Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:34 pm
@Baldimo,
At least you have a realistic attitude toward the bad stumble over the words made by the Chief Justice of the Surpeme Court; you may not have mentioned it, but it's in the first sentence of the article you posted.

Apart from being evidence of the fact that Mr. Obama did not attend that ball, his failure to attend that ball does not tell you anything--about why he didn't attend, nor what his attitude and actions toward the military and veterans will be. You're hollering before you're hurt. I suggest that you have a partisan agenda, and that this is just an initial foray. You don't have anything to complain about, but you just thought you'd get warmed up, just in case.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It doesn't matter if I would have watched or not, it was his first offical interview as the President and he chose a non-US outlet. How about an offical interview where he tells the US people what he plans for the 1st 100 days instead of his front people.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It doesn't matter if I would have watched or not, it was his first offical interview as the President and he chose a non-US outlet. How about an offical interview where he tells the US people what he plans for the 1st 100 days instead of his front people.

Irrelevant nitpicking. He has given several press appearances where he has done much of that, mostly focusing on the Stimulus bill.

Who gives a **** who his first 'official' interview is with? I mean, are you hurt that he didn't pick you or something?

I think Set is right - you're just warming up the indignation machine. Lemme know when something serious comes up; so far you've complained about Obama not going to the correct dance, and for talking to people you don't like much. Next you'll be bitching about him taking your girlfriend and calling you a poopy-head Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:44 pm
Mr. Obama is too much of a gentleman to call Baldimo a poopity head . . . after he has given it to Baldimo's girlfriend in the Hershey Highway . . .
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:49 pm
@Setanta,
It is indeed telling when he was the 1st President to not attend the ball in 56 years. I would say that is very telling. This whole forum is a practice in partisan agendas.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:57 pm
The Congressional Medal of Honor was established in 1861 (for the Navy) and 1862 (for the Army). So, are you saying that every President for more than 90 years was unpatriotic and untrustworthy because they did nothing to give special recognition to Medal of Honor recipients? Keep in mind that that list includes Ulysses Grant, Rutherford Hayes, James Garfield, Chester Arthur, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt and Harry Truman--all of whom served in the armed forces in time of war. Theodore Roosevelt himself was awarded the Medal of Honor, the only American President to be so honored. Should he be despised for not making a point of recognizing Medal of Honor recipients during his inauguration? This is really petty bullshit. It's partisan motivation is so obvious you ought to be embarrassed.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:13 pm
@Setanta,
Now your digging. The Ball has only been in session for 56 years and Obama was the first President in the 56 years not to attend said ball. Would I call him unpatriotic? No I would not. Would I call him untrustworthy? Getting there. Dems have not treated the military with respect in decades.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:14 pm
@Setanta,
These folks are hurting, Set. Just got their asses kicked royally by Obama.
Go easy on 'em.

But don't enjoy their misery any less!
Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:15 pm
@Baldimo,
No, you're the one who is digging. You are using the excuse of a mere social event, an unofficial inaugural ball, to slam the President, and to make allegations about what his behavior toward the military and veterans will be, when you don't have a f*cking clue how he will behave. I declare this thread to be officially pathetic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't intend to let bullshit like this pass. I'm not going to respond to turd stirrers like Water Boy or McWhitey, but Baldimo happens to be someone with whom it is actually possible to have a conversation. But i certainly don't intend to cut him any slack when he reaches like this.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:23 pm
@Setanta,

Satin, you and Frankie are
spewing unbelievable bullshit.
The hate is strong in both of you.
Embrace the hate, it only makes us stronger.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Now your digging.

Obama snubs Hero's.

Does he snub people who can't use "apostrophe's" correctly?
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:45 pm

"HONOLULU " President-elect Barack Obama will have a Commander in Chief's Ball during his inauguration with military personnel, their spouses and those wounded fighting in the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as guests.

In announcing this Thursday, officials said that tickets for the Jan. 20 military-only ball will be free to guests. The formal event will be at the National Building Museum in Washington.

"It is a privilege to honor our men and women in uniform during our inaugural festivities by continuing the tradition of the Commander in Chief's Ball. Our troops represent the best America has to offer, and without their dedication and sacrifice we would not be able to enjoy the freedoms that we are coming together to celebrate on January 20," Obama said in a statement released while he vacationed here in his native Hawaii.

"They deserve our thanks and our gratitude. Michelle and I look forward to attending the Commander in Chief's Ball and sharing this special evening with representatives of our armed forces," his statement said.

Aides say most of the guests will be enlisted personnel and junior officers. Others will be active duty military members, active duty National Guard and National Guard Reserve members. The guest list also will featured those injured in military actions, families of those killed in combat and spouses of those deployed."

Don't know about you, but that sure sounds to me like honoring the military.
So what we have on this thread is just another example of rightwing spun rant.

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:06 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Does he snub people who can't use "apostrophe's" correctly?

Another cheap shot, DrewDad. Baldimo ain't writing a paper for submission to a science journal. You'd have no time to post, or do anything else in your life if you were to start "correcting" "mistakes" around here.

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Our troops represent the best America has to offer, and without their dedication and sacrifice we would not be able to enjoy the freedoms that we are coming together to celebrate on January 20,"

Some of the best, some of the worst, and some that represent the middle.

The rest is a major crock of ****.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Another cheap shot, DrewDad.

Yup... about on par with Baldimo's assertion about Obama's treatment of the military.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:58 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

His first interview as President was to a muslim cable news network? What kind of crap is that. In not saying it should have been Foxnews but for the love of God it should have been a news channel from here in the states.

Why? He's been talking to us for almost 2 years now. Now that he represents the US, it's time he started talking to the rest of the world.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:03 pm
And if he talked to NBC, they'd complain that he didn't talk to FOX.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:08 pm
So the question to ask then would be why snub this ball after it has been attended by every President since Eisenhower? One would think, that it was an offical ball.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:10 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

So the question to ask then would be why snub this ball after it has been attended by every President since Eisenhower? One would think, that it was an offical ball.

Why would one think that? It wasn't on the list of 'official balls.'

Cycloptichorn