Montana

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
@Foxfyre,
Thank you Fox. I wish I could have said it just like this. I'm angry, so it's coming out in the same way, but with too much swearing. You have it right on the money.

Butrfly, I know you didn't mean to offend me, but I knew what I was doing and the only one here that seems to give me credit for that is Fox.

Everyone, I'm going to come back and respond to your posts when I've had more of a chance to cool off and I'll try my very best to explain why you can still care without having to make me look like an idiot.

I truly am not a stupid (and all that other stuff) woman.

I likes Fount's writing. We were in the political threads fighting together for peace and I liked talking with him. Now he's gone and I don't get to enjoy his writing any longer, nor will I have him standing beside me helping me fight for the lives of countless of innocent people.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

thanks for posting that. I've read it a few times but i will re-read it. I feel fortunate to see that at this time.

I have very little on which to write with this brouhaha except to write that I'm sorry to see that Montana felt battered by this whole matter. She's sincere and was trying to help someone she felt needed an ear. Montana, you continue to earn my respect and admiration. It's clear to me that you weren't looking for anything other than to lend a sympathetic ear. Whether or not the individual was worthy of that effort was not the issue for others to decide for you.

Interesting that you think it was not for others to decide if the individual was worthy of Montana's sincerity yet you have no reluctance in deciding the same for others and their sincere concern for Montana.
JustBrooke

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:03 pm
@Mame,
Montana .... don't change who you are. It's obvious that some on here, would have handled things a little differently. But that's just it. We are all different in our actions and observations. Also, in the way we inject our thoughts onto others.

But ya know......the only thing that really matters is that you followed your heart. You stood up for someone. It doesn't matter one iota if they deserved it or not. Your heart said they did.

Just reach inside yourself and hang onto what matters......because again...the rest is just so small in comparison. And it's not worth the pain.

I, too, thought you were a little harsh Mame. There are softer ways of getting a point across. Especially when dealing with the soft-hearted. Sometimes, it's better to be silent, if you are going to come across mean spirited. That does not help at all. Really. Then, again ... sometimes written words can be felt in a harsher manner than they were intended. I will give you that.

(((( Montana )))) ..... have a beer. Roll all this bull crap off your shoulders, if ya can. If not......have another beer! Wink Tommorow's a new day.

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
Ragman was not criticizing anybody's concern for Montana. He was criticizing others' presumption of knowing what was best for Montana better than Montana knew for herself.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:07 pm
I'm beginning to think that FOW was an evil fairy (pun intended) who descended here to spread discord and trouble among the peaceful regulars of A2K. It happens you know. I've read about it in books.

http://images.funadvice.com/photo/image/81499/24-393_Absinthe-Fairy-Posters.jpg

Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:13 pm
I'm guilty of nothing but plain speaking. You put it in a public forum, you're going to get all sides of things. As I said, I like Montana, and nobody who knows me, even here, will think I'll attack for no reason, and generally, I don't attack at all.

If I said these things to people with tougher skin, you'd think nothing of it. Yet because it's Montana, you're all over me. THAT's what she's talking about regarding being insulted. She doesn't need your defense. She and I have interacted over the past few years - she knows me as I always am. I spoke with good intent, not bad, and she should and maybe will tomorrow know that. It's just plain speaking. Nothing ill intended.

Anyway, this is my last word on this part of it. Think what you will, but if you're going to judge, judge over your history with me, not out of context on one thread.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:14 pm
To Green Witch, no, I think he is just somebody who enjoys a different kind of activity and banter on A2K than most do.

For the record, Montana and I are almost at opposite poles politically and disagree on how best to deal with a large number of social issues. But she and I, at least in the past, could disagree on a concept without demeaning or belittling or patronizing or being condescending to each other. (It has been awhile since we crossed swords about anything in particular.)

At the risk of (presumably again) getting into my lecture mode, I think that is a concept we all could learn to do better.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:15 pm
@Mame,
I like Mame, I like Montana.

(call both friends)

Brings to mind the old line, what is it?

Oh yeah, ...

much ado about nothing...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:16 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
I likes Fount's writing. We were in the political threads fighting together for peace and I liked talking with him. Now he's gone and I don't get to enjoy his writing any longer, nor will I have him standing beside me helping me fight for the lives of countless of innocent people.

I doubt he's gone. That's part of his game. He gets in a huff and says he's leaving, letting us decide if it is just for the night or for good. He came back after seeing that you were willing to play his game with him. He again did the big farewell and said he was leaving. Now that you've signaled you wish it to continue, he'll be back.

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:18 pm
@JustBrooke,
You sure you're not Montana's twin separated at birth?

But yeah, a couple of beers.....or certainly three oughta do it. Smile
JustBrooke

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

You sure you're not Montana's twin separated at birth?

Ya know.....one would almost have to be proud of that!
She's definitely a sweetheart.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:27 pm
@JustBrooke,
Yes she is. As are you, Brooke, as are you.
Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:29 pm
@Foxfyre,
Rolling Eyes
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:33 pm
@Mame,
Give it a rest, Mame.
Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:38 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre: Correct. I appreciate your comment as it saves me having to retype. I find it odd that what I wrote could be misconstrued by anyone, but such is the dynamics with online communication. I did my best to state it clearly.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:39 pm
@Green Witch,
I like your fairies better than then ones with which I'm familiar.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:41 pm
@Mame,
Mame, if you're still around, wanna play a game of scramble on Facebook?
JTT

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 10:03 pm
Who's peekin' out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Montana

Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin' at everybody she sees
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Montana

And Montana has stor-my eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Montana has wings to fly
Above the clouds (above the clouds)
Above the clouds (above the clouds)

Mame

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 10:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
Great idea, BFN. Yes!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 10:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
Tritto from me, and I must note that's the 2nd time I've ever agreed with you, Foxy.

****, I think I even agreed with Tico ... let me check ... yup, I do.
0 Replies