Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 04:30 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
there is no conceivable way the Tgiving shootings were self defense. they were gun murder, and that is not a civil liberty.

That's why the courts do not strike down laws against murder.

The fact that laws against murder are constitutionally valid does not change the reality that your efforts to outlaw pistol grips violate the Constitution.

MontereyJack wrote:
so your cavil is pure nonsense.

"That it is wrong to violate people's civil liberties (especially for no reason)" is neither cavil nor nonsense.

MontereyJack wrote:
The problem, which you refuse to recognize is that guns while they may be used for self defense, tho usually that's not what they are used for, but are also extremely good at committing murder, and that is in fact what they are far too often used for.

That isn't a fact. But more importantly, it wouldn't be relevant even if it had been a fact.

People have the right to have guns that are suitable for self defense. Period. Any downsides to that gun ownership are of zero relevance.

MontereyJack wrote:
You seem to have no interest in cutting down the body count,

Your efforts at outlawing pistol grips have nothing to do with trying to reduce any body counts. And preventing you from outlawing pistol grips does nothing to further any body counts.

MontereyJack wrote:
and that's why you fail in your arguments, which are wildly immoral, as are those of the thugs at the NRA> q.e.d.

False premise. My arguments do not fail. Neither are they immoral.

The NRA's arguments as well neither fail nor are immoral.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2022 05:28 am
@oralloy,
ten years and you still think it's about pistol grips. sheer blind stupidity.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2022 06:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
When you try to pass a law against pistol grips, that's about pistol grips.

Laws against pistol grips will always be about pistol grips.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2022 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
Try to rocus. Laws about banning weapons as these ka=in fact sopecifically
do are about banning=g WEAPONS, not the grips on them. Do try to not be totally inane.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2022 09:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Repeating your repeatedly-debunked word games does not change anything.

"Banning a weapon whenever it has a pistol grip on it" is "banning pistol grips on that weapon."
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 03:14 am
@oralloy,
THE LAWS BAN WEAPONS, NOT GRIPS. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED ASSAULKT WEAPON BANS, NOT PISTOL GRIPS BANS.. MAINTAINING OTHERWISE IS SAHEER TROKLLERY. And there are quute legitimate and overwhelming reaspons for those bans, which hakve been often repeated and accepted, no matter what your personal opinion is.. Amd yuu have NEVER debunked those reasons. You are living in your personal fantasy land.
oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 04:09 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
THE LAWS BAN WEAPONS, NOT GRIPS.

Repeating your debunked word game is never going to change anything.

"Banning a weapon whenever it has a pistol grip on it" is "banning pistol grips on that weapon."

MontereyJack wrote:
THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED ASSAULT WEAPON BANS, NOT PISTOL GRIPS BANS..

The reason why progressives call them assault weapons bans is because progressives always lie.

Actual assault weapons were banned 36 years ago.

MontereyJack wrote:
MAINTAINING OTHERWISE IS SHEER TROKLLERY.

Telling the truth is not trolling.

Progressives wish that they could drag truth tellers away and disappear us like they did under the rule of their hero Stalin. But they can't.

MontereyJack wrote:
And there are quite legitimate and overwhelming reasons for those bans, which have been often repeated and accepted, no matter what your personal opinion is..

Except for the fact that progressives think that it is fun to violate people's civil liberties, no one has ever put forward any other reason whatsoever for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

I've repeatedly asked progressives if they can produce any other reason. To this date no one has ever been able to come up with a different reason for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

MontereyJack wrote:
And you have NEVER debunked those reasons.

Be serious now. I can hardly debunk something that has never even been put forward.

MontereyJack wrote:
You are living in your personal fantasy land.

Everything that I say is true. It is you who keeps perpetually posting falsehoods.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 06:01 pm
Canada has had 11 school shooting deaths. Not this week, this month or this year. In its history.

In Australia - NONE.

So keep telling yourselves that you've got so much more freedom (it's crap, but keep telling yourselves regardless).
But don't forget to go to the memorials, and remember all those children who gave their lives for your right to own a dick replacement you pathetic losers.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 06:54 pm
@Wilso,
You paying attention, oralloy?,
oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 06:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
Of course. Going to respond in a few minutes. (Presuming the thread remains unlocked.Neutral)

I notice that Wilso is only capable of childish name-calling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 07:03 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
Canada has had 11 school shooting deaths. Not this week, this month or this year. In its history.

So what?

Wilso wrote:
In Australia - NONE.

So what again?

Wilso wrote:
So keep telling yourselves that you've got so much more freedom (it's crap, but keep telling yourselves regardless).

Progressives hate the truth, and hate people who tell the truth, but no. Facts are never crap.

Wilso wrote:
But don't forget to go to the memorials, and remember

I have no intention of doing any such thing. You don't get to tell me what to do.

Wilso wrote:
all those children who gave their lives for your right to own

My right to have guns does not harm a single child.

Wilso wrote:
a dick replacement you pathetic losers.

You engage in childish name-calling because you are not capable of using either facts or logic.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 07:34 pm
Two weeks ago some guy here was walking around with his assault weapon thinking he was exercising his Texas state right to "open carry," alarming and concerning people in the neighborhoods he was walking in.

Armed man walking on streets frightens El Paso residents

Last Friday he was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

Armed man who alarmed El Paso residents is arrested, charged with disorderly conduct

Frigging gun psycho.

What's worse is the incidences of road rage involving firearms has increased tremendously after Texas passed its ridiculous licenseless and open carry laws.
oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 07:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Will he be challenging these charges?

Why do you call it an assault weapon? I didn't see any mention of the gun's capabilities.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 08:28 pm
@oralloy,
He probably will be challenging the charges.

From the pictures and online commentary, it looks like an AR-15.
oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 10:00 pm
@InfraBlue,
An AR-15 is only an assault weapon if it has full-auto capability. Most AR-15s do not.

Maybe someday that will change, if we get the courts to expand coverage of the Second Amendment to include weapons that are suitable for repelling a foreign invasion.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2022 12:56 pm
@oralloy,
I didn't say assault rifle, I said assault weapon, those that were banned through the 1994 Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Act.

We need to ban these weapons for good, limit the amount of guns possessable by individuals, and establish a national gun registry.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2022 02:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
And stop them from making the bullets for these things.
InfraBlue wrote:

I didn't say assault rifle, I said assault weapon, those that were banned through the 1994 Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Act.

We need to ban these weapons for good, limit the amount of guns possessable by individuals, and establish a national gun registry.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2022 03:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know you hate the Constitution and think that it's fun to violate people's civil liberties, but the answer is no. America will never allow you to do this.

You should come up with a different hobby besides violating people's civil liberties for fun. I recommend that you take up knitting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2022 03:54 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I didn't say assault rifle, I said assault weapon,

Same thing.

InfraBlue wrote:
those that were banned through the 1994 Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Act.

That law did not outlaw assault weapons. It outlawed ordinary hunting rifles.

You will need to pay massive compensation for the atrocity that you committed before I ever give support to any new gun laws.

InfraBlue wrote:
We need to ban these weapons for good,

There is nothing good about you violating people's civil liberties for fun, and we certainly have no need to do such a thing. And we will not do such a thing.

InfraBlue wrote:
limit the amount of guns possessable by individuals,

Unconstitutional.

InfraBlue wrote:
and establish a national gun registry.

We've had that for more than 50 years now. That's what a Form 4473 is.
BillW

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2022 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
A lot of people do not realize the harm a 5.56mm bullet does. It is not a round for hunting due to damage it does to the bone and meat!