Going To Lose My Family, Home

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:47 pm
If you think you've heard everything then you need to hear my story. Why you ask? Because there isn't anything that hasn't happened to me in my 42 years of life. Life has beaten me to a pulp. I am trying to keep the only family I have left in this world together and I need help, badly. What makes my story any different than anyone else’s? Why do I deserve to be helped and not someone else? Because I have blessed three different families with children they couldn't have on their own. But now I'm trying to keep my only child here with me, together. Something I could never do on my own. She is only 3 months old now and I love her with everything I am, she is my only heart beat. Without her I would surely die. Would you like to know more? I had hoped you would... please, let me tell you more. If I don't get some type of help soon I am going to lose everything, (AGAIN). I have no one. My mother and father are both dead. I have no one at all who can help my daughter and I. My daughter’s father left us right after she was born; we have no one at all. I can’t go through this again. Not again. I can’t lose my baby.
Thank you for your time..
[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 10,229 • Replies: 154
Topic Closed

Rockhead

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:27 pm
@afiresignwoman,
I've seen a tough time or two myself. As long as you are still breathing, there is hope...

What kind of help are you seeking?

(and welcome to A2K)
Linkat

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:13 pm
@Rockhead,
ditto - most of us here would be willing to give you help - moral and suggestions. I hope you are not asking us for financial.

What sort of help are you looking for? And why are you possibly going to l ose your child?
djjd62

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:18 pm
@Linkat,
i was debating reporting this thread, just a feeling i had
Ragman

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:30 pm
@afiresignwoman,
Welcome to A2K. You'll find us to be a very emotionally supportive community, but why the mystery? Feel free to tell us the WHOLE story without any cliffhanger. Would care to elaborate on the details? So many of us have had tragedies and hard times and have risen above. What is the nature of the help you seek?
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:32 pm
@djjd62,
I sorta got the feeling this some one trying to get money - but I will give the benefit of the doubt first.
afiresignwoman

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you for asking. I just need help. Maybe a donation or two. For instance, my cars' air conditioner does not work, I've tried to fill it up several times and it won't hold a charge. I don't have the money to fix it, and I feel sorry for my baby having to ride around in that car this summer. It's going to be very hot this year. I live in Ky. btw. If you're wondering about work, I've had cancer twice. I'm not in the best of health right now.
Take care and thank you again for asking...
God Bless.
0 Replies

afiresignwoman

Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:28 pm
@Linkat,
Well, of course money would help. I didn't know not to ask. The mystery? No mystery. I have tried every avenue here, there's just no help here. All the so-called donation facilities are out of funds, and I've been to almost all of the local churches asking for help as well. Just a new mother trying to put my feelers out for some type of help. Thank you for taking the time to read.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 08:40 am
@djjd62,
Yep - just got that feeling.

Although I feel for you - we don't know you from boo. I do not donate over the internet and I do not donate unless I personally know the situation/charity, etc. You could really be in need or you could just be pulling our leg.

We are nice people (at least most of us), but we are not naivee (at least most of us). I wish you the best of luck and besides what you have mentioned seeking out assistance locally, I do not have any suggestions.
dyslexia

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 08:52 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i was debating reporting this thread, just a feeling i had
0 Replies

afiresignwoman

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 09:16 am
@Linkat,
Yea, thought this might be a long shot. No one really has any help or answers, (unfortunately) and the charitites that most people donate to, the money doesn't go directly to the people.. it goes into a "pot" and it's spent on things most of us already have. (Been there done that). But thanks for listening anyhow.. so much for the "emotional" support... but thanks again anyway. Take care.
chai2

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 10:02 am
I would like some donations too.

Do I have to tell my story?
Linkat

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 10:10 am
@chai2,
And me too - and I have a doosey of a story.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 10:12 am
@afiresignwoman,
a couple of thoughts...

I work on cars for a living, and have health issues myself. My A/C does not work in my truck and is unlikely to this year, as my limitied funds need to go to more important places. (I live in Southern Kansas, so we know hot)

Most charities give "stuff" for rather obvious reasons. Cash handouts seem to help with things other than groceries and necessities more often than not.

I would suggest becoming active in some sort of church or social service near you, and let them get to know you and your circumstances.

Good luck to you and your child.

(there is good emotional support here, but asking for a handout is prolly not the best way to get there)
Mame

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 11:21 am
@afiresignwoman,
No one has any help or answers? You've been given some. Don't know what you were thinking when you thought (even though it was a long shot) that you could ask and receive handouts from strangers. Shaking my head at that one.

I sympathize if you have indeed done everything and explored every avenue, but somehow I think there might still be some help out there for you.

Best of luck to you and your child. There is always a solution - you might just have to get creative to find it.
Mame

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 11:22 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Yes, but that's still no guarantee I'll give you money. It has to be a good one, Chai, and of all people, I know YOU can spin a good one. I'm waiting with bated breath...
sozobe

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 11:51 am
@Mame,
I'll give you a dollar just for spelling "bated" correctly (I always shiver a bit at the implications of "baited" breath...)
Mame

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 12:02 pm
@sozobe,
A dollar? Whoo, thanks! But I think it's Chai who was looking for donations Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 12:03 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

chai2 wrote:

Yes, but that's still no guarantee I'll give you money. It has to be a good one, Chai, and of all people, I know YOU can spin a good one. I'm waiting with bated breath...

my first clear memory was waking up in a basket full of tomatoes. Warmed by the sun, I stretched and made a little mewling sound.

"Va fangul! Whatta we gonna do with this-a bambina? A million times I told you 'Don't take-a the pale little kids with freckles'"

Understanding I wasn't in Kansas anymore, I made a wee wee all over the tomatoes.

"Don't worry little bambina." I hear someone say in a soft whisper, "I'm-a gonna take care of you."

I turned my little head, and found myself gazing into 2 huge brown eyes, so full of love, and at the same time, frightening instability.

"my name's kickycan, and you'll be my little gagootz. I won't let that fat pig of a father get his hands on you."
Mame

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 12:06 pm
@chai2,
Okay, slightly weird, but a story's a story. You can have the dollar Soz gave me.

Happy now?