Guns: how much longer will it take ....

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:47 am
@Baldimo,
The U.S. military didn't implement these variation changes for cosmetic purposes. They were implemented because they were beneficial for battlefield purposes.
Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:58 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
He is mischaracterizing the definitions I've presented, and creating a red herring argument therefrom with his request.

No I didn't. I asked you to tell me the difference between an assault rifle and an assault weapon. You failed to do so. I also asked you to tell me the difference between an assault weapon and an assault style weapon. You failed to do so. That's the reality of our conversation. You failed to explain your position, and instead referred me to the definition concocted by those who also failed to explain their position.

The specific class of gun that uninformed people term "assault weapon" refers to is the semiautomatic. And that is an inaccurate designation. The term "assault weapon" was created in order to expand the list of guns that some want banned. Your acquiescence to whatever comes out of a legal authority's mouth basically amounts to insisting it is so because daddy said. And your insistence that I shouldn't have an AR-15 is basically you trying to extend that parent-child relationship you have with authority onto me. No thanks, I don't bend over because someone tells me to.

So, one more time: An assault rifle has a select-fire option. An assault STYLE rifle does not have a select-fire option. If a rifle is not select-fire, then it is called a semiautomatic rifle, and NOT an assault rifle. So, if you believe that a semiautomatic rifle is an assault rifle by virtue of its appearance and despite its lack of select-fire capability, then you believe that style equals function. But style does not equal function. You may be inclined to believe that it does because someone told you to think that it does, but don't expect others to share your willingness to bend over so easily. It's much like your willingness to repeat the bullshit statement that the AR-15 is the favored weapon of mass shooters. And your expect to be taken seriously after demonstrating such mindlessness?

Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:06 am
@InfraBlue,
Does it matter, she's saying incorrect things about the weapons and using those words to push for a ban. She's as dumb as the people who support the gun grabs.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:09 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The U.S. military didn't implement these variation changes for cosmetic purposes. They were implemented because they were beneficial for battlefield purposes.

Variation changes? What variation changes are you talking about, the AR15 isn't anything like the M1. The internal components aren't even close to being the same. The only weapon on the market right now that resembles an M1 is the Ruger Ranch rifle, a lot of those internal workings are the same but sized down to shoot the .223 round, where the M1 shot a much larger AK47 type round, 7.62.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 12:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Question begging based on opinion illustrates the fact that you are wrong.

That is incorrect. I presented facts, not opinions, and am not wrong in any way.

InfraBlue wrote:
Redundancy yet again.

The truth remains exactly the same every time I post it.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 01:12 pm
@Glennn,
You're just going around in circles. I've already pointed out the definition of "assault weapon" as delineated by the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. Whether you accept that definition and its accuracy is irrelevant.

So, I don't have to explain to you what you can do with your little red herring.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 01:16 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Does it matter, she's saying incorrect things about the weapons and using those words to push for a ban. She's as dumb as the people who support the gun grabs.

In regard to the issue I'm arguing, it does matter. The Federal Assault Weapons Ban was pretty specific about the weapons it was referring to and banning.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 01:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Variation changes? What variation changes are you talking about...

The ones I pointed out that you dismissed as "cosmetic."
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 02:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
In regard to the issue I'm arguing, it does matter. The Federal Assault Weapons Ban was pretty specific about the weapons it was referring to and banning.

They based their "criteria" on what looked scary. They had a BB Gun on the first ban... they don't know **** about weapons and neither do you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 02:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

You didn't point out anything. You tried to claim the AR15 was an improvement on the M1... I refuted your silly claim with actual proof, the M1 is nothing like the AR15. The M1 is closer to the Ruger Ranch Rifle and you still didn't point out or prove anything. You made a statement you can't back up with facts.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 02:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Yes. The 1994 law specifically outlawed a bunch of hunting rifles without addressing a single assault weapon.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 02:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
You're just going around in circles.

He is just asking you to explain your phony terminology.

InfraBlue wrote:
I've already pointed out the definition of "assault weapon" as delineated by the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

A fraudulent definition.

InfraBlue wrote:
Whether you accept that definition and its accuracy is irrelevant.

That a definition is fraudulent is pretty relevant.

Fraudulent definitions should not be accepted in a debate.

InfraBlue wrote:
So, I don't have to explain to you what you can do with your little red herring.

You don't have to answer his questions, true.

But not addressing his questions makes it pretty obvious that your phony terminology has no real meaning.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

You didn't point out anything. You tried to claim the AR15 was an improvement on the M1... I refuted your silly claim with actual proof, the M1 is nothing like the AR15. The M1 is closer to the Ruger Ranch Rifle and you still didn't point out or prove anything. You made a statement you can't back up with facts.

I said the AR15 was an evolution of the M1. I did back up my statement with facts. That you don't accept them is irrelevant.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Nuh-uh.

Wrong again. The truth remains exactly the same every time I post it.

The left's belief that "the truth is whatever the left wants it to be at a given moment" is nothing short of delusional.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:02 pm
@oralloy,
It defined what it referred to as "assault weapons."
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:05 pm
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:06 pm
@InfraBlue,
Wrong again. Your refusal to answer his questions makes it very clear that your phony terminology has no real meaning.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It defined what it referred to as "assault weapons."

It provided a fraudulent definition that has no basis in reality.

If the Democrats pass a law that defines the sky as being orange colored, that will not change the reality that the sky is blue.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:11 pm
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.