Yep.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:50 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i think montana is doing what she wants to do, good for her

and FoW, stick around, **** happens, if nothing else you're an interesting read

Well, he/she might be an interesting read to YOU, but not to me. He's going on Ingore User on my computer.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:52 pm
@Mame,
I cant ignore at rain wreck

I dont have the discipline.
Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:56 pm
@shewolfnm,
Too bad for you, ha ha... I CAN and WILL. (shakes head)
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:57 pm
@Mame,
I will quote it all for you then Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:05 pm
@Mame,
**** you Mame! You think you're so ******* smart and you can't even figure out why I started the thread in first place.
Yes, I cried when he told the biker story, but as I explained several times, I was already upset about other things and that was just a trigger. I thought I cleared that up!!!
Just because I have a heart bigger than some doesn't take away my life experiences and make me gullible, naive or vulnerable.
Despite all the ******* hell I've been through in my long shitty ******* life, I still manage to be kind to people, yet every ******* time I turn around, people are just lined up waiting to wipe the ******* smile right off my ******* face.
If you can call me gullible and naive, then you obviously don't know me from jack!
My eyes are wide open!

By the way, I started that thread in an attempt to show you the side of Fount that I saw. I saw a kind person in the man that was costantly being attacked and it bothered me.
I tried talking with him in another thread, but it was impossible because he was always under attack, which is why I started that thread.

I was trying to be his friend, not his lover! Hello!!!!!

I don't think I've ever been so ******* insulted in my life.

Thanks for caring Mame Rolling Eyes

To everyone else. Some of you really did insult me today, as gullible, naive, and vulnerable are words I've grown to hate over the years. If you knew me as much as you thought, you would know that I'm none of those things and if you truly did care, you would know all too well how insulting it is to me.

I do have so very many caring friends here and you know who you are. Thank you for expressing your concern without treating me like a mindless twit and for being respectful.
Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:25 pm
@Montana,
Well, just so you know, the User Ignore I was referring to was FOW, not you. And by all means, go ahead and be angry; it's better than sitting back and taking it. My post to you said what I felt; anything else was what you read into it.

And I don't think I'm so smart and no, I don't understand why you started the thread and I really don't care. I felt compelled to comment. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. No need to get so upset about it. I happen to think you are ruled by your emotions rather than your head and to me, that's gullible. And naive. So I'm entitled to my opinion from what I know of you here.

I don't believe in bleeding heart syndrome. You do. End of story. You can think I'm a bitch and I can think you're gullible. No need to start swearing and calling people out. What do you care what I or we think, anyway? And from the number of people who posted the same sort of thing, I'd say you come across the same way to most of us, so what does that say about you or your posting style? So look at yourself first, Montana, before hitting out at those who know you better than FOW and maybe even yourself.

No hard feelings on my part but like I said, in future you might want to get a temporary email and do this in private.

And if you feel insulted, ask yourself why. You're the one who's in control of your feelings, not us. We're just commenting on your posts. How you feel about it is up to you. You can also choose to feel joyous because so many people care. It's up to you and how you choose to perceive things.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:25 pm
The preface to Please Understand Me" (Kiersey/Bates) (emphasis mine)

Quote:
DIFFERENT DRUMMERS
Excerpted from Please Understand Me II
David Kiersey

If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right -- for me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.

It has occurred to me that FOW might be a total nutcase or an emotional wreck or somebody with a real gift for pulling people's chains. If the latter, he is brilliant. Of course people can give us reason to be cautious--even extremely cautious--on the internet, but to presume that we know anybody's true thoughts, mindset, or motives here is silly at best.

It has occurred to me that Montana might be naive--a conclusion I haven't reached--but she also might have been playing FOW, might have been in a non-judgmental mode and doing some active listening, or might have genuinely wanted to draw out his more endearing side. For anybody to think they know her well enough to harshly judge her mindset or motives is also silly at best. And yes, the target might very well feel insulted.

I think we all might learn to be a bit better at this.

Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:26 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

That lecturing tone is tiresome at best.
Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:29 pm
@Montana,
And what makes you think you have a bigger heart than others? Just because you bleed in public? Please, you don't know any of us any better than we know you so stop making these specious statements.

And you're not the only one with a shitty f*ng life so don't use that as an excuse. Time to grow up, Montana.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:30 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
Yes, I cried when he told the biker story, but as I explained several times, I was already upset about other things and that was just a trigger. I thought I cleared that up!!!
capable of being physically or emotionally wounded
2 : open to attack or damage : assailable <vulnerable to criticism>
3 : liable to increased penalties but entitled to increased bonuses after winning a game in contract bridge

This is what I said:

Quote:
I think you and your vulnerable emotions are still being toyed with.

I made a distinction between you and your emotions. You were being toyed with and your vulnerable emotions (the very same ones you expressed in your own words above) were still making you a target.

I made no attempt or intent to be insulting to you. I'm sorry you have decided to view it as such. I am not sorry for saying something about the maniputation that was going on. I am sorry I did not choose a set of words more to your liking to express my alert to you.

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:32 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Sorry. I guess I thought it preferable to raking somebody over the coals and telling them how they ought to be and what they ought to feel joyous about.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:34 pm
No one has called anyone stupid, nieve ( niave? Nievevee? how to you spell that?) or anything like that.

We just wonder why you give attention to those kinds of people.

This person, in a couple of days , with JUST POSTING has caused you to 1)cry, 2 ) be stressed , 3) be insulted , 4) be angry , 5) avoid internet, 6) have to demand privacy to speak to them , 7) embarassed you, 8) angered you, 9) insulted you, and the list can go ON AND ON..

yet you keep entertaining them.

You say your life has been shitty..
why attract and entertain shitty people so that they can make blips like this in your life?

There are enough of us out here who wont do that to you. Expending your energy above and beyond to entertain and talk to someone who does, in some odd hopes of " showing a side you see"..is...well.. odd I guess
Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:37 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Mame wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Sorry. I guess I thought it preferable to raking somebody over the coals and telling them how they ought to be and what they ought to feel joyous about.

I have yet to rake her over the coals, Fox.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:41 pm
@Mame,
You didn't? Man, I'd sure hate to see what you might say to somebody when you were. But I accept that you believe that you did not.
Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:42 pm
@Foxfyre,
thanks for posting that. I've read it a few times but i will re-read it. I feel fortunate to see that at this time.

I have very little on which to write with this brouhaha except to write that I'm sorry to see that Montana felt battered by this whole matter. She's sincere and was trying to help someone she felt needed an ear. Montana, you continue to earn my respect and admiration. It's clear to me that you weren't looking for anything other than to lend a sympathetic ear. Whether or not the individual was worthy of that effort was not the issue for others to decide for you.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:44 pm
@Ragman,
That is a ditto from me.
Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:53 pm
@Foxfyre,
Whatever ... you're reading what you want into it. There's nothing that I wrote that even resembles raking someone over the coals. It's an opinion, and not even a harsh one.

Why is it Montana can tell me to **** off, yet when I respond reasonably, I'm the culprit?

It's got to be because you support martyrs, bleeding hearts, naivete... or whatever. I like Montana, and have never said anything to hurt her - in these latest posts, nothing suggests otherwise, also. You should look at your own motives instead of mine.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
@Mame,
Mame, I have not mentioned your motives nor inferred in any way where you might be coming from nor judged you good, bad, hard hearted, soft hearted or anything else. I wouldn't have addressed you at all if you hadn't directed a critical post at me directly. But I do see what is written here and whether it is critical, judgmental, condescending, patronizing all specifically targeted at another person. And I take at face value how that other person responds to such direct criticism or whatever.

In my opinion, how the person feels is how she feels and that is not for anybody else to decide. And none of us are qualified to judge his/her motives any more than you are qualified to presume to judge mine.
0 Replies