All liberals are pussies.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 08:58 am
@A Lone Voice,
A Lone Voice wrote:

The "toughest" individuals are the people who have been raised in households
or neighborhoods where violence is common.

No mystery here, which is why it is silly to stereotype.

Want to find the "tough guy"? Look for the dude who was tuned up
weekly by his dad/uncle/brother/cousin/neighbor/fellow gang member, where fighting back was a learned skill.

He/she might be a teacher/cop/broker/custodian/bum/or whatever now.

But these are usually the people that start to grin when the violence begins.

And they usually don't talk about how tough they are...

R u defining tuffness
as the ability to withstand pain,
or
the willingness to inflict it ?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 09:14 am
definitely the ability to take it and get back up.

any idiot can inflict pain or knock someone down.

tough is getting back up and/or not backing down in the first place.

Tough is also not necessarily the enjoyment of violence but rather the willingness to engage in it if pushed.
A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

R u defining tuffness
as the ability to withstand pain,
or
the willingness to inflict it ?

Yes. Smile

Interesting aside about American culture, especially those raised up in the middle class:

Most people get through life rarely involved in physical conflict.

A few years ago I conducted an informal study at a police academy in a large city; of the class of 30, only four had frequently been involved in physical fights. One was a former gang member as a kid (got out early enough to pass the background to be hired); two had regularly been in fights in high school.

None had been in fights as an adult.

One told me later she had been abused by a boyfriend, but got in licks herself in a very dysfunctional relationship.

Interestingly, these four were the most comfortable with the 'fighting' part of training.

Most American adults, if they were to get punched in the face, would stand there in shock until they got beat up the rest of the way. I don't think conservative or liberal plays into it much.

A willingness to fight plays large in this. Not being a bully; rather, once a fight begins, a willingness, almost a desire, for physicality, usually reflects the toughness that I think everyone is referring to.

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:35 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:

definitely the ability to take it and get back up.

any idiot can inflict pain or knock someone down.

tough is getting back up and/or not backing down in the first place.

Tough is also not necessarily the enjoyment of violence but rather the willingness to engage in it if pushed.

Hey, something we agree on! I knew it would happen sooner or later...

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:19 pm
@A Lone Voice,
A Lone Voice wrote:
\Not being a bully; rather, once a fight begins, a willingness, almost a desire, for physicality, usually reflects the toughness that I think everyone is referring to.

Nah, you're all wrong. It's all about how big your Hummer is.
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:26 pm
@kickycan,
YEH, AND THE WATERS DEEEEP TOO!!
eoe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 09:35 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

YEH, AND THE WATERS DEEEEP TOO!!

Alright"let's see how many people know just who Farmerman referenced here? Show of hands please.
0 Replies

candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 09:51 pm
@kickycan,
Yes, liberals are pussies but they are better thinkers. Conservative retards slow down evolution.

I think we should put them all in one fucken bar and give them whisky and PCP for three days.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 09:51 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:
If you doubt me, just think about this scenario. You're at a bar with a couple buddies. They are roughly the same size. One is a cigar-chomping, Hummer-driving conservative redneck with a crew cut and a simple outlook on life. The other is a granola-eating, pot-smoking environmentalist with a pony tail and a nuanced "hold hands and sing kumbaya" kind of attitude.

A fight breaks out. Which one do you want on your side?

Certainly not the conservative. Two reasons:

1) Fights don't just "break out". They are started by people, and continued by people. And not by people like the liberal you describe.

2) The conservative is so obsessed with its own appearance of toughness that he'll just randomly beat up someobdy whether or not he had anything to do with starting the fight. Have you heard nothing from Iraq?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:05 pm

I well remember a friend of friend, ok, a Mellon, am I spelling that right, that no one would pick up on the stairs. Paul, I think. My friend who told me about that also died, sometime later. It was a horrible time.

I'm not the only one who paid atttention then, but I've not a clue for recent links.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:08 pm
When I was in NYC, I was afraid that a conservative was going to take the bible out from the statue of liberty's arm and beat me to death with it.

</old thread reference>

T
K
O
0 Replies

salblomo

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 11:48 am
@Setanta,
Those people weren't liberals. Not all democrats are liberals. Especially people like Truman and Kennedy. In fact, Kennedy LOWED TAXES!! No, the pussy Liberalism we see today was formed during the Vietnam era, when these homos started spitting on our soldiers who went to war. Now those same spitters have grown up and are now spitting on all of us from Capital Hill with their pussy liberal money wasting ideas.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 12:23 pm
@salblomo,
And thank you, sir, for the pussy reactionary time wasting post.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 12:27 pm
@A Lone Voice,
Quote:

But these are usually the people that start to grin when the violence begins.

And they usually don't talk about how tough they are...

You're 100% right about that, ALV.

I grew up in a tough neighborhood and got 'tuned up' as you put it on more than one occasion. I don't regret it though, taught me the lessons I needed to survive that first punch to the face.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies