked, "and Democrats do"? The implication being that in your "logic", one or the other must hold a monopoly.

Maybe you meant something else, but the fact is you called someone else stupid while making a fool of yourself.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:28 am
@DrewDad,
You're an idiot. She is the pea brain who implied such and you are just as dumb.

Go back to bed.
farmerman

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:43 am
@Woiyo9,
The fact that your GOP spokespeople picture the DEMS as "Godless" and "bereft of morals" does argue against your attempted point. If you dont hear your own spokesmodel Ann Coulter or Pat Buchanan, then your head must have been firmly up the old orifice for quite some time now.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:55 am
I'm not sure the Conservative fanatics represented here on this thread are a real representation of the challenges the GOP faces in retooling itself. There are always fringe elements on each side. The liberals have them too of course. So that aspect of things probably hasn't really changed much.

The problems the Conservatives and the GOP face may be somewhat related to the focus of the media on the more shrill fringe elements, but I suspect that's probably temporary. As soon as the GOP finds a new message which resonates with the mainstream of the party it'll probably come back together rather quickly. Then of course, they will need to find a few leaders who can carry the mantle with some degree of integrity, as opposed to crazies they've currently got trying to steal the limelight.

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:16 am
@rosborne979,
Tom Ridge was actully one of Pa's best governors. He accomplished a lot by crossing the aisles in his office as executive. The state got a lot accomplished and there was relative harmony between the parties.
The way that the present national GOP exists, guys like Ridge or Whitman of Jersey, dont have a chance until the party " offloads many of the extremists".
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:48 am
@farmerman,
Neither are my spokeperson, pal.

Unlike you, my opinions belong to and are formed my my interpretation of the facts.

Tools like you just follow the party. Sort of like how sheep follow the herd aimlessly.