Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:19 pm
Quote:
Obama Snubs Nation's Heroes, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years

Barack Obama may have stumbled over his words briefly during his inauguration, but he made an even bigger blunder later Tuesday evening. The newly sworn-in President opted not to appear at what should have been one of the most important Balls on his agenda that evening - The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball.
The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball was begun in 1953 for President Dwight Eisenhower's inauguration. The event recognized recipients of the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military award. There were 48 Medal of Honor recipients in attendance, who were undoubtedly disappointed by the Commander-in-Chief's failure to show. Over the past 56 years and 14 inaugurations, no President has skipped this event - until now.
The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball is sponsored by the American Legion, and co-sponsored by 13 other veteran's service organizations, including those such as the Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
Instead of attending this ball honoring our nation's heroes, Obama was busy making stops at 10 other official balls. Obama and his wife's first stop was at the Neighborhood Ball. From there they went to the Home State Ball for Illinois and Hawaii, the Commander-in-Chief Ball, the Youth Inaugural Ball, and the Home State Ball for Delaware and Pennsylvania. They finished off the night with brief appearances at the Mid-Atlantic, Western, Midwest, Eastern, and Southern regional Balls.
Celebrities were a plenty at the balls, with Stevie Wonder, Shakira, Mary. J. Blige, Faith Hill, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, will.i.am, Sting, Mariah Carey, and Leonardo DiCaprio in attendance at the Neighborhood Ball. In addition, the other nine balls also featured a star-studded lineup including Kanye West and Kid Rock at the Youth Ball, Marc Anthony at the Western Ball, and Cheryl Crow at the Western Ball.
It was the party without all of the celebrities that Obama skipped. The very people who he sought to have support him during his candidacy and campaign, who have fought to protect this country, were snubbed in favor of publicity and the opportunity to rub shoulders - yet again - with the out-of-touch Hollywood elite.

What kind of guy did you libs put in Office? The first president to skip The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball? It is an instance like this that is prompting me to leave the military in April. If he couldn't take time out of his schedule to honor these guys what makes you think he is going to take care of the military? Mark my words, the military is doomed with Obama in office. All of you who complained about Bush and his treatment of the military watch what Obama does. He will make Bush look like a saint in his treatment of the military.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8627
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,807 • Replies: 81

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:29 pm
Mr. Obama did not "stumbled over his words" during the swearing in ceremony. The Chief Justice, a Bush appointee, delivered the oath incorrectly (appreciate the irony). As for the rest of that drivel . . . yeah, so what?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

What kind of guy did you libs put in Office?

"Obama Snubs Nation's Heroes, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years"

Simple:
The liberal dumbmasses elected a left wing dumb ass.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:40 pm
I hear Obama took a dump in the White House, too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:40 pm
The President and the First Lady attended the 10 official inaugural celebration balls.
They missed some dozen others.

I think, this really will bring the USA down.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:43 pm
@Setanta,
Hey Set I could care less about stumbling over words. In fact I mentioned nothing about that in this thread. After the way Bush spoke the last 8 years whats a stumble?

As for the drivel, its kind of low to pass up the people who have served and are serving in the military to hang with the Hollywood elite. Besides entertainment what have they done for the freedom of the US? Obama is going to screw the military and he has shown his true feelings for the military and it wasn't even the 1st 24 hours of his term.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:46 pm
You applaud when Bush sends thousands of our military people to be killed or wounded in order to over throw a Banana Oil Republic. You don't make a peep about cuts and abuses in veteran's aid. You're fine with trillions in tax dollars disappearing into black holes in war torn Iraq instead of helping our troops and their families. But this you get upset over?

Here - you deserve this and you can share the title with H2OMan:

http://www.expertees.com/t-shirts/images/drama-queen-t-shirt.jpg

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:49 pm
@Baldimo,
Honestly, what unofficial balls should the First Lady and president have gone to? Just this one? Before going to the ten official balls? Afterewards? And leaving out the 16 other unofficial balls (the number might be larger, I only made a quick search)?

And .... what GW said.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:56 pm
@Green Witch,
I don't know how well you know me Green Witch but I joined the military after the invasion of Iraq. So I put my money or ass in this case where my support was. I supported the decision and still do. I have already stated that the military has had the best funding and support that it has had in the last 16 years. Did you know the military was so short on money during the last half of the Clinton years that soldiers were running around during training excersises yelling bang bang because the military couldn't afford to buy blanks. This is what is going to happen again because Dems have no love for the military.

Veterans aid improved in the last several years because of Bush. I know for a fact because I am in the program that there is a seperate VA program for those that have served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Did you know this?

When it comes to money disappearing why hasn't the House or the Senate which have been controlled by the Dems for the last 2 years tried to track down the money? Because if they go looking for that money then they will have to hunt down the money that has and is going to disappear because of the first 850 billion and the next 850 billion in "stimilus" money. Once again who is in control and why haven't they done anything about it? They don't care about the money it was all political in nature and you know it.

So you know, I'm not upset as much as I am displeased over what Obama has already shown as his support for the military. None.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:57 pm
@Baldimo,
Obama attended the Armed Forces ball, I saw him dance with a nice young lady there on my Tele vision device. He just didn't go to the right armed forces ball, I guesss.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:00 pm
@Baldimo,
You shouldn't run around bragging about aiding and abetting war crimes.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sorry Cyc Obama didn't attend the Armed Forces Ball, he attended the Commander In Chiefs Ball.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:07 pm
I suspect that his Balls are bigger than yours.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Sorry Cyc Obama didn't attend the Armed Forces Ball, he attended the Commander In Chiefs Ball.

Shrug. I got the name wrong, but who cares? It was a military ball.

I'm sure you could find some other **** to nitpick about. Perhaps before long he'll do something to give you guys, yaknow something real to whine to us about.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:09 pm
@Baldimo,
The First Lady and the President attended these 10 official balls:
_ Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
_ Obama Home States (Illinois and Hawaii) Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
_ Biden Home States (Pennsylvania and Delaware) Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
_ Midwest Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
_ Mid-Atlantic Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
_ Western Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
_ Commander in Chief’s Ball at the National Building Museum.
_ Southern Inaugural Ball at the National Guard Armory.
_ Eastern Inaugural Ball at Union Station.
_ Youth Inaugural Ball at the Washington Hilton.

The didn't attend any unofficial ball, among those for instance::
_ Congressional Black Caucus Inaugural Ball at the Capitol Hilton.
_ Creative Coalition Inaugural Ball at the Harman Center for the Arts.
_ Recording Industry Association of America’s ball for Feeding America.
_ BET’s Inaugural Ball at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
_ Africa on the Potomac inaugural celebration at Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va.
_ American Music Inaugural Ball at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
_ Inaugural Purple Ball at the Fairmont Hotel.
_ Human Rights Campaign’s Equality Ball at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel.
_ Inaugural Peace Ball at the Smithsonian National Postal Museum.
_ Impact Film Fund ball.
_ ... ... ...
_ ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo, I live in area where practically every other house has a son or daughter in the military. You would be surprised how many of your comrades disagree with you about Bush's record concerning the military. I got great satisfaction watching Vote Obama signs go up where Bush/Cheney signs once stood. Personally, I think veterans deserve better than what I have seen and heard from those who have come back from Iraq. I'm glad you were happy with the way Bush treated you, but I think you will find you are in the minority of returning vets.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
His first interview as President was to a muslim cable news network? What kind of crap is that. In not saying it should have been Foxnews but for the love of God it should have been a news channel from here in the states.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
The man who he wanted appointed as Sec of Treasury hasn't paid his taxes! Let me try that game and see how far I get.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

His first interview as President was to a muslim cable news network? What kind of crap is that. In not saying it should have been Foxnews but for the love of God it should have been a news channel from here in the states.

Why? Haven't we seen plenty of interviews with Obama?

Perhaps he should be talking to people who need to know more about him, not the country which just elected him. Would you have even watched an interview he gave?

Cycloptichorn