Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:42 am
@Foxfyre,
Thank you Fox. Just found and read through Setanta's "Drama Queen" thread and feeling worse by the minute, after he told me off on another thread.
Oh boy, now I get to have the king of rudeness start one of his many mocking threads all about me.
Hey, at least it lets me know how some people feel who haven't yet told me to my face. There's no joy in it, but I'll know who to avoid.

You really stuck your neck out for me here Fox, and that takes guts. I hope you know how much it's meant to me that you've taken so much time to try and help me explain my feelings to everyone.

I feel terrible because I've lost some friends through this, I know that all too well.

I don't know what you could have possibly learned from me, but I'm glad to hear it.

Thank you again for everything.

mismi

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:05 pm
@Montana,
I wouldn't take his thread that way Montana...I played there and I wasn't thinking about you, obviously if I had thought you would take that thread so seriously, I would not have. I certainly was not making a statement on this situation at all - I was just playing...I won't make a statement on this situation - it is your business. But I think the world of you - as do many. I probably should have avoided that thread...had I thought more about it I probably would have.

AND I am on pain meds...decision making abilities impaired...
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:20 pm
@Montana,
Montana, like you I generally speak what I think/feel at the time. I disagree with you that you've lost any friends through this. Anybody who would stop being your friend over this was never your friend to begin with. Of course it is always disappointing to find stuff like that out and sometimes we would rather not know.

What I'm learning from you is ways to communicate my feelings without being abrasive. You're so good at that and it is something I need to learn to do better.
Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:29 pm
@mismi,
(((((((((Mismi))))))))) sweetie, I knew your responses had nothing to do with me, along with a few others. Jeeez...I wish I had mentioned earlier that I knew not all in there were responding against me and were just going with the thread. I'm so sorry!
Anyway, I know how you feel and the feelings are mutual ((((((Mismi))))))

I know who's who in there Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:45 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Montana, like you I generally speak what I think/feel at the time. I disagree with you that you've lost any friends through this. Anybody who would stop being your friend over this was never your friend to begin with.

You're right, I know because I keep telling myself this and I know it true.

Foxfyre wrote:
Of course it is always disappointing to find stuff like that out and sometimes we would rather not know.

No doubt about that my friend, no doubt.

Foxfyre wrote:
What I'm learning from you is ways to communicate my feelings without being abrasive. You're so good at that and it is something I need to learn to do better.

I'm very flattered and I appreciate you saying that. I've always thought I was the one learning from you.
I know politically we don't tend to agree, but I always thought highly of you because of a lot of other reasons, like how well you hold up in a debate or if you're under attack.
You've got guts and are not afraid to speak your mind and I really love that about you. Damn, I envy your guts!
Outside of the political spectrum, I tend to agree with just about everything I see you say, so no doubt we share a lot in common.
You think so much like I do, except you have the guts to say it out loud and I'll always admire that.

It's a pleasure knowing you (((((((Fox)))))))
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:04 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
Just found and read through Setanta's "Drama Queen" thread and feeling worse by the minute, after he told me off on another thread.

Don't worry about Setanta, Montana. That was pure chickenshit gutter snipe. He's somewhat lacking in the honesty department.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:05 pm
@Montana,
You mean the world to us, Kiddo. This is one friend you didn't lose!
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:09 pm
@JTT,
Yep. Since JTT was gracious enough to admit agreeing with me about something, I'll return the favor. He's right about this, Montana. (Galling when we have to admit that eh JTT? Smile)

I don't think Setanta has ever said a kind or honest word to me or about me ever in these past four years and yes, it can be upsetting. But hey, misery also loves company and can even be reinforcing when we have to deal with gutter sniping. (Okay, it's tough to take even when you know that, but it does help to know it.)
Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:11 pm
@JTT,
I was thinking more of his lacking in the social skills department, but you've got something there as well.

Thank you ((((((JTT)))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
((((((Frank)))))) Thank you Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:15 pm
@Foxfyre,
I know, I hear ya.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:41 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Thank you Fox. Just found and read through Setanta's "Drama Queen" thread and feeling worse by the minute, after he told me off on another thread.

I dont think any aggression was involved really, Montana ... just a lotta fooling around. Things were getting pretty heavy round here with this stuff going on, lot of really serious and personal stuff. A2K's usually not like that, so people feel the need to kind of create some levity, crudely if need be. It's just poking at the heavy stuff to let some air in.

I didnt see it as laughing at you, personally, just kinda laughing at, oof!, suddenly got heavy in here, didnt it, damn??! Poking fun at the drama of the situation, not personally at you. Yeah, I guess thats kinda hard to distinguish if you're the one who was in the situation... But it's like ... yeah, that place in the corridor, you know, where people who just came out of the room with all the serious and emotional discussion can hang around and you know - have a smoke, take a breather, poke a bit of fun, say some uh.. irreverent stuff about the whole ... situation.

Difference on a forum is, of course, that it's all public and written down and can be re-read. But keep seeing the forest for the trees, girl.
Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:49 pm
@nimh,
Setanta is the one that started the thread, which there's no doubt that it was intended to make fun of me and I can read Nimh.

There's actually only a few in there I think were being spiteful, but the feelings are mutual, so I won't be losing any sleep over that one.
kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:51 pm
I don't care what happened over the past few days. I will always want to jump Montana's bones.
nimh

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:51 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Setanta is the one that started the thread, which there's no doubt that it was intended to make fun of me and I can read Nimh.

I know, and we interpret this one differently I guess.
Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:54 pm
@nimh,
nimh: good observation and valid points. The issue has been worked over pretty completely. I'm fascinated in many ways because it really informed me like no other issue on A2K has about dynamics and emotions of people in a group.

In the past on A2K, I've re-read comments (later on) and at times it made it worse. At other times, I've re-read it and thought the comments were either valid or laughable in some way. Sometimes a "skewered person" just needs distance from it. I think Setanta MIGHT have been just attempting to make fun of of the situation.

When I saw Setanta's Drama Queen thread, I wondered myself how it would be received. I don't think there was any malice. It's just another well-honed A2K gadfly doing his thing.
Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:57 pm
@kickycan,
Thank you (((((((((Kicky)))))))) and I'll never stop wanting to tackle you Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:58 pm
@nimh,
Fair enough Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:00 pm
@Ragman,
I appreciate your thoughts and I value your opinion Ragman.
Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:02 pm
Setanta knows that I know and that's all that ultimately matters.
0 Replies