MY MEDICAL SCHOOL FRIEND WANTS TO JOIN THIS FORUM!!

yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:03 am
Hello, hope you remember me. Yesterday I posted a post about me liking my medical school friend and I told you everything about him. Thanks for your advice. This morning I told my friend about this forum and now he wants to join the forum. He would like to get more information in different things, for example, philosophy, agriculture, politics, he is really into all these things.

I am so depressed right now, last night my friend told me that he sees me like a sister. He went on and on talking about his exgirlfriend about how they used to talk for hours. I still ask him questions about things he used to do with his exgirlfriend. They used to have tremendously of fun together. My friend is a very intelligent person and so attractive. It just blows my mind away. Too bad he is in love with his exgirlfriend. I want to get more information from him about his exgirlfriend becaue I would like to contact her. I would like to talk to her, but I am afraid it's only going to make me realize that she is a good person with an extraordinary personality. My friend has told me all this nice things about her and how he is still in love with her. Maybe all of you are right, I cannot compete with his exgirlfriend. But I would like to act like her, talk like her, laugh like her. Maybe he will like me. He ALWAYS tells me that she is very intelligent for her age ALWAYS. He loves her immensely. Should I try to laugh like her, talk like her, etc.?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:15 am
@yoyo100,
yoyo100 wrote:
more I want to get more information from him about his exgirlfriend becaue I would like to contact her. <snip> But I would like to act like her, talk like her, laugh like her.

you do realize that this makes you seem a bit unwell
0 Replies

yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:17 am
I like the guy, if you would get to spend just five minutes with him you would be the same way.
0 Replies

yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:34 am
If only his exgirlfriend could hear him talk all these nice things about her. She would be in heaven. I am always going to envy her. I don't know how else to put it.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:44 am
@yoyo100,
Quote:
But I would like to act like her, talk like her, laugh like her.

I gotta agree with ehBeth. If I were he and read this, I would run as fast as I could away from you.

All you can do is be yourself. There is no point trying to be someone or something else. Be his friend. Eventually, he will get over the ex and then maybe he will "fall" for you. Who knows?

yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:08 am
@CoastalRat,
This has been going on for a little over three years now, and he still has the same feelings for her, if not I would even say he loves her more. As he is always telling me, he is never going to get over his exgirlfriend, she was a very special person in his life. She still is. He is madly deeply in love with her.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:19 am
@yoyo100,
Quote:
This has been going on for a little over three years now, and he still has the same feelings for her, if not I would even say he loves her more. As he is always telling me, he is never going to get over his exgirlfriend, she was a very special person in his life. She still is. He is madly deeply in love with her.

In other words this guy is unavailable. In some cases the unavailable can be stolen, IE have their heart taken against their will, but this does not seem to be an option for you. There is not much harm in pining for a guy that you can not have, but why do you do it? Is it that you are afraid to be in a relationship? Do you think that you don't deserve a guy? Something else?
0 Replies

yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:19 am
@yoyo100,
My friend just told me that he wants to join this forum to talk with doctors if there are any and to talk about his LOVE. I cannot believe this. He wants to tell everybody how he still loves his exgirlfriend.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:43 am
@yoyo100,
You are not in love with this man, you are obsessed with him. It's not healthy for either of you. It seems he loves his ex-girlfriend as much as you think you love him. You need to move on or get professional help to help you move on.
Maybe you can a group discount rate from a relationship counselor to try and solve this problem.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:01 pm
@yoyo100,
yoyo100 wrote:

My friend just told me that he wants to join this forum to talk with doctors if there are any and to talk about his LOVE. I cannot believe this. He wants to tell everybody how he still loves his exgirlfriend.

Dr. Chai here.

Tell him to come on and we can talk about his LOVE in the way that only doctors can understand.

We can insert all kinds of doctor phrases into our conversation, like medulla oblongata and emisis basin and how his metastatic longings can be ablated.
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:30 pm
@yoyo100,
My alter ego is Professor BillyBob. Since I be the smartest clown south of the Mississippi, I'm sure I kin help him git over this here addiction to his ex. It may take something called shock therapy that I done read about the other day in one a them thar fancy magazines, but I'm sure I kin help. In the mostest extreme case, I may have to transplant his brain with a possum brain jest as soon as I can find a right smart possum so's he can still read and such.

You jest let me know cause I's sure I kin help him. Honest. Now whar did I put them thar brain taker outers? I knows I put them around here somewhere.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:52 pm

WELCOME to the forum, to Dr. Friend !
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:01 pm
Ok this is just too weird - at first I was trying to be helpful - because it sounded like you needed to vent. I just recently went through a venting session here and it helped. But this is beyond venting even to some one crazy like me.
yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:13 pm
@Linkat,
That's how I am feeling, I want him to forget about her, but he won't. He loves her too much.
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:33 pm
@yoyo100,
OK, does this really sound like me? Please some one answer
yoyo100

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:43 pm
I am wondering what kind of things he is going to post about her.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 03:37 pm
@Linkat,
I honestly can't tell the two of you apart, anymore.
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 03:55 pm
@DrewDad,
And you consider a dog trouble!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:19 pm
@Linkat,
(no, not at all, linkat)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:22 pm
@yoyo100,
Either you are putting us on, yoyo, or you do need some counseling for your problem.