Limbaugh is toast!

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 12:48 pm
Why didn't Limbaugh's physicians help his kick the addiction
The main question I have is why didn't Limbaugh's physicians help him kick his drug addiction?

I know it's hard for celebrities to participate in public self-help programs if they want to keep their identity secrete. But his doctor's could have weaned him off the drugs. Its done all the time for long-time pain patients who become addicted to pain killers.

There is something fishy about this whole thing that we don't know anything about yet.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 12:49 pm
BBB, there are also a lot of corrupt doctors who turn a blind eye for a little $$$. Also, the maid, it seems, was hooking up Rush, so she probably knew people.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:08 pm
All I can say is...

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:12 pm
cav
cav, I know about such doctors. But if Limbaugh had wanted to get rid of his drug reliance, all he had to do is to ask his physicians to wean him from the drug. There would be no shame in that. In fact, his physicians may have been negligent in not realizing Limbaugh needed their help. To not have followed that path makes me wonder if the drugs had become Limbaugh's best friend, closer than his physicians.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:22 pm
Actually, what he needed to do was to tell himself he didn't need the drugs anymore. The doctors were not Rush's keepers. Had he told them, maybe they would have suggested something, but let's keep in mind, he was buying ILLEGAL perscription drugs, through his MAID, which indicates to me he had no intention of giving up his addiction, although he felt perfectly fine preaching about shipping drug addicts out of the country, and denying kids education if convicted of drug felonies. Whatever...that fat hypocrite. I hope they throw the book at him.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:23 pm
I should mention, Rush had no medical reason for the drugs he was taking, hence the illegal route.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:28 pm
I don't think him saying McNabb was overrated because the media wants a black QB to succeed is very racist. What if it's true? He wasn't putting anyone down.
Very overblown.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:34 pm
If someone were taking oxy what ever it is, enough to addict him, large doses (daily I presume) wouldn't he sound zonked? He sounds okay.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:38 pm
Rush's public statement was that he was not aware of any investigation going on about the allegations. Never once did he confirm or deny his pill-popping.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:43 pm
He may have a condition that we don't know about that caused him to need pain pills. When did he have that implant and is that a painful proceedure?

Just asking. Not supporting his alleged illegal puchase of drugs.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:56 pm
Story is, the deafness may have actually been caused by the pills he was taking....and this 'special treatment' wasn't anything more than a drug-addled holiday, but that of course, is all just conjecture at this point.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 05:08 pm
Limbaugh is a BLT on toast...heavy on the B, at the risk of repeating myself......
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 05:24 pm
Just trying to figure out how a guy like that would become addicted then let it go on-- Possibly for years!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:23 pm
Because people like that think they're superior to the rest of us, and that blinds them to their own faults, fealola. And I've heard enough of Limbaugh to know he can rationalize ANYTHING.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:24 pm
BTW, why is sozobe running a survey in the ad above? Or am I the only one seeing that?
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:13 am
Addiction to narcotic painkillers is not something someone plans, nor is it something the addict will own up to. Indeed, denial is part of the addiction process.

What is curious about the Limbaugh drug story is that news accounts have him purchasing more than 4,000 pills. Surely he didn't use all of these himself. There must be other people involved.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:00 am
Eva wrote:
BTW, why is sozobe running a survey in the ad above? Or am I the only one seeing that?

I've seen that too!! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 12:22 pm
Alls ya got to do is sign over your firstborn (in my case I swung a sweet deal to sign over my yet-to-be-conceived second born, since I have this sentimental attachment to the sozlet) and Craven will put you up there, too.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:30 am
Wha? Shocked
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:40 pm
Question
0 Replies