Saw a photo of the Presidents grandma,Is Obama a US citizen?

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 12:16 am
I swear, I've never seen such an uh, umm unattractive woman in all my life. In fact that poor woman is probably one of the ugliest ladies I ever saw. I was told and have come to understand she was a very wealthy woman in Honolulu, HI & she did NOT believe her grandson, Pres. Obama was a US citizen. Could it be possible that anyone else has heard similar rumors?

roger

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:47 am
@babsatamelia,
Nary a peep out of anybody. They wouldn't even divulge his birth certificate, but too late now.
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 05:59 am
@babsatamelia,
Yes, he is a US citizen. And, as an aside, I'm betting your grandmother is no beauty either. Who cares what someone's grandmother looks like.

I swear the comments here on A2K get more ridiculous every day.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:12 am
@babsatamelia,
I'd thought that Obama's grandmother died of cancer in Hawaii last year, on November 2.

And I agree with CoastalRat.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:39 am
@babsatamelia,
I've heard similar rumors. Did you hear the one about how Obama went to Hawaii to kill his grandmother so that she wouldn't tell anyone that he wasn't a citizen? Or how about how his real father is Malcom X?

His birth certificate has been produced. There is no evidence that he was born anywhere but Hawaii. His grandmother, may she rest in peace, was a woman of modest means who loved her grandson. He's the president now, get over it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:47 am
@babsatamelia,
I had to check and double-check the date on this one. Seriously? This is coming up again?

Et tu, roger?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:53 am
Which grandmother?

Both look pretty nice to me.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11032008/photos/obama_grandmother.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DmtdGP6kzMQ/RsKr0BHcYkI/AAAAAAAAAnA/5FP6KZ9O-uo/s400/Obama-Grandmother.jpg
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:53 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Nary a peep out of anybody. They wouldn't even divulge his birth certificate, but too late now.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:56 am
@DrewDad,
Oh... was he being ironic?

I had a bad night, my ironymeter may be malfunctioning...
parados

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:03 am
@chai2,
Nice?

But both his grandmothers look OLD.. Old people are always ugly and they restrict the amount of candy you can eat before dinner. Old people aren't nice.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:06 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
Oh... was he being ironic?

I had a bad night, my ironymeter may be malfunctioning...

That's because you're a humorless Obamabot who's drunk the Kool-Aid about the Anointed One.
sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:09 am
@DrewDad,
Ah. Yes.

That and the urgent care visit and the lack of sleep last night <rubs temples> <kid's fine, just another ear infection, sigh>
Thomas

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:17 am
@sozobe,
Oh no! I hope she gets well, and you get some sleep soon.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:19 am
@sozobe,
I never claimed to be Jon Stewart. Ah, well.

Sorry to hear about the kiddo. I hope she recovers quickly. I hope Mom can steal a nap.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:31 am
(Thanks for the sympathy, sorry to derail. Back to the conspiracy theories!)
chai2

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:39 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Nice?

But both his grandmothers look OLD.. Old people are always ugly and they restrict the amount of candy you can eat before dinner. Old people aren't nice.

Well, yeah...but that's just because they're jealous. They hadn't invented candy yet when they were growing up.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 08:29 am
The concern is a non-sequitor for the reality driven people, I believe, since Michelle Obama was obviously born in the U.S.A., with likely countless generations of family here, and I believe, would not be married to a man that would do anything bad for the country.

In effect, any concerns I would have would not be based on whether the President can show a birth certificate, but whether he truly has the U.S.A's continued good fortune in his thinking. With Michelle Obama as his wife, I sleep well at night, knowing her concern for the country is likely based on generations of family that struggled to make the U.S.A. what it is. Like minded people tend to marry.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 09:10 am
Ok, you goofy people, quit picking on old people.

I will be 80 in July. I'm beautiful and still sexy. Ask my two dogs if you don't believe me.

BBB
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 09:14 am
I've never seen Obama's birth certificate.
Eva

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 09:24 am
Come to think of it, neither have I.

Or his voter's ID card, or even his driver's license.

What is he hiding???

Oh, wait. He hasn't seen mine, either.