@oralloy,
the only logic you use is il-
hightor

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2021 05:02 am
Baby dies in ‘tragic’ shooting by three-year-old brother, Houston police say
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 06:22 am
It's good to see that the same circle jerk is still taking place, it's like I never left. 1 year later and the same stupid arguments and counter arguments and name calling are the same. For senior citizens, you all behave like children. You all deserve each other and the circular hell you have created. Enjoy, I'll be back in a year and see what hasn't changed.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 09:22 am
@Baldimo,
You have not been missed.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 02:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Please don't bother. We want miss you.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:12 am

what's wrong with this picture?

https://iili.io/qmHsOQ.jpg
BillW

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 08:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

what's wrong with this picture?

'Month' s/b 'Decade' or even 'Score' how about '4 Score'
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 02:15 am

https://iili.io/qpflSt.jpg
revelette3

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 10:51 am
Supreme Court takes up major Second Amendment case

Quote:
In an unsigned order, the justices took up a bid by two gun owners and a New York affiliate of the National Rifle Association to challenge the state's denial of their applications for concealed carry licenses for self-defense.

I agree we need gun reform, bad, however, I don't agree people shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves. For me it hasn't anything to do with the antiquated 2nd amendment and more to do with a plain right to defend yourself. Why are people so extreme?
revelette3

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 10:52 am
@RABEL222,
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 05:34 am
Video Shows NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Failing to Kill Elephant at Point-Blank Range

Quote:
In 2013, the National Rifle Association paid for a working vacation for its CEO Wayne LaPierre to shoot elephants in Africa for a TV series called “Under Wild Skies,” which aimed to promote the organization among hunters and to show off LaPierre’s skill with a firearm. The footage, obtained by the Trace and published on Tuesday by The New Yorker, was scrapped after NRA officials feared that it would be a disaster on both fronts.

The nine-minute clip, which conservationists have called “sickening,” features LaPierre on a hunt in Botswana’s Okavango Delta to take down African Savannah elephants, which were officially listed as endangered earlier this year. Once professional guides tracked down a group of the largest living land mammal, LaPierre “proved to be a poor marksman,” as Mike Spies documents:

- After LaPierre’s first shot wounded the elephant, guides brought him a short distance from the animal, which was lying on its side, immobilized. Firing from point-blank range, LaPierre shot the animal three times in the wrong place. Finally, a guide had the host of “Under Wild Skies” fire the shot that killed the elephant. Later that day, Susan LaPierre showed herself to be a better shot than her husband. After guides tracked down an elephant for her, Susan killed it, cut off its tail, and held it in the air. “Victory!” she shouted, laughing. “That’s my elephant tail. Way cool.”

For three decades, LaPierre has led the N.R.A.’s fund-raising efforts by railing against out-of-touch “élites” and selling himself as an authentic champion of American self-reliance and the unfettered right to protect oneself with a gun. But the footage, as well as newly uncovered legal records, suggest that behind his carefully constructed Everyman image, LaPierre is a coddled executive who is clumsy with a firearm, and fearful of the violent political climate he has helped to create.

Though the trip was a disaster, the couple still wanted souvenirs. At Susan LaPierre’s request, body parts from the elephants were surreptitiously shipped to the U.S. — at one point, a man travelled two hours to Johannesburg to get the LaPierre’s names off the shipping crates containing the elephant remains. The bill for the shipping was in the name of a taxidermist who was paid to turn the elephants’ feet into stools in the LaPierre home.

The Trace and The New Yorker were also able to review a copy of LaPierre’s private deposition in a case involving an ad firm known as Ackerman McQueen run by a close ally of the NRA executive, Angus McQueen. The sworn testimony shows the wide gap between the executive’s lifestyle and the rugged, self-reliant living championed by the organization:

- When a lawyer for Ackerman McQueen asked LaPierre about the upscale suits, he said, “Angus told me, ‘Wayne, get wardrobe. Go get wardrobe.’ Angus actually set up the billing.”

The lawyer replied, “But, let me just say, you’re a big boy, right?”

“Yes.”

“You can make your own decisions about what clothes you need and what clothes you don’t need,” the lawyer said. “You’ve been dressing yourself for a number of years.”

LaPierre then defended the purchases, arguing that he was the N.R.A.’s “primary brand spokesperson” and that he “didn’t see anything wrong with it” since his job required “looking good on TV in terms of your image.” He said that McQueen recommended certain types of suits. “There was a period where Angus wanted me in light suits because he thought that women responded better in light suits. There was another period of time where he thought my suits were outdated because style—style had changed.”

Throughout the era of American mass shootings, the National Rifle Association has successfully lobbied to stop meaningful gun reform legislation from gaining traction. But thanks to decades of alleged self-dealing and fraud, the group is now facing an existential crisis after declaring bankruptcy in January to avoid regulators. Last August, New York State Attorney General Letitia James sued the NRA to dissolve the group due to its reported corruption. Earlier this month, LaPierre revealed in a deposition in Texas, where the NRA filed bankruptcy, that he hid out on a friend’s 108-foot yacht to avoid scrutiny after the Sandy Hook and Parkland shootings. “This was the one place that I hope I could feel safe, where I remember getting there going, ‘Thank God I’m safe, nobody can get me here,’” he recalled.

nymag
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 06:56 am
@revelette3,
So, the right to defend oneself necessarily includes the right to carry a concealed firearm?

The dangers of carrying a concealed firearm are far greater than the self-defense benefits afforded from carrying a concealed firearm. This negates the necessity of the right to carry a concealed firearm.
revelette3

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 07:24 am
@InfraBlue,
I am more than willing to be educated on this. Why is a concealed firearm more dangerous than an open carry firearm? (right term?)
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 11:41 pm
@revelette3,
I don't know that concealed firearms are more dangerous than open carry firarms. It isn't a this or that proposition, however.
BillW

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2021 12:01 am
@InfraBlue,
A concealed firearm is more considered more dangerous because there is a strong possibility another person doesn't know the other person has a firearm. Just a concept in my opinion!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 03:29 pm

Judge dismisses NRA's bankruptcy petition, allowing New York AG lawsuit to move forward
(cnn)
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:53 pm
@Region Philbis,
The Supreme Court is never going to allow New York to violate the Constitution like this.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
drop the bullshit.

The only BS in this thread is coming from you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the only logic you use is il-

Your failure to point out any errors in my logic shows that my logic is just fine.
0 Replies