rosborne979

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 07:56 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
That's a distinct possibility. Who with an ounce of brains would want to be associated in the public mind with Rush, or Palin or Hannity, or any of the rest of the shrill rabble-rousers?

In politics timing is everything. So I think the real leaders of the GOP are just waiting for the right moment to step back into the spotlight. I think they like to see which direction the herd is going to move before they rush to get back in front of it and pretend that they told everyone where to go.

Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
. . . And you get this guy for spare change
   http://www.vanityfair.com/images/politics/2009/05/rush-limbaugh-0905-01.jpg

we can get him for spare change? I think not. He was recently bragging about his $400 million contract with Clear Channel Communications to a room full of rich donors to the conservative movement. With his pockets stuffed full of money, he also mocked the recession even though millions of people have lost their jobs. Included among those who have lost their jobs are 3,000 people who have been laid off by Clear Channel Communications. They didn't choose to participate in the recession, but they were forced to anyway.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/05/05/limbaugh-mocks-recession/
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:58 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
. . . IS The GOP , in its present form, a dinosaur?

. . . WHo's running their store?

Perhaps their favorite pollster and architect of redefining words/concepts is running the store. He has handed out a new memo filled with talking points to help the GOP frame their oogedy-boogedy message starting with Luntz Tip No. 1: Scare people. Especially about their children.

Quote:
Politicians in Washington often speak with their own vocabulary. If they're Republicans, Frank Luntz helped write their dictionary. The influential GOP pollster and language guru has had a hand in framing the party's message since 1994's Contract with America, persuading Republicans to drop terms like "estate tax" and "oil drilling" in favor of the far more message-friendly "death tax" and "energy exploration" among other rebrandings. His latest project: the health-care debate. Relying on polling and "instant response dial sessions," Luntz penned a 28-page memo, leaked to Politico, giving Republicans the soundbites designed to spin them to victory. (See five truths about health care in America.)

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1896597,00.html

How many GOP politicians are now quoting from Luntz' playbook?

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 10:44 am
@rosborne979,
That reminds me of Pink Floyd . . .

Forward! he cried, from the rear
And the front rank died . . .
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 10:58 am
@Setanta,
The liberal left makes up the front rank.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 10:59 am
That was pathetic.

We expect no less from you. Did your parents have any children who made it past kindergarten?
engineer

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:11 am
@Debra Law,
This is a hillarious article comparing the current political envirnoment to "Star Wars" and the conservative who wrote it thinks the conservatives are ... the rebels. Yes the party of pre-emptive war, litmus tests and lock step voting doesn't see themselves as a clone army run by an evil emperor. They see themselves as the underdog, rag-tag army of farm boys, homeless princesses, ruffian smugglers and aliens (possibly illegal) with hearts of gold.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:21 am
@Setanta,
A better question would be if they had any children with external genitalia.
Setanta

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:40 am
@DrewDad,
Or two brain cells to rub together . . .
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 12:00 pm
@Setanta,

You're the pathetic one, did your parents have any kids that lived?
Woiyo9

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 12:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
He post the picture of his mom.,
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 12:47 pm
Great level of discussion you guys have sunk to.

In that vein, I present you the new mascot for the GOP -

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/Gopasaur_xlg.gif

Give a big welcome to Nono, the GOPasaur.

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 12:51 pm
@Setanta,
He's a braincell short of a synapse.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:02 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

How many GOP politicians are now quoting from Luntz' playbook?

not as many as are now quoting from rush limbaugh's. those guys are all scared to death of him.

it's too ironic. the guys that have been running around yelling about killing terrorists and how weak liberals are, how "nobody is gonna take my guns", are soiling their shorts in fear a morbidly obese, draft dodging, narcotics addict.

how am i supposed to take them serious?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:07 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
The funny part is how indignant our resident Righties were when we all suggested a few months back that Limbaugh was the real leader of their party. You don't see much denial of it anymore.

Cycloptichorn
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The funny part is how indignant our resident Righties were when we all suggested a few months back that Limbaugh was the real leader of their party. You don't see much denial of it anymore.

Cycloptichorn

has rush ever actually said what he is in favor of??
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:43 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Pie.

Rush is in favor of pie, all flavors of pie.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:44 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Sure - Oxycontin and not being drafted due to a pilonidal cyst. Laughing

Cycloptichorn
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Sure - Oxycontin and not being drafted due to a pilonidal cyst. Laughing

i actually had one of those when i was 17. hurt like hell. so i go to the doctor, he lances it, i'm out there in under a half hour.

went back to work the same day. but i'm the liberal pussy, right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 02:57 pm
We used to do pilonidal cysts all the time when i was in the Army Medical Corps. Truck drivers, jeep drivers, tank drivers--they get 'em all the time. The army calls it "jeep riders disease." Lush Lamebrain must have sucked somebody off to get a deferment for that, it's as common as dirt in the Army.