FreeDuck

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:11 pm
@Baldimo,
I don't know, but was he expected to be there? If it wasn't one of the official balls, how did he snub them? The writer of the article never actually quotes anyone who was in attendance or who sponsored the ball as feeling snubbed or disappointed.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

So the question to ask then would be why snub this ball after it has been attended by every President since Eisenhower?
One would think, that it was an offical ball.

Don't expect A2Ks lefties to apply logic to the facts you present when they formulate their responses.

Left wing liberals are allergic to Logic and Facts, they break out in childish insults and mindless rambling.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:44 pm
@DrewDad,
Sorry Drew your wrong. I already mentioned I could care less who he talked to in the US. Plus I know better. Obama isn't going to schedule any interviews with Foxnews. I'm a realist, I'm not stupid. I know for the most part that Foxnews might not give him a fair interview.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Who makes the list? I know it isn't Obama that makes the list so who does? Who decided it wasn't offical?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 06:17 pm
@Baldimo,
I think if there were any integrity to the "charges" brought forth against Obama, you'd see more neutral or more objective language used, and have the point still be made.
Obama didn't "snub" the ball, he simply did not attend.
If Obama merely "did not attend" his daughter's graduation ceremony, he simply wasn't in attendance. Saying he "snubbed" it means that he deliberately slighted the ceremony.
You chose the language you saw would fit your partisan leanings best, and used that language, not the actions, do the talking.

Obama did not attend a ball that you think he should have attended, therefore you use harsher words to describe his absence than is actually required.

Obama didn't "snub" heros, and he didn't "snub" the ball. Obama simply didn't attend. Get a grip.

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 06:26 pm
@candidone1,
Candid please get off the high horse. After what I have read on this site over the last 4 years and you going to tell me about language used to describe someone in a thread. Please get off the horse.

Why can no one answer the simple question of why out of the last 56 years and 14 inaugurations did Obama not attend? I hear excusses but no reasons. Please for the love of God will someone give one simple reason why he didn't attend?

The reason is easy. He didn't care to be bothered with seeing a bunch of people who have sacraficed more then he could dream of for this country. No military service to his country so he doesn't care or understand what it means to serve.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 06:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Candid please get off the high horse. After what I have read on this site over the last 4 years and you going to tell me about language used to describe someone in a thread. Please get off the horse.

Why can no one answer the simple question of why out of the last 56 years and 14 inaugurations did Obama not attend? I hear excusses but no reasons. Please for the love of God will someone give one simple reason why he didn't attend?

The reason is easy. He didn't care to be bothered with seeing a bunch of people who have sacraficed more then he could dream of for this country. No military service to his country so he doesn't care or understand what it means to serve.

Boo ******* hoo. Like I said; juvenile high school ****. Obama attended the CiC ball with plenty of service people. Just b/c he didn't want to appear where you thought he should, gosh; he must hate the troops!

You'd better learn to suck it up or the next several years are going to be really painful.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 06:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

You'd better learn to suck it up or the next several years are going to be really painful.

Cyclotroll, are you saying the next several years under PrezBO will be really painful for the country?

This is possibly the very first fact that I have seen you post here on A2K. We are all so very proud of your progress here.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 08:04 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Yup... about on par with Baldimo's assertion about Obama's treatment of the military.

Yeah, but that's to be expected from these right wingers. He has been shown to be pretty much an idiot on this.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 09:20 pm
The fact that it is a 50 year tradition is a good enough reason to re-evaluate the traditional list of Balls attended. The military wasn't snubbed, in fact the Inaugural Committee went to great expense to set up live telephone links to some of rank and file heros in the Middle East so that President Obama could speak with them personally. They also filled the ballroom with hundreds of more rank and file wounded heros who were given special invitations and help with arrangements to get the vets there

It is disappointing that someone in the military would shame Obama for honoring those heros by including them in the night's festivities. I think it was a good modernization to a 50 year tradition, especially when you consider that he spent all of 45 minutes at each ball.

He wasn't kidding when he said that things would be re-evaluated and a lot of government sacred cows will need to change with the times.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 09:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

His first interview as President was to a muslim cable news network? What kind of crap is that. In not saying it should have been Foxnews but for the love of God it should have been a news channel from here in the states.

It was a brilliant move. With that 10 minute interview, he's opening our country's fist and extending a handshake to the non-violent Muslims and other Mid Easterners. With that one move he has neutralized a lot of the power of terrorist instigators by showing a willingness to listen. It also put them on notice that the onus is on the non-violent segment of Muslims and Arabs to raise their voices against the violent terrorist in order to have the opportunity to be heard.

Exactly what would have been accomplished by yet another 10 minute interview with a US news network?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 09:40 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

It was a brilliant move.

Not a brilliant move, but it may shake out to be a pretty good move because it helps deflect
interest from the huge spending bill O boy is trying to shove down the tax payers throats.

0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 02:36 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:

http://www.heady.co.uk/rm/george_bush_vietnam_air_guard.jpg

See this man? He is pretending to be a serviceman. Pretending, because he actually deserted from the USA Airforce during a war. That's what it is called when you run away to a whore-house in Mexico when your country asks you to do what you have promised. Desertion. Did Mr Barack deserted from the US military?

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/images/Arlington_Funeral_ap.jpg
For those who did not take the 'Bush Vietnam Inaction Plan' and actually made the supreme sacrifice, this is their resting place in Arlington. It was sort of traditional for the President of the US to acknowledge this..... up to the 'Deserter-in-Chief'. He couldn't be bothered turning up for one of these funerals. And weren't there a lot of them?!? George was toooooooooooo busy, practising his golf swing to actually honour a dead soldier. Tough **** for them, hey? Why didn't their Daddy pull a few strings??

And, by the way, just how many soldiers has your new President needlessly sent to their deaths?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 04:20 am
@Mr Stillwater,

Stillwater is a prime example of the hateful left wing barking moon bats on A2K.

Meanwhile... PrezBO is setting this country up for a huge fall.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 06:25 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:

This is one of those "have you stopped beating your wife" questions. Supplying you with an answer (and what, for the love of god, makes you think anyone here can answer this) would be tantamount to acknowledging that there were a fault committed. Why should anyone assume that there were something wrong with him not having attended?

You're furiously digging to pile enough imaginary dirt on your mole hill to make it look like a mountain. Don't try to make it sound as though the rest of us were somehow obliged to help you dig.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 08:23 am
@Setanta,

Baldimo brings up a good point... why did PrezBO skip this event knowing full well it was the wrong thing to do?

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 09:25 am
@Mr Stillwater,
You know there is the same amount of truth to Bush being a deserter as there is about Obama not being born in the US. Funny thing is, no one tried to come forward with forged documents about Obama. You guys on the left tried and tried and tried and even after getting a major tv channel to report on the false info which they forged you still can't let go of the fact that Bush being a deserter isn't true. You must be trying for the "say something enough times and it becomes fact." Nice try Still.

Question though. Have you ever been in the military?
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 10:21 am
I've got a question for you, Baldi: do you honestly think that Obama hates or doesn't respect the military? What dark thing in Obama's heart do you think his having not attended this ball is evidence of? Who wrote this article and what do you think their agenda is?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 10:29 am
The American Legion doesn't feel snubbed, so why does anyone else care about this?

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_obama_snub_medal_of_honor_winners.html

Quote:
We reproduce both statements here, just as they were emailed to us from the Legion:

Original statement from American Legion National Adjutant Dan Wheeler: The American Legion, as it has on every inauguration evening since 1953, hosted the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Banquet & Ball on January 20th . The quadrennial event is co-sponsored by fourteen veterans service and military service organizations and honors recipients of the Medal of Honor. Forty-seven of these heroes attended this year’s event. President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received. From The American Legion’s point of view, the new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The National Adjutant of The American Legion states that, as an organization, The Legion does not feel offended or “snubbed” by the President’s failure to appear.

Second statement from Mr. Wheeler, Jan. 26, 2009: We extended an invitation as we always do. There are numerous Balls and we know he can’t attend them all. Of course, we would have loved for him to make an appearance, but he didn’t. It’s a logistical nightmare. He did meet with the troops at the Commander In Chief’s Ball, and we are grateful for that. Our Ball wasn’t about the President; it was about the Medal of Honor recipients and the veterans and families who were there. We are grateful that the Vice President appeared, and our guests were very appreciative.

That having been said, there are much more important issues to dwell on, which we intend to do. We look forward to working with the new administration on ensuring full and guaranteed funding for VA health care services, and the very best treatment for our service people who have been wounded, and on the quality of life of all members of the Armed Forces and their families, as well as the maintenance of a national security force that will deter any enemy from considering an attack on America.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 11:07 am
@FreeDuck,
Snap.
0 Replies