What if you have what men want but they still aren't showing interest?

Mame

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:05 am
Why are you guys ignoring me? I gave some great advice and I wanna hear some appreciation for the time and effort I put into it. C'mon, eh.
chai2

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:11 am
@Mame,
yeah, I noticed you telling us what a great idea you had.

great mame, just great.

let's all give mame a standing ovation.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:16 am
@chai2,
awww, thanks, chai!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:35 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Why are you guys ignoring me? I gave some great advice and I wanna hear some appreciation for the time and effort I put into it. C'mon, eh.

Well, Mame, I was astonished that you referred hoppytoad to "eharmony" when A2K can get her a date with Kickycan.

Mame

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:30 pm
@wandeljw,
That wouldn't be a date, Wandle, that'd be a fiasco Smile Maybe Nickfun, though.
chai2

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:32 pm
@Mame,
I think I'd perfer Kicky.

Nothing against Nick though.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:35 pm
@chai2,
I've always thought Kicky would be a fun date, but as I go through the list of A2K Bachelors I think I would most like to have a night on the town with Gargamel.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:41 pm
Would anybody date Gus? I wonder what that would consist of. First you feed the capybaras, then you ditch the pitchfork and head for the cabin where you'd take off your rubber overalls and boots...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:25 pm
@Green Witch,
Yessssssssssssssssss.

But could you handle it? Public television, wholesome sandwiches, cussing out the neighbors...my nights are pretty wild.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:26 pm
@Gargamel,
Hey, you left out your monologue!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:29 pm
@Gargamel,
I'm packing up my feety pajamas and a big squeeze bottle of Bosco. Keep the sofa warm for me - I'm on my way.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:36 pm
@Green Witch,
What's Bosco?
Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:40 pm
@Mame,
Chocolate syrup:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/joanh/dogblog/boscodrink.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:42 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

What's Bosco?
Bosco is chololate flavored syrup applied to ice cream or milk. A common health food for the younger set and meself.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 03:28 pm
@hoppytoad79,
Hello Hoppytoad79,

The short answer is rather unpleasant - you either don't have what men want, or you're unatainable - those are the only two answers I can think of.

From those two possibilities :

-dealing with the second one first (because it's the easiest) - being unattainable means you have too many barriers up around you. If so, that is your responsibility to solve (and unfortunately rather difficult - coming from someone who had to remove their own barriers).

-the first one : Men get turned on by physically attractive women - but that's not the be all of attraction - there's many other things that men find attractive :
- energy (most use the word 'life' - she's lively, she's living life, she loves life, etc)
- vulnerability (most men are attracted to a woman who has some vulnerabilities that they can care for)
- femininity (they know how to enjoy being a woman)
- loves guys (rather than hates them...in 'loving guys' you don't have to sleep with any to prove this - if you generically love their company, their bodies, their cavemaness etc - your love of men just shows...and if you're choosy, this becomes even more attractive)
I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

I would go with one of the previous suggestions and talk to one of your male friends about your situation...but make it VERY CLEAR TO HIM that you want the absolute truth from him (he might think, and may well be, risking your friendship to tell you the whole truth as he sees it...and he may also be risking your self esteem - which he may not want to do). Some symbolic guesture of trust would be appropriate.

After that, perhaps a life coach, or a psychologist (it is very unusual that any attractive girl doesn't have attention all around her)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:24 pm
@hoppytoad79,
hoppytoad79 wrote:
Going by what I've been told, I am good-looking, intelligent, confident, not clingy, have a good sense of humor, and everything else that guys are supposed to be attracted to and interested in.

Lots of thoughts come out of this section of your original post.

I'd start by asking who told you that you're all that - and also who told you what guys are "supposed" to be attracted to.

Maybe the guys you'd be interested in aren't interested in what you've got to offer.

Chemistry is usually more important than any kind of "supposed" to.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:29 pm
The problem is almost certainly one of two things., or both....you don't give off a scent of sexual availability and/or you don't project a vulnerability. Guys don't like women who are unavailable to men, nor women who act like they don't need a man. You seriously need to read this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Its-Guy-Thing-Owners-Manual/dp/1558744649
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 04:54 am
@chai2,
Wussup girl?

Smile
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 04:56 am
@OGIONIK,
kidding, anyways you might seem too "good" for them to get, and they try to avoid rejection..

my 2 cents.
0 Replies