Guns: how much longer will it take ....

vikorr

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 05:36 am
@oralloy,
Uh huh.

What goes on in your head may be happening - that doesn't make it the reality that everyone else experiences.

It's quite obvious you barely look deeper than you need to. When someone brings up problems - you look at the surface meaning only, without ever stopping to consider the underlying support structure, nor the why, the how...or on the other end, the deeper consequences. As a result, your responses are often shallow, often lacking problem solving in favour of pointing straight at what you want. You don't see, or ignore vast swathes of 'reality'...but think your beliefs are the worlds reality.
Below viewing threshold (view)
vikorr

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 06:35 am
@oralloy,
No surprise I guess, but your reality at times appears so very far removed from even a semblance of reality. Understanding is in a number of areas, even more lacking.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 08:16 am
@vikorr,
So I guess your nonsense about missing deeper problem-solving points was just nonsense.

Your inability to point out anything that I'm wrong about speaks for itself.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 09:49 am
Kellyanne Conway wrote:
What Philly sorely needs is a competent mayor who sufficiently respects and resources our brave men and women of law enforcement.
http://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/1162040508421742593
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 10:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Kellyanne Conway wrote:
What Philly sorely needs is a competent mayor who sufficiently respects and resources our brave men and women of law enforcement.

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/NNzHYAGl.jpg
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 10:46 am
@oralloy,
The Federal Assault Weapons Ban included pistol grips and flash suppressors and was never deemed to be unconstitutional.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:16 am
@InfraBlue,
The courts were not enforcing the Second Amendment at the time. It was, however, the most plainly unconstitutional piece of legislation ever passed.

The NRA should demand gun owner compensation for this atrocity, paid for by a tax on non-gun owners, before they allow any new gun control legislation to be passed.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/NNzHYAGl.jpg

If progressives just want to attack our president instead of working to put their cities under competent leadership, just let them stew in their own slums and kill each other.

Urban decay certainly isn't my problem.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

The NRA should demand gun owner compensation for this atrocity,...
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Says you. ROFLMAO

Let's see how much you laugh when no gun control legislation is passed.

cicerone imposter wrote:
CLUE: Countries with less guns have less gun violence.

So if a rapist uses a knife instead of a gun, does that make the rape OK?

cicerone imposter wrote:
It's called common sense.

People who either support fascism or oppose civil liberties (or both) always proclaim common sense.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:53 am
@oralloy,
Your opinion is duly noted.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 11:55 am
@InfraBlue,
You are mistaken. That this was blatantly unconstitutional is a fact.

This is why it is important to vote for Trump again. The Democrats are out to violate our civil liberties and he protects us.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 12:18 pm
@oralloy,
Not fact. Merely your opinion. The Supreme Court let it stand. Secveral states have current assault-style weapons bans., modeled on the old national ban.They were takBen to lower courts which let the bans stand. SCOTUS let those court decisions stand, and the Supreme Copurt decides what is unconstitutional not you. Basically they agreed that state goverments had a compelling interest in those laws, which was constitutional.. Makes no difference if you disagree. That the right continues to try to make it only what tey call a civl liberties issue and totally ignore the civil rights murders which are a result of their positions is clear evidence of why it is vitally important to vote trump and the nra toadies in congress out of office in 2020 and get some meaninguo legistlation to combat the murders of our kids enacted.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 12:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Not fact. Merely your opinion.

Wrong again. What is the compelling government interest in banning pistol grips?

MontereyJack wrote:
The Supreme Court let it stand.

As I said, the Supreme Court was not enforcing the Second Amendment then.

The NRA should block all further gun control until the left is forced to pay heavy compensation to gun owners for their atrocity.

MontereyJack wrote:
Makes no difference if you disagree.

Well, no. I can oppose all further gun control laws until the left pays heavy compensation for their atrocity against gun owners.

MontereyJack wrote:
That the right continues to try to make it only what tey call a civl liberties issue

Civil liberties are a civil liberties issue.

MontereyJack wrote:
and totally ignore the civil rights murders

So what? The gun control movement is ignoring the murders too.

MontereyJack wrote:
get some meaninguo legistlation to combat the murders of our kids enacted.

The left isn't trying to prevent any murders. They are just trying to violate people's civil liberties for fun.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 01:32 pm
NRA tried to buy their CEO a 10 million mansion but dident have the cash so they are asking their members to up their donations.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 01:39 pm
@oralloy,
Stupid and or wrong.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 02:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
No additional gun laws for you. Not until you compensate your victims for the atrocity you've committed against them.

But you're free to cry like those Parkland brats did when we blocked their push for gun control.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 02:05 pm
@oralloy,
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWg4XOTVoAAE1s6.jpg
http://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/966078572321562625

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2018/02/20/USATODAY/USATODAY/636547353091154050-04.JPG
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 04:06 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
So I guess your nonsense about missing deeper problem-solving points was just nonsense.

Your inability to point out anything that I'm wrong about speaks for itself.
I pointed out quite a lot of problems...unfortunately, you showed little to no comprehension of what I was talking about. Apparently, in your mind, if you can't comprehend it - the other person isn't pointing anything out.

By the way - your behaviour relating to the survivors is quite disgusting - even disagreeing with what they were trying to achieve doesn't excuse such ugly behaviour. And your delusion that you understand your constitution better than High Court Judges is mind bogglingly ridiculous.