Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 09:56 pm
@NealNealNeal,
That is purest bullshit. it does NOT seem likely he was trying to poison her dog.That is totally evidence less. It was an area for birds, not dogs. He was a birder. She was a self-entitled scofflaw. He'd faced this problem before an he came prepared with doggy treats. Apparently other new yorkers had not been so obstinste about doing wrong as she was. And he did not fire her. she fired herselkf by her boorish behavior. in an era when everyone has a smartphone you've got to expect when you do soething antisocial you're likely to find it coming back to haunt you. It's much harder to plead innocence when the video is there for everyone to see. That is simply what modern life is. the motto is play nice with others.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:12 pm
@MontereyJack,
So, why did he have dog treats? Why not bird seed?
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:15 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Chris was a birder and a board member of the NY Audubon Society(among other things a national birdwatching conservation society). The area is for birdwatching. that's why he was there. Dogs must be leashed. She refused to leash her dog. He had dog treats because This was not the first time this has happened, and other dog owners had been more amenable to following the law when he pointed it out. She didn't and tried to play the race card on him and got caught on camera. Her fault. he did nothing wrong or threatening. Purely oralloy's overheated imagination. The city of NY found her in the wrong and made her take diversity education, which she completed and the case was dropped. she was un the wrong,, not him.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:19 pm
@NealNealNeal,
bird seed does not particularly appeal to dogs, but dog treats do and meake it easier to get them on the legally required leash. find out what you're talking labout before you ask dumb questions.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
It still makes no sense. How was he going to persuade Ms. Cooper to hold on to the leash even if he put a leash on the dog?
The law expects dogs to be under the control of a human.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:50 pm
@NealNealNeal,
I think that Ms. Cooper wanted to protect her dog and didn't think that the police would come if she reported that her dog was in danger.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:53 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Precisely the dog has to be under control of the human. it was not an area for unleashed dogs. he told her of other areas in the park for unleashed dogs.. she wouldn't go there. her unleashed dog was not under her control, and a danger to any birds in an area for birds. she was wrong. the city agreed with chris, she didn't and tried to sic the cops on him. Her extremely bad.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:57 pm
@NealNealNeal,
so follow the law. leash the dog and go somewhere dogs are allowed to run free. did you see the way she was tmisreating the dog? yanking it around, jerkong it off its feet. The agency she got the dog from took it from her until she could be vetted as a responsible owner. Animal cruelty on her part.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
She was at fault for the unleashed dog. However, he needed to contact the authority instead of what he did. You have not shown how the action he took could have helped the situation. Instead, it made things worse.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

so follow the law. leash the dog and go somewhere dogs are allowed to run free. did you see the way she was tmisreating the dog? yanking it around, jerkong it off its feet. The agency she got the dog from took it from her until she could be vetted as a responsible owner. Animal cruelty on her part.
I didn't read about that. How did she yank the dog around if it wasn't on a leash?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:13 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Why would a bird watcher have dog treats?
Dog Treats: I presume you haven't read his facebook post on the matter? It is easy to find, and explains why he had dog treats.

Bird Watching: I presume you didn't know what part of Central Park this happened in. That too is easy to find.

Quote:
I didn't read about that. How did she yank the dog around if it wasn't on a leash?
Its collar
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:38 pm
@vikorr,
I read an article about the people involved. Both of them are at fault. Both are hotheads.
vikorr

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 01:23 am
@NealNealNeal,
The articles are based on the video and facebook posts by Christian Cooper. Wouldn't it be better for you to go to both of the actual sources, rather than rely on articles that usually place a slant on things (so they can sell / become more popular) ? Of course Christian Cooper would likely have an interest in placing his own slant on things - but it seems straight forward.

I don't think I'd say Christian Cooper was a hothead - he after all did plan to take treats, and did think to video, and did remain calm, and didn't walk towards her, and asked her a number of times not to come near him. Hotheads don't tend to behave in these ways, and having a group of such behaviours all present makes it very hard to categorise him as a hothead ...though if you mean in another way, let me know. Certainly as I previously mentioned, he could be seen to be thoughtless, or a little vindictive etc
oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 02:52 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Of course my original request for you to link was in a different thread on the Coopers. And you refused to provide any links then, despite multiple requests, just like you are doing now.

And rightly so.

I am under no obligation to prove myself innocent of your untrue accusations.

vikorr wrote:
Here in this thread, only going back to the below before I stopped looking - the below requests shows categorically, that you are a hypocrite who asks for others to provide links while refusing to do so yourself.

No hypocrisy on my end.

There is zero equivalence between "my requests that you substantiate your accusations against me" and "your requests that I prove myself innocent of your accusations against me".
oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 02:53 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your usual nonsense.

"That police officers have the right to protect themselves when black people try to murder them" is not nonsense.

MontereyJack wrote:
There is no self-defense on the cops' part, purely their aggression

Wrong. When police officers protect themselves from someone who is trying to murder them, that is self defense not aggression.

MontereyJack wrote:
against unarmed, innocent blacks, doing something innocent or misdemeanor-ish at most,

Wrong again. Murdering police officers is a felony.

MontereyJack wrote:
and winding up dead from bad actioions on the cops' part.

There is nothing bad about police officers defending themselves when black people try to murder them.

MontereyJack wrote:
tell me again how George Floyd was denying derek chauvin's right to self-defense with chauvin's knee on his neck.

What's this again nonsense? Are you putting words in my mouth?

George Floyd was nothing to do with BLM.

BLM focus on trying to lynch police officers who try to defend themselves when black people try to murder them.

MontereyJack wrote:
You're fantasies are racist.

No they aren't. Not that you are in any position to know.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 02:54 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

That's delusion right there.

No it isn't. Both you and he are completely unable to point out any falsehoods in my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 02:55 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
proof he lives in a fictional world.

Define fictional.

Azeroth is a virtual world certainly. Does "virtual" mean fictional?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 02:56 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
However, she did use a form of racism and sexism by saying "black man".

He is a black male I believe.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 03:25 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
It does seem likely he was going to poison the dog however.

Even if he wasn't, her fear of him was real, and she had the right to protect herself from him.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 03:26 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
The perception that he may have been going to do so is fair enough - one of the reasons I said Mr Coopers actions were either thoughtless or a little vindictive or a combination of that and other things (for even if he never intended to poison the dog, only having treats - he would have known how she would perceive his actions).

OK. There you go. My position is vindicated.

Are you going to stop spouting false accusations of racism at me now?

vikorr wrote:
On the other side, perception can be clarified through a simple question - "Are you trying to bait my dog?"

As if someone who intended her harm would necessarily tell the truth.

Once you get a woman who doesn't know you to categorize you as a likely axe murderer, there's no way for you to talk her into calmly accepting your presence next to her alone in the park. The only way out at that point is to withdraw from her presence.