Limbaugh is toast!

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 09:29 pm
Eva<

Congratulations!

You'll soon be $50 richer, just in time for a little holiday shopping.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 11:47 pm
Do you mean to say he's already claiming this? I expected him to wait 'til he got out of rehab so he could hold a big press conference.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 04:26 pm
Eva<

No, I have not heard anything about Rush's post-rehab.

I do know from personal experience, however, that the last step in a recovery program for alcoholics reads like this:

Quote:
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
- -Alcoholics Anonymous, (c)Alcoholics Anonymous Word Services, Inc., New York City, 1976, p. 60.

I am assuming that Rush will be practicing the 12 Steps of Narcotics Anonymous once he leaves rehab. The step quoted above is used by the NA program, except that the word "addicts" replaces the word "alcoholics."

What better way for Rush to practice the step (above) than to "carry the message" to his millions of listeners? He will have to have the "spiritual awakening" which in Rush's case probably will mean adding a large dose of spirituality to his radio program.

Despite my disagreement with his political views, I hope Rush will successfully recover from his addiction to pain killers. Let's all pray that he will!

As for any legal charges that may result from his addiction, the proper authorities will judge Rush appropriately.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:33 am
Top Ten Signs Rush Limbaugh Might Not Be Ready To Come Back To Work (thanks, Dave)

10. "Accidentally" falls down stairs 2, 3 times a day to get the pain pills

9. Named his two new puppies "Oxy" and "Contin"

8. Keeps going up to the roof to see if he can fly like that guy from "The Matrix"

7. Thoroughly enjoyed last night's "Becker"

6. He's currently following Phish around the Pacific northwest

5. Responds to all callers, "Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty"

4. Could swear he saw sheep being herded down Broadway

3. Yesterday he did a three hour show into the drive-thru speaker at Jack in the Box

2. These days, only 80% blowhard

1. Released amateur sex video making love to himself
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:51 pm
I have heard on CBS Radio News that Rush is now out of rehab. He is to resume his show on Nov. 16.

The news reporter cleverly added that Florida authorities may have something different in mind for Rush. :wink:
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:36 pm
17th, will. Tomorrow.

On the eve of Rush's return to the air, a psychologist examines the Dittohead mindset.

Under Florida state law, if Rush had bought just 208 OxyContins (each of which weighs 135 mg, and in FL you count the filler along with the drug, which is genius, addressing as it does America's War On Gelatin), which would surely be the case with a habit lasting several years... Rush is looking at 25 years mandatory, assuming the law will be applied to him the same way it is to other people.

Oh, and not counting another possible 20 years federal.

And so, millions of Americans are now eager to tune in to hear a drug addict with racist tendencies defending an AWOL, fraudulently elected President (who was convicted of DUI) over false statements, broken promises, and unnecessary war -- as a way to make themselves feel morally superior.

My head is hurting again...
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:42 am
Yep, toast. Sounds like he's really lost it.

Quote:
On his broadcast Monday, Limbaugh denied he was guilty of any hypocrisy in his attitudes toward drug crimes.

"I was a drug addict from about 1996, 1995 or whatever, to just five weeks ago," he said. "The truth of the matter is I avoided the subject of drugs on this program for the precise reason that I was keeping a secret."

He called the experience of rehabilitation probably the most educational five weeks about himself that he had ever spent.

"I have to admit that I am powerless over this addiction that I have," he said. "I used to think I could beat it with force of will. I used to think that I would be different, but I'm not."
He profusely thanked his audience for standing by him and said he came to realize how important his program was to him.

I find it strange that so many people (in the media, other sites, etc) who argue for compassion for those suffering from addiction are so eager to see Rush suffer just because he himself was not compassionate for addicts in the past. Sad. Maybe this experience will change his attitudes regarding drug laws, etc. Would that be a bad thing?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:45 am
Rezman
Rezman, welcome to Able2Know; glad to have you here.

Re Rush, one can only hope he might have a more understanding attitude now that his secrete has been exposed by others.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:51 am
Re: Rezman
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Rezman, welcome to Able2Know; glad to have you here.

Re Rush, one can only hope he might have a more understanding attitude now that his secrete has been exposed by others.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Thanks.

Despite being an evil right-wing hatemonger, I'm also a recovering addict with 8 years of sobriety. Rush may have been exposed, but he chose the right course of action after that. Now he has a big choice to make every single day. I don't think he can help having a somewhat changed attitude, not only from his own experience, but also by his exposure to the experiences of others from the rehab center.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:51 am
Conversely, I find it interesting and somehow satisfying that the ultra right who condemn and show no mercy or compassion for drug addicts under any circumstances now rush (no pun intended) to forgive, understand, make excuses for and shower Limbaugh with love.

This shows what anyone with a brain already knows about the ultra right...they have no ideals or values or sense of fair play, they merely support their team mates for the purpose of being on the winning side.
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:00 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Conversely, I find it interesting and somehow satisfying that the ultra right who condemn and show no mercy or compassion for drug addicts under any circumstances now rush (no pun intended) to forgive, understand, make excuses for and shower Limbaugh with love.

I show no mercy for drug addicts who do not accept help when offered, and those who harm their children or spouses in the pursuit of their addiction. I make no excuses for Rush. I do understand his circumstances, because I have been there.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
This shows what anyone with a brain already knows about the ultra right...they have no ideals or values or sense of fair play, they merely support their team mates for the purpose of being on the winning side.

See, now you're just slipping into rhetorical nonsense. Try not to get hurt.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:11 am
How do you figure?

For the sake of total fairness I will add the words "majority of" to ultra right, since you are obviously a person of principle.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:12 am
Rezman
Rezman, I hope Rush is able to overcome his addiction.

In response to your comment: "I don't think he can help having a somewhat changed attitude, not only from his own experience, but also by his exposure to the experiences of others from the rehab center."

This is the third time Rush has been in rehab and the first two month-long sessions didn't change his attituted about other drug addicts until his own was exposed by others.

BBB
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:38 am
Re: Rezman
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Rezman, I hope Rush is able to overcome his addiction.

In response to your comment: "I don't think he can help having a somewhat changed attitude, not only from his own experience, but also by his exposure to the experiences of others from the rehab center."

This is the third time Rush has been in rehab and the first two month-long sessions didn't change his attituted about other drug addicts until his own was exposed by others.

BBB

We don't know what kind of centers he checked himself into previously. I would bet they were pain-management clinics or the like. People do not like to admit they have a problem, and are not likely to take the drastic step of drug rehab if they are not ready to admit they are powerless.
I personally know several successful people who got bogged down by similar addictions. They tried many things over many years to stop, until they realized they needed more help. And every time, it was not until they were exposed by others.
Even if it WAS rehab he went into previously - unless he was ready to admit he was powerless, it wasn't going to work.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:49 am
Rezman
Rezman, I think you are correct about the difficulty of overcoming addiction. Some addictive substances are more difficult to overcome than others. Barbituate-type pain medication is one of the toughies, right up there with nicotin, which rates #1 on the difficulty list.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:54 am
Addictive drugs ratings
Addictive drugs ratings:

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/addiction/addiction_journal1.shtml
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 12:33 pm
Re: Addictive drugs ratings
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Cool. I beat number 100, number 81, number 68, number 21, and two of the number 18s. So how about food? I'm currently addicted to ice cream. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 02:45 pm
The latest findings is that people who are addicted to alcohol are also addicted to sugar. Alcohol sugar does go directly into the bloodstream for that quick fix. It's the sedative quality of the alcohol that's the problem. Myself, I like the No Sugar ice creams. Since I curb my carbs as well, I can eat the fat!
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 12:56 am
Re: Addictive drugs ratings
Rezman wrote:

I'm currently addicted to ice cream.

Rezman<

I share your addiction to ice cream. Unlike Lightwizard, however, the sugar-free flavors actually cause my stomach to churn resulting in numerous trips to the bathroom.

Fat-free ice cream is best for me. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 10:29 am
White Bigot Inmates With Extra Radio Privileges Rejoice!
White Bigot Inmates With Extra Radio Privileges Rejoice!
Mark Morford

In his first broadcast after undergoing rehab for many years of addiction to painkillers, Rush Limbaugh reassured his radio listeners Monday that he hadn't been turned into a "linguini-spined liberal," and that he was still the exact same hate-churning slurm-snortin' blob of desperately narrow-minded pudding he ever was, except without the slightly hyperactive quiver in his voice that indicated his heaving slab of a body was right at that moment swimming in an ocean of Vicodin that was scouring his brain and dousing his soul in a wash of numbing self-righteous blather no one of any substance actually cared much about. Limbaugh, the radio dreamsicle of ten million terrified white men, exited last Wednesday from what he called "five intense weeks" of treatment for his addiction, which involved lots of hours of Rush sitting off in a corner with a giant stuffed teddy bear with a photo of Ronny Reagan stuck on the head, rocking back and forth and ranting about universal health care and why he keeps having these intense dreams of being licked all over by the defensive line of the Washington Redskins.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2003/11/17/financial1547EST0188.DTL&nl=fix
0 Replies