Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 03:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Thay have my sympathy.

And mine too...I'm just trying to keep the perspective under control
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 03:58 pm
Careful, Fat Man; or Cycloptichorn and his little pals will laugh at you for having been raped by a pervert in a mental institution. You know how caring liberals such as Cycloptichorn are!
Fat Man 1951

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:16 pm
@wmwcjr,
Yeah, for someone who is suppose to be a liberal, he sound like an extreme right-wing republican when it comes to defending sports.

I wonder what's taking him so long to respond.

He's probably drooling and folding paper footballs while thinking of something more to say.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:20 pm
@Fat Man 1951,
Quote:

Tell the Jewish survivors of the Nazi Holocaust to stop whining and get over it!

Shocked

I doubt I could have provided any better argument for my side whatsoever, then what you guys are doing yourselves. I mean, talk about unhinged. To make comparisons between high school bullying and Holocaust survivors is perverse.

Look, believe whatever you want about whatever you want; like sports or hate them, I don't give a ****. Why you think I care at all what you like or dislike is beyond me. But, to 'tar and feather' as you put it, those who do like sports, is as wrong as what the anti-sports crowd claims was done to them.

Quote:
NOT EVERYBODY LIKES SPORTS! GET OVER IT!

Uh, yeah. Not everyone likes sports. Not everybody likes music or artwork or dancing. Everyone is different and can like whatever they like. But it's 100% obvious that the group who can't 'get over it' isn't me or my side of the argument... you don't see us ranting about how much people who hate sports suck, or that people who can't play them are weak and deserve to be picked on, or anything like that. Because we grew up and moved past that ****, and you bunch certainly don't seem to have.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:22 pm
@chai2,
Quote:

aside: just a couple of days ago, someone said something to me about a local football player at UT, and when I said "I'm sorry I don't know who that is" they replied, quite brightly and with much amusement I must say, "What's Wrong with you?"
This isn't a mean person, it's just one of the hundreds of times I've been expected to know who some sports figure is.
BTW, I just laughed.
I mean, what else could I do? Start a big discussion like this thread? Get mad? What's the use?

Chai, I got no beef with you at all. And the reason why, is because you obviously ARE over it. The above comment is a perfect example.

I'm sure you can see the difference between your attitude about it and some of the others here.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:25 pm
@Fat Man 1951,
Fat Man 1951 wrote:

Yeah, for someone who is suppose to be a liberal, he sound like an extreme right-wing republican when it comes to defending sports.

I wonder what's taking him so long to respond.

He's probably drooling and folding paper footballs while thinking of something more to say.

Wow, you guys are really something. Seriously. You go to all the trouble to join a new website, to start fights with people that you don't know and don't know the first ******* thing about; why? Trying to prove something to yourself, or get a little glow from 'shooting down' someone who enjoys sports?

It's Christmastime and I've been enjoying the day with my family - which I will now return to.... sorry if I don't have enough time to sit around and satisfy your craving for an argument.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 05:07 pm
@Fat Man 1951,
Fat Man 1951 wrote:

Yeah, for someone who is suppose to be a liberal,
he sound like an extreme right-wing republican when it comes to defending sports.
Hay, I don 't like sports, except gunnery practice, archery n maybe swimming,
but I am an extreme right-wing Republican.

David
Fat Man 1951

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 05:11 pm
In response to Cyclops - The One Eyed Moron!

--------------------
"I doubt I could have provided any better argument for my side whatsoever, then what you guys are doing yourselves. I mean, talk about unhinged. To make comparisons between high school bullying and Holocaust survivors is perverse."
--------------------

I'm not talking about mere bullying like swirlies and wedgies.

I'm talking about violent assults!

Shortly after Columbine . . . . . I have read some NEWS articles about how one student was thrown through a plate glass window and in another school, another student was thrown down a flight of stairs.

The jocks responsible for both incidents were never punished!

Another student, while riding home on his bicycle was run off the road by a car load of drunken jocks, and they were never punished.

We are talking about beatings and rape!

We are talking about students being sodomized in the locker rooms!

Someone could get killed because of this!

Have you checked out the links I posted to some You Tube videos?

These videos are about boarding schools where handicapped students are given electric shocks!

In these boarding schools, they can do things to disabled students that are NOT allowed to be done to prison inmates!

So, here in the good ol' USA, there are some boarding schools where handicapped students are being tortured.

But nothing happens to jocks!

No, they're given a pat on the back, and a brand new car for free, and are allowed to park their $100,000 dollar Hummers all day long in 15 minuted parking zones, and never have to worry about getting a ticket.

In Nazi Germany, people who were physically handicapped were exterminated.

Here in the USA, handicapped students in some boarding schools are given electric shocks.

How long will it be before someone decides they should be exterminated?

So, thanks to jocks, and sports, the USA is becoming more and more like a gulag!

Therefore, there is nothing perverse about my comparing our institutions to Auschwitz.

Until you have been drugged, beaten, and raped as I was when I was 17, then
you should shut up if you haven't been there yourself.

Yeah!

The only thing I want to here from an ex-jock monkey-boy's mouth is . . . . .

"Will that be paper or plastic?"

Then after that, he can just shut the **** up!!!

Ya got that? Jimbo Bubbah Booey???
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 05:16 pm
@Fat Man 1951,
When crimes are committed,
the police shoud be called for criminal prosecution
and the perpetrators shoud be sued in tort.

David
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 05:22 pm
@Fat Man 1951,
Quote:

Therefore, there is nothing perverse about my comparing our institutions to Auschwitz.

Of course there is, and if you're too dumb to see that, I can't do anything for you. People in Auschwitz weren't worried about abuses or inappropriate behavior or bullying or even beatings. They just got to watch everyone around them starve to death, before they were executed like dogs and left to rot in big piles in shallow trenches. Doesn't sound much like what you went through.

Quote:

Yeah!

The only thing I want to here from an ex-jock monkey-boy's mouth is . . . . .

"Will that be paper or plastic?"

Then after that, he can just shut the **** up!!!

Ya got that? Jimbo Bubbah Booey???

I don't know who 'Jimbo Bubbah Booey' is, or who you think is bagging groceries. Neither of these terms relates to me or my life in the slightest, so I assure you that your attempts at insult fall flat. As I have made perfectly clear, I was not a 'jock' and had plenty of my own run-ins with people who picked on me. You are inventing a fantasy to argue against.

I suppose that - as I sit down to watch tonight's football game - I can rest easy in the knowledge that, surrounded by a loving family, a beautiful wife, having a great job and a nice dog and a nice future in front of me, I'm happy - whereas others are so consumed by their hate and inability to let issues go. At the end of the day, nothing that you can say has any real effect on that at all.

Can you say the same? I highly doubt it. You sound like a very bitter person who has a lot of pent-up anger and is looking to vent. If this conversation has helped you to feel better about yourself and your situation, I'm happy for you. Otherwise, I must say that it has become rather boring, and if you don't have anything more interesting to contribute, I have nothing more to say, other than that those who cannot understand the beauty of sporting activity in any way are missing out on one of the true wonders of the human existence, and I feel sorry for you.

Cycloptichorn
Fat Man 1951

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 06:02 pm
Hey Cyclops you one-eyed pin-headed moron!!!

You just ignored everything I tried to say in my previous post.

You completely ignored my mention of how handicapped students in some boarding schools are being tortured with electric shocks!

No, I'm am NOT inventing a fantasy to argue against!

Everything I had mentioned is a fact! It has happened, and is happening now.

I bet you didn't even bother to check out the links to the You Tube videos about the boarding schoos where children are administered electric shocks.

Go back to the previous page where you will find the links I posted.

As for the your moronic statement . . . . .

--------------------
". . . . . beauty of sporting activity in any way are missing out on one of the true wonders of the human existence, and I feel sorry for you."
--------------------

Oh yeah! The beauty of watching a bunch of ugly, sweaty, smelly monkey-boys chasing a ball! Kicking an oval shaped hunk of pig-skin over an iron post is one of the true wonders of human existence.

Unlike Astronomy, sweeping the sky with a telescope, and looking at the planets and the Orion Nebula and the Pleiades Cluster, the sweet smell of the cool winter night air.

Or working on a oil painting, or listening to a symphony, or hiking along a nature trail through a forest, or riding a motor cycle on a trail through the mountains.

Yeah, I guess you should pity me because I shall never know the joys of smelling the musky aroma of a locker room, and watching athletic young men, their bodies glistening with beads of sweat in the summer sun.

I shall never know the homo-erotic pleasures of watching young men in a sporting event.

I'm to be pitied.

Oh! By the way . . . . .

Sports was invented about 2,500 years ago by wealthy old perverts and pedophiles who liked to butt-bang little boys and young male athletes.

No wonder the ancient Greek culture went into decline.

I rest my case!

panzade

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 06:17 pm
Chai, I swear this happened to me:

just a couple of days ago, someone said something to me about a celebrity dying, and when I said "I'm sorry I don't know who that is" they replied, quite brightly and with much amusement I must say, "What's Wrong with you?"

This isn't a mean person, it's just one of the hundreds of times I've been expected to know who some celebrity is.
BTW, I just laughed.
I mean, what else could I do? Start a big discussion like this thread? Get mad? What's the use?

Merry Christmas sports nuts

chai2

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
@panzade,
That happens to me all the time too.

I don't know who hardly anyone is, and don't care.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 07:23 pm
@Fat Man 1951,
Cycloptichorn has courageously announced the formation of a new civil rights group whose time is long overdue -- the NAAOP (that is, the National Association for the Advancement of Oppressed Jocks).

Cy, this may surprise you; but I actually admire the college football player Tim Tebow because he stands for traditional moral values, which is something you obviously don't support -- as is evidenced by your hateful, bullying spirit and your foul, cussing mouth.

Merry (irony intended) Christmas! ... or Happy Holidays! ... or whatever greeting you prefer in our pluralistic society.

Well, gang, I'm outta here. FOR GOOD.
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 07:40 pm
@I Like 1981,
If Cyclo had been in that school bathroom when that happened to you, he would have laughed.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 07:51 pm
@wmwcjr,
I meant NAAOJ, of course. So I made a typo. Big deal.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 02:36 am
damn.

i just hadda look at one more post 'fore I went abed...

oh well.

merry christmas, sportsfans.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 02:42 am
@chai2,
The mask of fuzzy liberal rhetoric fell off his face and revealed an inner cruelty.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 02:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Hey, David. Although I'm not into politics anymore, you're MY kind of "extreme right-wing Republican."