osso and her eyes, again

roger

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:01 am
@ossobuco,
Sorry to hear about both the eye and the refrigerator.
Roberta

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:02 am
@roger,
Me too.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:11 pm
Lots of refrigerators on Albuquerque Craig's List ranging from $50 up to $700.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/search/app?query=refrigerator

You might be able to find something in the Albuquerque Freecycle list too. Freecycle.org
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Well f^@k a duck.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:26 pm
<shaking head>

Sorry, Osso.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:27 pm
Hope it all works out.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:28 pm
@littlek,
Bummer. I hope to hear better news soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:30 pm
On the eye, I spoke with Doc No.1 Monday and he/we agree I'll need the eye op again. I'm less depressed about that than I was. My visual field test hasn't changed re RP, which is good, and the eye pressures are great, also good.

Remember the story about my wanting benches for patients and visitors and my talking to the doc via email about that? I never did follow up on it due to lazyassness, but I have the name of the 'facilities' guy, and plan to reconnoiter inside the hospital on another visit, re benches. So, meantime, suddenly there is a forest of benches outside. (I didn't mean that many). So, Monday I asked the doc if he had somehow run into the facilities guy and mentioned benches, and he said no. So, it's a bench miracle... we had a good laugh.. Actually, I think it's a function of continuing landscaping changes to the hospital area, of which I greatly approve (and I'm a stern critic of some landscaping efforts).

On the fridge, I've bought used ones several times in my life, and once I traded a pastel of a horse for a cheesy old refrigerator - but this time I wanted a new one, but a cheap new one. Which arrived today. It's not as fancy pantsy as the defunct one had been, and is quite a bit smaller, but is way more energy efficient.

So, today is a good day.
Roberta

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:44 pm
@ossobuco,
osso, If you say that today is a good day, who am I to disagree. Bummer about the eye op (big time). But glad to hear about the refrigerator. Enjoy the coolth.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:06 pm
Saw surgeon number 2 (the eyelid one) today, and we're not going to do another surgery, unless, she says, I strongly want it sometime in the future.

Most lids are fixable by the surgery she already did back in May. She said there were a few reasons it might not have done the job. She might not have shortened the 'muscle' enough, I said no, I was awake in the surgery and know that it worked right at that time from her comments as she observed the eye, and she agreed. The muscle may be impaired by the long term inflammation caused by my blepharitis in that eye, and in that case, doing the surgery again wouldn't improve things. Further, I have a low brow, that is, the brow has sunken with age, and that is also impacting on the lid structure. To change the brow is a big deal surgery - one has to lift the whole thing, like a face lift. A big surgery to do, given the muscle itself may be impaired, and big to do in any case.

Further, any surgery has risks, and with my left eye, that includes that the blepharitis may get worse.... plus many other risks that are usual to eye surgery. Another eye surgery would be my seventh.
So, on the basis of "do no harm", we're not going there. I'm relieved, as I was feeling "I don't want to do this" for about a month now.
I look a little peculiar, but I'm used to that now - I'm just glad to see at all, and still thrilled by the success of the December surgery on the other eye.

End of the saga. (I hope.)
Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:54 pm
@ossobuco,
I hope so too, osso.

As I've said more than once. Enough is enough. Glad you can see. That's numero uno in my book.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:09 pm
@Roberta,
Oops, doh, I meant I saw her yesterday. (What a good woman...)

and, yes, enough already.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:24 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, you are able to think things out in such a way that you don't get hysterical when one path doesn't work out.

It's too bad we both didn't feel like going to lunch afterward. Maybe the heat has us in a blah kind of mood.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:39 pm
@Diane,
We'll make up for that with renewed vigor. Thank you for being with me, love.

On me, my doctor's view gave me a break, as I was feeling that way to start with, as in 'I don't wanna'. I'd been going to brave it if she was strongly positive on doing it again.
I think since I last saw her, a few days post surgery, she had decided for sure that going there was a poor move.
Izzie

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 05:00 am
@ossobuco,
Hey Osso

so sorry all didn't work out as planned with your eye - but glad the surgery, for now, is at a halt. Do take care. x

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:03 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the update. That sounds like a good doctor, glad you have her. Also glad for the break, I get that. As long as you can see....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 05:04 pm
Osso, I just discovered this thread/update. I agree with you strategy for the moment. Enjoy what you've got. Good luck.
Love, J
Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi, brave lady. Just got this update on My Posts.
The very best to you, and your eyes. Sure is good to like and respect the doctor.

pem
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Just make sure you wear dark sunglasses when you're out - the bright NM sun can
be very unforgiving.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 06:00 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yeh, in these months I wear dark glasses over dark glasses with a hat.

But I'm still a happy kid re the December surgery. Vision is glorious.