3
   

The Paul Rand/Mitch Mc Connell Conversation!

 
 
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:41 pm
I’m really surprised the Rand Paul/Mitch McConnell taped conversation has not gotten more play in the news than it has.

Paul approaches Mc Connell in the Capitol…and whispers that he wants to speak with Mc Connell.

Mc Connell informs Paul that he “is all wired up.”

Despite the warning, Paul continues to whisper to Mc Connell…nothing spectacular, but indicative of tactics and strategy for “winning” rather than helping get the country out of the mess the Republicans have gotten it into.

At that point Mc Connell should have SHOUTED, “I am MIKED up, Paul…and that device over there is a television camera. Everything you say and everything I respond is not only being recorded…our faces and demeanor are being taped while we say it. Shut the hell up!”

But instead, Mc Connell defied both sanity and intelligence…and started whispering responses back to Paul.

To his credit, when the conversation ends, Mc Connell looks at the television camera with laughable consternation on his face.



I am not saying these guys are not fit to have significant input into the running of the most powerful nation every to exist on planet Earth; I am saying that these guys are not fit to have significant input into the running of a small town in rural America.


What a pity!
 
McGentrix
 
  -3  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 07:54 pm
Ticomaya
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
... but indicative of tactics and strategy for “winning” rather than helping get the country out of the mess the Republicans have gotten it into.

http://i.imgur.com/l8fGuYA.gif

Oh, that's rich.
Ticomaya
 
  0  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:49 pm
@Ticomaya,
Senator Barack Obama, March 20, 2006:

Quote:
Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America's debt problem.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.



Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  3  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 09:29 pm
Some people learn and grow.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:52 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE[/youtube]


And????
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:53 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
... but indicative of tactics and strategy for “winning” rather than helping get the country out of the mess the Republicans have gotten it into.

http://i.imgur.com/l8fGuYA.gif

Oh, that's rich.


I would not use the word "rich." I would say "true."

Don't you think this mess is of the Republican's making?
Ticomaya
 
  0  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Don't you think this mess is of the Republican's making?

There's plenty of blame to go around, don't you think? Or do you think the Dems have no part to play in the current "mess"?
Rockhead
 
  2  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:28 am
@Ticomaya,
which mess are we discussing...?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 07:12 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Don't you think this mess is of the Republican's making?

There's plenty of blame to go around, don't you think? Or do you think the Dems have no part to play in the current "mess"?


You are absolutely correct, Ti...there is plenty of blame to go around. The Democrats...and the American public at large share responsibility and blame (if you will) for what is happening in our country.

But the current impasse is almost exclusively a result of the most extreme element of the Republican Party trying to obtain what they could not obtain in votes in congress. They want a particular piece of legislation killed....and will gladly throw America under the bus in order to get their way.

No matter how much extra blame goes around...the current problem is almost exclusively of Republican making.

Every indication is that you are too intelligent not to see that, Ti. Why not acknowledge it?

Moment-in-Time
 
  2  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 08:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

But the current impasse is almost exclusively a result of the most extreme element of the Republican Party trying to obtain what they could not obtain in votes in congress. They want a particular piece of legislation killed....and will gladly throw America under the bus in order to get their way.


The game right-wing zealots is playing may be described as political blackmail, or as some say, political terrorism. Ted Cruz and his faction must not be allowed to use extortion to get their way. If Obama allow them this paradigm, any political faction in the future could very well use this precedent to get their way. The Affordable Health Care is the law of the land; Cruz, the Koch Brothers, the Tea Party (all one-n-the same), are throwing a hissy fit, screaming I want to revoke this law which, by the way, has been validated by the United States Supreme Court, and is determined to hold the government hostage until they get their way!

An exacting political price will be paid by the GOP. One news reporter, at a roundtable session yesterday on MSNBC, said "Ted Cruz should not walk down any dark alleyways!"
McGentrix
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 08:50 am
@Moment-in-Time,
It's the "law of the land" yet Obama has changed it 19 times since it's passage. Let's stop with the "law of land" BS as that's what it is, a giant, steaming pile of BS.
Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:00 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

It's the "law of the land" yet Obama has changed it 19 times since it's passage. Let's stop with the "law of land" BS as that's what it is, a giant, steaming pile of BS.


It is the law.

So it has been changed, but is still the law.

The Constitution has been changed...but it is still the Constitution.

In any case, if it were anywhere near the pile of BS your conservative masters have lead you to suppose it is...they would be delighted to see it fail...even if it meant kicking America in the ass in order for that to happen.

The people pulling your strings, McG...are terrified that it will work...and will remain "OBAMACARE."

That will be their legacy on this issue. That they invented the term Obamacare as an insult...and it will most likely be remembered as a compliment.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
If it's been changed 19 times, it is not so sacrosanct that it can't be changed a 20th time. That's the point Frank.

If it doesn't apply to everyone, it should apply to no one.

As far as "your conservative masters", they pale to the spit lickle that you guys keep regurgitating on this topic.
Frank Apisa
 
  6  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:19 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

If it's been changed 19 times, it is not so sacrosanct that it can't be changed a 20th time. That's the point Frank.


I do not have a problem with more changes. In fact, I want it to be stronger and more comprehensive...so I will be lobbying for changes.

But I think that should be done through the legislative process...rather than by extortion via the back door.

And that is what is being attempted here, McG.

If the liberals or Democrats were trying to make Obamacare stronger and more comprehensive using these methods...your side would be going ballistic.



Quote:
If it doesn't apply to everyone, it should apply to no one.


Once again...I have no problem with change. Let the Republicans bring another bill to the floor to end Obamacare. Let's see if it does any better than the other ones have done.

But to hold the country and the economy hostage to force this...is wrong in my opinion. And I am saying so.

Quote:
As far as "your conservative masters", they pale to the spit lickle that you guys keep regurgitating on this topic.


I doubt that the liberals are worse than the conservatives in that way, but I am not a liberal, so it is questionable that any of that nonsense applies to me.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
If the Dems want to exert their majority in the Senate by never bringing the house bills up for a vote, then the Reps should be fully entitled to use their majority in the House to hold onto the purse strings. There is no hostage taking here beyond Democrat rhetoric.

You have no problems with change, unless it is wanted by the Republicans, right?
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:37 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

If the Dems want to exert their majority in the Senate by never bringing the house bills up for a vote, then the Reps should be fully entitled to use their majority in the House to hold onto the purse strings. There is no hostage taking here beyond Democrat rhetoric.


Apparently you are blind to the "hostage taking" aspect of this maneuver...so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Quote:

You have no problems with change, unless it is wanted by the Republicans, right?


I have no problem with Republican change either, McG. Where are you getting this from???

I just want them to do it through the legislative process...rather than using this back door method.

If the Democrats were using this method to strengthen and expand Obamacare...your side would be going ape...and you know it.

C'mon.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Do you at least acknowledge the fact that no bill that the House passes regarding the ACA will even be brought to the floor for a vote in the Senate?

Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:54 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Do you at least acknowledge the fact that no bill that the House passes regarding the ACA will even be brought to the floor for a vote in the Senate?




Not during the current session. I am not willing to go on record for future sessions.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Do you at least acknowledge the fact that no bill that the House passes regarding the ACA will even be brought to the floor for a vote in the Senate?




Not during the current session. I am not willing to go on record for future sessions.


Then how do you expect "them to do it through the legislative process...rather than using this back door method."? That path is not open, so they have looked for and found a different path.
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » The Paul Rand/Mitch Mc Connell Conversation!
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2019 at 08:24:30