Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 03:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
And, I might add, you HAVE to get car insurance no matter how loudly you protest you are a safe driver and always obey the speed limit and never ever would be in an accident. And cars are not built to be intentionally deadly.

You haven't made car insurance impossible to get though, like you have done with gun insurance.

You aren't allowed to place impossible demands on the exercise of a right.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:16 pm
@Baldimo,
yep demonizing. You dont like the sound of truth nd evidence. I dodnt say anything about the gun control nutz not demonizing.
If the best you can come up with is a nyah nyah, "You started it" bullshit, then you arent really able to be in a debate to solve or even identify the problem.

Quote:
The Constitution doesn't say anything about restrictions against the people, the Constitution is meant to be a limit on the power of the Federal Govt. The Constitution is about individual liberty, not govt control and power
Sounds like you get all your "logic" from Glenn Beck's "understanding" of history. Hes a damned hoot aint he??
Seldom right but never in doubt.
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
remember it was the Obama admin and ATF that approved their sale
It was ATF "during Obama years that stated that "because there were no moving parts they werent "Illegal". There were no incidents till the Trump regime. I didnt know they did finally get banned like the other two full auto gizmos but that leaves us with only about 50 other gizmos or purchase "lack of" regulations.

NRA got really embarrassed with the bump stock issue didnt they. ??

oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:32 pm
@farmerman,
No. Why would you think that they were embarrassed?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
yep demonizing.

Fair criticism for the left's actual bad behavior is hardly demonizing.

farmerman wrote:
You dont like the sound of truth and evidence.

Come on now. Be serious. Since when has anyone on the left ever presented any truth or any evidence?

farmerman wrote:
If the best you can come up with is a nyah nyah, "You started it" bullshit, then you arent really able to be in a debate to solve or even identify the problem.

The problem is identified: Leftists want to violate our civil liberties for fun.

The solution is to keep voting for Donald Trump so he can continue to protect us from leftists.

farmerman wrote:
Sounds like you get all your "logic" from Glenn Beck's "understanding" of history. Hes a damned hoot aint he??

Can you point out any errors in anything that Baldimo said?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
you can't even accept that people don't want to limit guns in anyway.
But I dont demonize the other sise becaue e MUST reach accords before its totally out of hand. I dont think , unlike you and oralloy and pinky, that anyone on the reasonable gun control side calls you "Unamerican" or "America Haters". Thats just dumb-down playground insults.
I agree with Justice Scalia in that Heller allows for reasonable gun control means, including design and accessibility .

McGentrix

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Heller allows for reasonable gun control means, including design and accessibility .

I fear your "reasonable" and Oralloy "reasonable" have a chasm between them. Who gets to decide that?
oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:47 pm
@McGentrix,
Strict Scrutiny is actually pretty clear on the matter. If there is no justification for a restriction, then it is off limits.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
But I dont demonize the other side because we MUST reach accords before its totally out of hand.

You certainly fly off the handle and devolve into name-calling whenever I confront the sorts of draconian gun control that you claim to oppose.

farmerman wrote:
I dont think, unlike you and oralloy and pinky, that anyone on the reasonable gun control side calls you "Unamerican" or "America Haters".

There is no reasonable gun control side. The entire gun control movement are delusional nutcases.

farmerman wrote:
Thats just dumb-down playground insults.

No. It is fair criticism for actual bad behavior.

farmerman wrote:
I agree with Justice Scalia in that Heller allows for reasonable gun control means, including design and accessibility.

Do you even understand what Strict Scrutiny is?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 08:14 pm
Quote:
Mass Shooting Delusions

Quote:
If you are the sort of person who feels compelled to demand new gun control laws after a mass shooting, you have several options. You can keep your recommendations vague, letting your audience fill in the blanks; push the policies you always push, regardless of whether they have anything to do with the latest outrage; or latch onto a detail of that crime, inflating its importance to support a seemingly germane solution.

Sound familiar?
https://reason.com/2019/06/05/mass-shooting-delusions-2/
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 08:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Yes, it does sound familiar. It sounds like someone who doesn't know much about logic presenting two dumb alternatives, neither of which his opponent suggests and arguing they are the only two alternatives, which they are not. This is, among others, one of oralloy's favorite leaps of logic.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 08:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Yes, it does sound familiar. It sounds like someone who doesn't know much about logic

I am not go to learn anything about logic reading your posts. Anything else?
oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 08:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It sounds like someone who doesn't know much about logic presenting two dumb alternatives, neither of which his opponent suggests and arguing they are the only two alternatives, which they are not.

No. It doesn't sound like that at all. The article sounds like an accurate characterization of gun control hysteria.

MontereyJack wrote:
This is, among others, one of oralloy's favorite leaps of logic.

Stop lying. You cannot point to any case of me having ever done anything of the sort.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 08:23 am
@coldjoint,
And it's certain no one is going to learn anything about logic reading yours, except how to generate massive chasms in logic. Your specious claim that BLM is really about killing cops, for one. Your contention that the only alternative to separating immigrant moms from their kids at the border and warehousing the kids in massive internment camps was to leave the children alone in the Sonoran desert was another egregious example.
farmerman

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 09:04 am
@oralloy,
did you ever read where I would countenance violence or physical punishment against you or your cronies?

I think not.

As I state, my fear for our future is that gun control, when it finally arrives, will be the result of political "one upmanship" from an ultraliberal USSC down the road.

I want my kids kids to be able to go hunting or engage in trget shooting, not become some version of Switzerland.

Try keeping your penchant for violence against those with whom you disagree and you really should try to understand what this country is all about,(you seem to miss points about "freedoms of xpression, assembly,press, etc " as well as several of the "hopes for" mentioned in the preamble. Please dont be trying to peddle some of the BS points to which you ascribe as "Fact nd evidence" because we sit at one of the most divided times in history and how has unfettered gun availablity helped this republic one jot?? We are becoming an authoritarian plutocracy and theyve successfully "created" sides of an argument that neither side recognizes that were being used to benefit others.
I dont think that your one of the plutocrats since you hqve mentioned desires of things to "have", after a certain point of wealth procurement, you really dont care about anything cause its all available to you.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 09:13 am
@coldjoint,
Ignorance is not a virtue.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 09:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
NRA got really embarrassed with the bump stock issue didnt they. ??

No they didn't, they supported a ban on bump stocks.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 09:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

I don't watch Glenn Beck, I've actually read the Constitution and our other founding docs.

I notice you didn't actually debate the issue, you threw some trash out there about Glenn Beck and then ignored the actual subject. Why? Can you prove the Founding Doc's of our country were all about govt control and power, or Individual Liberty.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 09:27 am
@Baldimo,
and other prominent pro-gun violence groups like GOAL as I recall vehemently disagreed with banning bump stocks.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 09:31 am
@MontereyJack,
So what, the question was about the NRA, the NRA supported the bump stock ban. Don't move the goal posts to try and make a point, it shows weakness in your personality.