Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 03:09 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolf: I echo your thoughts. I like how you write.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 03:42 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm 58..and followed politcs since perhaps Kennedy-Nixon in 1960. As 5th- graders we sent letters to both candidates and got replies back. In my life I've never been happier to see a President go quietly into that dark night. I pray for very few things, but my prayer is that the world recover from the damage his 2 terms has cost this country and the world at large.

The most destructive administration imagineable walks away. Now we have to go to work and rebuild.
Verbal lee

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah Rebuild.

Saying BUSH IS GONE is about equal to saying , 'well, at least the hurricane is over'.
The weeping, wailing consequences of Katrina hurricane have lingered...... and lingered........and lingered......
I suspicion the Bush tragedies will too...
Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:03 pm
@Verbal lee,
Well, ya can't rebuild while the hurricane is still around. Duh.

Bush is GONE!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:06 pm
Hahahaha! I actually felt bad for the guy - he had to sit there in front of millions listening to Obama's speech with all of its referents to change, making things better, getting respect in the world.
Eva

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 05:24 pm
About time he heard some of that! He's spent the last 8-10 years surrounded by "yes men." He's going to have a rude awakening when he is finally confronted--to his face--by the majority's opinion of him. (Whenever that happens...and it will.) In my opinion, he more than deserved to feel uncomfortable today.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 06:02 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Hahahaha! I actually felt bad for the guy - he had to sit there in front of millions listening to Obama's speech with all of its referents to change, making things better, getting respect in the world.

What makes you think he was actually paying attention?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:11 pm

na na na na hey hey hey goodbye
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 05:13 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:
In my opinion, he more than deserved to feel uncomfortable today.

Did Bush look uncomfortable? I wouldn't know -- I listened to the ceremony on the radio.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 09:26 am
And, of course, there will never be another conservative Republican in the White House, now that we the people have awakened to the truth. The true significance of this historic, golden moment in history is that the people have awakened and realized that Mr. Obama represents truth and justice -- except, of course, for a few maniacs who are beyond hope or redemption.
Gargamel

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:14 am
@Brandon9000,
You're kind of right, though your sarcasm is noted.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:19 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
. . . except, of course, for a few maniacs who are beyond hope or redemption.

Oh now Brandon, you go too far . . . we don't necessarily think of you as a maniac, just deluded . . . beyond hope or redemption . . .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:25 am
@Brandon9000,
Well, let's face it - The Bush Administration is going to be the gold standard of what happens when bible thumping loonies get into power. It will serve as a lesson for generations to come.

(PS - what's Conservative about deposing foreign dictators to spread "freedom" and spending tax money like a bunch of drunkin' frat boys?)
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:32 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
(PS - what's Conservative about deposing foreign dictators to spread "freedom"...)

Now you're simply being innacurate. The reason for deposing the Taliban was their support of Al Qaeda pertaining to 9/11. The reason for deposing Saddam Hussein, as president Bush stated like millions of times, was fear that rather than destroying his WMD development programs, he had merely taken them further underground. Can your opinions onely be supported by falsehoods?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:37 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Green Witch wrote:
(PS - what's Conservative about deposing foreign dictators to spread "freedom"...)

Now you're simply being innacurate. The reason for deposing the Taliban was their support of Al Qaeda pertaining to 9/11. The reason for deposing Saddam Hussein, as president Bush stated like millions of times, was fear that rather than destroying his WMD development programs, he had merely taken them further underground. Can your opinions onely be supported by falsehoods?

The reason for deposing Saddam changes by the minute, Brandon. While you have been consistent in your fearmongering about WMD, Bush has not. Which you well know.

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:46 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo, Haven't you learned by now that Brandon lives in his own private Idaho? It's Bizarro World for people who don't want to face up to the truth.

So did anyone frisk Dick Cheney on his way out to make sure he wasn't making off with any of the White House silver?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:51 am
@Green Witch,
That's what the wheelchair was for - to smuggle out the goods!

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:52 am
@Cycloptichorn,
That was just a ploy so he could skip the metal detector.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Green Witch wrote:

The reason for deposing Saddam changes by the minute, Brandon. While you have been consistent in your fearmongering about WMD, Bush has not. Which you well know.

Cycloptichorn

There may be many fringe benefits to deposing Hussein, but can you find one quotation, given either before the invasion or during the initial hours of the invasion, in which he states any reason but Iraq's destruction of WMD and WMD programs as the fundamental motive for the invasion? Specifically, can you find one in which he gives "spreading freedom" as the reason it should be done?

Here is one in which he does give Iraqi disarmament as the motive:

"...Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly -- yet, our purpose is sure. The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder. We will meet that threat now, with our Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Marines, so that we do not have to meet it later with armies of fire fighters and police and doctors on the streets of our cities...."

From: http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/ci_ct_iraq_2003031901.html

GW's characterization of his motives is simply false, at least based on anything he used to justify going in.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, the story changed when they didn't find the WMD. That's the inconsistency. Then, it became all about 'spreading democracy.' B/c they couldn't admit that they fucked up, Saddam had no real WMD, and they had made a terrible mistake, costing the country thousands of lives and probably a trillion dollars.

Why are you forcing me to explain the obvious to you? You know how the Bush crew wavered in their explanations and story about the invasion.

Cycloptichorn